Hollywood and Hockey

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I was reading about the Blackhawks trade and this snippet was at the bottom.

Wanna be a movie star? Know how to play hockey? Going to be in Toronto in the next few weeks? Haven't gotten sick of Mike Myers-type zaniness? If you answered 'yes" to all four questions, you may want to contact Aimee McDaniel. I'll let her tell you the rest:

I work for a company called The Sports Studio and our business is choreographing sports action for TV (One Tree Hill, Gatorade commercials) and Film (Miracle, Invincible, Longest Yard, Coach Carter, etc.).

We are currently in Toronto seeking experienced male hockey players for a new Paramount Pictures film starring Mike Myers, titled Love Guru. We are having an open tryout mid-August to help us find hockey players for this movie.

We are also looking for a specific hockey player type - African American, 5-foot-9 to 5-foot-11, between 160-180 pounds, and a great hockey player.

If you're interested, Aimee can be reached at thesportsstudio@gmail.com. Break a leg! (Not you, Mike Peca.)

Source

I might just show up at the casting/tryouts to lay people out on the ice. Keep that head up while crossing that redline, bruthas. I wouldn't want to have to knock any of you into a coma.
smiley36.gif

I'm going to contact that Aimee person, and see if I can set something up for myself.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ground Fighter said:
I might just show up at the casting/tryouts to lay people out on the ice. Keep that head up while crossing that redline, bruthas. I wouldn't want to have to knock any of you into a coma.
smiley36.gif

I'm going to contact that Aimee person, and see if I can set something up for myself.

You could always go the C. Thomas Howell route in one of the worst movies ever made:

65204-large.jpg

soulman1.jpg

Matra1

Mentor
The NHL would also like to get that "specific hockey player type" so they can promote him above all other players. But they seem to be having some trouble finding him
smiley36.gif

Don, thats hysterical. I almost completely forgot about that movie. The last time I'd seen it was when I was a kid. lol.

I SHOULD show up to the casting call in blackface. It would be hilarious (to us at least).
smiley36.gif