HGH Use

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I heard on ESPN the other day that an anonymous player made a comment saying that as many as 15 players on each NFL team are using HGH. I for one would like to see HGH testing become mandatory enough talking about it, every other sport has some sort of testing. If the amount of use is correct than the NFL has a big problem because a lot of the stats from the last 10-15 years would be fabricated just like in the steroid era in baseball..

[h=1]Anonymous player: HGH use in NFL 'like clockwork'[/h]

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  • By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: May 1, 2013 at 11:14 a.m.
  • Updated: May 1, 2013 at 03:50 p.m.

HGH testing remains a thorny issue around the NFL. Nearly two years after the NFL and NFL Players Association announced an agreement regarding the need for testing, there still is no mechanism in place to test players.

While the two sides battle over the details, one NFL player says HGH use is going up. An NFC starter told Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Tuesday that he believes 10 to 15 players on each NFL team use the banned substance.

"It's like clockwork nowadays," the player said. "Not tested and it's easy to get. Nowadays, dude? In 2013? (Expletive) yeah. I'm just being real."

Dunne's article does a good job providing background on the issue, and we recommend reading it. But it doesn't break much new ground other than calling HGH use "rampant" and "prevalent." The anonymous player is just one of thousands.

"It's a guess," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Around The League about the estimate. "No one knows the extent of use because the union has blocked our agreement to test for HGH for two years and counting."

In a statement provided to Around The League, the NFLPA said, "We continue to actively work with the league to implement a fair, safe and effective test."

The more players and team representatives who speak on this issue, the better. Frankly, it's a topic that we need to know a lot more about.

That doesn't stop some people from voicing strong opinions. The anonymous starter quoted in the story, for one, doesn't believe HGH should be tested, and said most talking points on this issue are just "rhetoric."

"I say, just let guys do it," the player said of taking HGH. "This is our career. We're putting on for fans. I say ... HGH isn't anything. I say, do it. ... You're going to get hit hard regardless whether you're clean or not clean. It's just a matter of how hard you get hit. I don't care who's taking it. A hit is a hit."

white is right

Hall of Famer
These miracle injury recoveries are largely due this usage. I heard a report that a former running back who had his knees destroyed by the NFL had no cartlidge in his knees was given HGH and he now has them.

I heard on ESPN the other day that an anonymous player made a comment saying that as many as 15 players on each NFL team are using HGH. I for one would like to see HGH testing become mandatory enough talking about it, every other sport has some sort of testing. If the amount of use is correct than the NFL has a big problem because a lot of the stats from the last 10-15 years would be fabricated just like in the steroid era in baseball..

Anonymous player: HGH use in NFL 'like clockwork'

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  • By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: May 1, 2013 at 11:14 a.m.
  • Updated: May 1, 2013 at 03:50 p.m.

HGH testing remains a thorny issue around the NFL. Nearly two years after the NFL and NFL Players Association announced an agreement regarding the need for testing, there still is no mechanism in place to test players.

While the two sides battle over the details, one NFL player says HGH use is going up. An NFC starter told Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Tuesday that he believes 10 to 15 players on each NFL team use the banned substance.

"It's like clockwork nowadays," the player said. "Not tested and it's easy to get. Nowadays, dude? In 2013? (Expletive) yeah. I'm just being real."

Dunne's article does a good job providing background on the issue, and we recommend reading it. But it doesn't break much new ground other than calling HGH use "rampant" and "prevalent." The anonymous player is just one of thousands.

"It's a guess," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Around The League about the estimate. "No one knows the extent of use because the union has blocked our agreement to test for HGH for two years and counting."

In a statement provided to Around The League, the NFLPA said, "We continue to actively work with the league to implement a fair, safe and effective test."

The more players and team representatives who speak on this issue, the better. Frankly, it's a topic that we need to know a lot more about.

That doesn't stop some people from voicing strong opinions. The anonymous starter quoted in the story, for one, doesn't believe HGH should be tested, and said most talking points on this issue are just "rhetoric."

"I say, just let guys do it," the player said of taking HGH. "This is our career. We're putting on for fans. I say ... HGH isn't anything. I say, do it. ... You're going to get hit hard regardless whether you're clean or not clean. It's just a matter of how hard you get hit. I don't care who's taking it. A hit is a hit."

I would be surprised if it is less than 30 players per team. I would say that almost all Qbs, most corners, some WRs, kickers, and some safties are not juiced. Beyond that ...... far more in the NFL do than don't, including white players. DWFs HATE to hear about juicing, because it interferes with their dearly held beliefs about the physical prowess of blacks. If they talk about juicing, it will always be about Lyle Alzado or Tony Mandarich. Hit the bodybuilding forums if you want to vomit. They have long-running threads featuring arguments about whether or not some obviously juiced black actor or something was juiced, or just has "black genes". It's comic and tragic at the same time.

davidholly

Mentor
DWFs also hate to hear about juicing because they like to think they're living in an apex period. Where because of recent advanced in training techniques athletes are simply better than they've ever been. Much like how liberals think this generation is simply the best generation America has ever had DWFs like to think they're living in the greatest generation in sports history.

backrow

Hall of Famer
HGH is really hard to test for, it only has a half life of several hours

exactly... it's not only a strength/shredded it gives the,, but most of all, a huge help with the recovery time. it will only get bigger.