House apologizes for slavery

Bart

Hall of Famer
Just great! What's next?

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_go_co/slavery_apol ogy[/url]
<DIV =storyhdr>

By JIM ABRAMS, Associated Press Writer Tue Jul 29, 7:05 PM ET
<DIV =spacer>

WASHINGTON - The House on Tuesday issued an unprecedented apology to black Americans for the wrongs committed against them and their ancestors who suffered under slavery and Jim Crow segregation laws.

"Today represents a milestone in our nation's efforts to remedy the ills of our past," said Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus.

The resolution, passed by voice vote, was the work of Tennessee Democrat Steve Cohen, the only whitelawmaker to represent a majority black district. Cohen faces a formidable black challenger in a primary face-off next week.

The Cohen resolution does not mention reparations. It does commit the House to rectifying "the lingering consequences of the misdeeds committed against African-Americans under slavery and Jim Crow."http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_go_co/slavery_apology

In the 90s my friend told me it would one day be illegal for a white to use the "n" word and that reparations would one day be paid to blacks. It looks like this is a major step in the general direction of reparations. Today they pretty much layed the ground work if you will.

On the infringement on the 1st amendment prediction of my friend, "hate crimes" laws which are an enhancement of other criminal charges is a major step in that regard. Its just one more step to make the mere use of the "n" word a crime in and of itself and not require the commision of a violent crime for criminal action to be taken against the "offender."Edited by: Sean Carlisle

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm all for reparations, if Native Americans are compensated for stolen lands and being slaughtered. If white descendants of indentured servants are compensated. If descendants of poor immigrants that had to do back breaking work under less than humane conditions are compensated. If short and balding people are compensated, you might as well throw in the morbidly obese too. Wow when does entitlement end...
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I feel sorry for Rep. Cohen.

Evidently he wanted to join the Congressional Black Caucus, but was told it was against the rules.

It sure would be a shame if he lost in his primary next week.

After all I`ve done for you people....

Note how the jew pretends to be White, when it serves his purpose.

Also be aware of the massive jewish role in the negro slave trade.

My idea of making amends with the negro involves sending them back to beautiful and civilized Africa where they can build more pyramids and re-learn how to fly.

bigunreal

Mentor
I said it a long time ago; those who rule us want reparations for blacks, and thus we will eventually have reparations. The only delay is in figuring out a logistically possible way to do so (which, of course, is not going to be easy). President Obama will only accelerate the campaign for reparations.

Reparations will initially draw some strong response from most non-black citizens, since money talks and even with their lifetime of being brainwashed by television, people don't like to have it taken away from them. But, I don't think there will be any effective opposition to reparations from any high profile white individual or group. I doubt if you could get more than a handful or right wingers to publicly oppose reparations now.

Don King's America will really be fun now; black president, reparations, more "hate crimes" laws that will finally accomplish what they set out to do (make it illegal for whites to criticize blacks for anything).

It's hard for any intelligent person to have any remaining interest in politics.

Its all just a matter of time before the multi-racial experiment falls like a house of playing cards. The real question is, what will we do to survive as a distinct racial entity in this world?(that is a rhetorical question, I know, but ultimately one that must be actually answerred).

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Truly sickening! But hey, while they are at it, I want my apologies too.
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
I said it a long time ago; those who rule us want reparations for blacks, and thus we will eventually have reparations. The only delay is in figuring out a logistically possible way to do so (which, of course, is not going to be easy). President Obama will only accelerate the campaign for reparations.

Reparations will initially draw some strong response from most non-black citizens, since money talks and even with their lifetime of being brainwashed by television, people don't like to have it taken away from them. But, I don't think there will be any effective opposition to reparations from any high profile white individual or group. I doubt if you could get more than a handful or right wingers to publicly oppose reparations now.

Don King's America will really be fun now; black president, reparations, more "hate crimes" laws that will finally accomplish what they set out to do (make it illegal for whites to criticize blacks for anything).

It's hard for any intelligent person to have any remaining interest in politics.

Any reparations enacted upun us will effectively start another civil war and this time the good guys will win. Bring the reparations on,we might as well speed up the process of the tree of liberty being nourished with more blood. That tree needs it right now because it is dying.Edited by: guest301

Bart

Hall of Famer
Deacon said:
Run Stuffing LB said:
Also be aware of the massive jewish role in the negro slave trade.

Exactly.

link

Excellent YoutubeExposé on the slave trade. This should be required viewing to gain an understanding of who, what, where, and why.Spread it around.Edited by: Bart

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I want my reparations and apologies for the trillions of dollars in property damage that blacks have caused to this country. I want my apologies for the hundreds of thousands of whites that blacks have killed throughout the years after segragation. I want the billions we have pumped into black education with no results back. I want my apologies for all the white women who were raped by black savages in this country. When I get this they can talk.

whiteCB

Master
guest301 said:
Any reparations enacted upun us will effectively start another civil war and this time the good guys will win.

So are you trying to say that the "bad people", The Union, won the Civil War? A little clarification here please? Oh and since when was the Civil War a good guys vs. bad guys type of deal. I'm pretty sure it was a states' rights issue.Edited by: whiteCB

Tom Iron

Mentor
A couple of questions about reparations.

Will the descendants of black slave owners be entitled to reparations and will creditors be allowed to place liens against the checks of reparations checks?

Tom Iron...

Bart

Hall of Famer
Obama paving the way.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/07/28/news/story05.html

Obama notes 'tragic' US past

American history's "sad" aspects require action, the senator tells cheering journalists
<DIV =byline>By Laurie Au
lau@starbulletin.com

CHICAGO » Sen. Barack Obama, speaking to a gathering of minority journalists yesterday, stopped short of endorsing an official U.S. apology to American Indians but said the country should acknowledge its history of poor treatment of certain ethnic groups.

"There's no doubt that when it comes to our treatment of Native Americans as well as other persons of color in this country, we've got some very sad and difficult things to account for," Obama told hundreds of attendees of UNITY '08, a convention of four minority journalism associations.

The Hawaii-born senator, who has told local reporters that he supports the federal recognition bill for native Hawaiians drafted by U.S. Sen. Daniel Akaka, noted other ethnic groups but did not mention native Hawaiians when answering a question about his thoughts on a formal U.S. apology to American Indians.

"I personally would want to see our tragic history, or the tragic elements of our history, acknowledged," the Democratic presidential hopeful said.

"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."

The majority of the slaves (Rounded up and sold by their bruthas in Africa)that went to the new world were taken to Brazil.

If this reparations movement was moral and just they would be hounding Brazil as well as other Africans nations, like Benin, Togo, Niger,Gabon and Nigeria, who still practise widespread slavery to this day.

The fact that they don't tells you all you need to know about what an utter sham the reparations movement is.

I simply will not pay. My family came here after world war 2, and my wife came from Russia 20 years ago. Make us pay for reparations? Over my dead body.

Nor will i pay taxes at that point if my taxes will go to reparations.

My brothers, we will simply stop paying our taxes and organize a counter movement. How fast do you think this bloated government would collapse without the money from hardworking white men? Let them try to arrest us all, they would only bankrupt themselves quicker.

guest301

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
guest301 said:
Any reparations enacted upun us will effectively start another civil war and this time the good guys will win.

So are you trying to say that the "bad people", The Union, won the Civil War? A little clarification here please? Oh and since when was the Civil War a good guys vs. bad guys type of deal. I'm pretty sure it was a states' rights issue.

I was born in Texas and my grandparents and most of the rest of my family were proud southerners. I was raised to believe the south was in the right in regards to the Civil War and as I researched the topic in my later years I found out that only 5% of the the people who lived in the Southern States even owned a slave and I believe slavery would have been abolished soon whether there had been a Civil War or not. I find slavery abhorrent like most people but I think the war was more about state rights and the increasing growth and role the federal goverment was having in their lives. I am not saying the Union was all bad and the Confederacy was all good but the problems we are having with the federal goverment today stems largely from the outcome of that war. I admit that I shouldn't put the whole Civil War in a simplistic good guys versus bad guys situation. There were alot of complex issues involved and there were well meaning soldiers on both sides of that conflict and most of them fought with honor and purpose. Thank you for the chance to clarify my earlier post.

Tom Iron

Mentor
guest301,

Exactly right about slavery ending. I think without a war, slavery pretty much would have been a dead issue within 20 years, 30 tops.

Tom Iron...

guest301

Hall of Famer
You are right, the abolitionist movement and underground railroad was working and minds were changing on the subject. The war was more about states rights.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
guest301,

Exactly right about slavery ending. I think without a war, slavery pretty much would have been a dead issue within 20 years, 30 tops.

Tom Iron...
If the war didn't happen slavery would have probably ended in the 1880's(as it did in Latin America). Slavery was mostly about have a cheap source of labour and keeping it in a controlled environment. After slavery share cropping was the next step.