History of the White Athlete

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I wasn't sure where to put this, but I've been wanting to start a thread on great white athlete profiles past and present. Maybe one of us could post one a day/week or just whenever a great white athlete comes to mind. I believe it's important for current CF members as well as future members to know about our athletic history and achievements! What do ya'll think? Has this been done here before?

I'm an old school football guy and I never post on the boxing thread, but I enjoy watching old clips of Marciano, Dempsey, and more recently the Klitschkos.

I would love to see some of the history of boxing.

The track and field guys could showcase former and recent great stars.

Some may be saying, why? That's the whole point of CF. I guess it's an idea that came to me, because I don't always have time to go through Boxing, Hockey, Track and Field, and other threads, but if we had a daily or weekly White Athlete profile followed by a short highlight, I would probably look at it almost everyday for updates.

I'll start this on the Happy Hour thread, but I think it could be started by Don under a whole new category if possible. Can we do this Don? If someone wants to expand on this or refine it, that would be great.

Ok, since I found CF by googling white runningbacks, I will start this with the player on my avatar, Dallas Cowboy RB, Walt Garrison. He's mentioned as a FB, but he'll always be a RB to me.

Garrison was an All-American RB and received academic all-american honors at OSU and a member of the OSU Hall of Honor.

He rushed for 3,886 yds/899 att/4.3 yds per carry and 30 TD's as a Dallas Cowboy.

[video=youtube_share;a9DuIl6-Rfk]http://youtu.be/a9DuIl6-Rfk[/video]

I know this may not be the flashiest of starts, but I'm old school. You younger guys on here can put more recent athletes. I enjoy the history as well as recent of all white athletes.

I hope this make sense.