How do I get an...

whiteCB

Master
Avatar. You know that picture next to your name such as Don Wassell's Micky Mantle.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WhiteCB, click on settings and then edit profile. There is a list of avatars to choose from, though they are generic not sports related. Another option is to send a pm to jaxvid and tell him what kind of avatar you are interested in (an individual or a sport). He has a bunch and may be able to help you out. I got my Mantle avatar from him. The third option is to find a picture yourself and add it. You need to copy and paste the url in your profile. Only problem is that the picture must be tiny or it'll be rejected by the software.

Here's a thread we had going on avatars a while back:

[url]http://www.castefootball.us/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=421&am p;PN=3[/url]Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
whiteCB, I have a volume of pix of white athletes that I can make as an avatar and put on an online access site (the avatar hass to be available on line as the site does not keep it in memory) Let me know if there is something or someone you like and I'll see what I can do. If you have a picture you like I can convert it for you.

PS this offer is for anybody that would like a special avatar

whiteCB

Master
Jaxvid I would like it if you could get me a Dustin Fox avatar. Also are you from Jacksonville because is that what the jax stands for in jaxvid.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jaxvid,I would still like a avatar if you can try to
post a picture for me.Everytime I have tried,it fails.
Either Dusty Stamer,Craig Pickering,or Matt Jones.
If you can help,I would appreciate it.Thanks.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Take a peek at my avatar. Props and all credit go to javid for the excellent pic and technical help making this pic and others available.

p.s. In case you don't know who that is, its Chuck Liddell, Lt. Heavyweight Champ UFC grounding n' pounding out another win.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool avatar White Shogun! I have to credit Jaxvid with mine too. I'm glad he is able to do this service for us.
smiley4.gif

whiteCB

Master
Jaxvid I can't get my avatar to work even though I went to settings and pasted the URL of the Fox image I wanted.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have been trying to paste one forever too.The only one
I can ever get to work is the preselcted ones that have
nothing to do with sports.They told me to keep trying
but I have tried at least 50 times.Good luck to you.If
you figure out a way,let me know.It must be something
on both of our computers blocking it from happening.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried clicking "Preview"? I had to do that a few times before mine worked.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just send it to jaxvid and he can get it up for you. The preview function might do it too.

whiteCB

Master
I'm having the same problem Colonel Reb I've tried everything. The preview function will just not work.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Even after I received the images from Jax, I had to create my own account on Photo Bucket and upload the images there. Then I copied and pasted the URL into the window to upload the image.

Thats the only way I could get it to work.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
All I did was send mine to jaxvid and it worked.