"Heroes" Propaganda

bigunreal

Mentor
I was really looking forward to the new NBC series "Heroes." My son was very excited about it, and we watched the first episode together last night. Since I watch virtually no network television, knowing very well what to expect from the parasites who produce the programming for it, I don't give very many shows a chance.

I was very, very disappointed in "Heroes." One of the main characters is a hot blonde. Okay, I realize no show can exist without hot female characters, but this one was really odious. She is a stripper (who of course never really strips, since this is network t.v., and the only nudity they are willing to show are male butts), and she has a young son. Lo and behold, the boy is black! Since the father isn't in the show, and it's somewhat implied that he left them, at first glance this would seem that perhaps the producers of the show are sending dual messages; even the best looking white girls should have sex with black guys, but they will abandon you and your half-black child. Alas, I couldn't accept that any network show would send out a negative message about black fathers, and sure enough, my son has seen some kind of information online indicating that this black father is to be featured prominently later in the series. I wonder if he'll be a good guy or a bad guy? Hmmm. So hard to predict. This same obnoxious blonde woman also had the obligatory scene where she grabs a nerdy white male by the collar (has anyone ever seen any female do this in real life?), as he whimpers and cowers in fear. Apparently, her "power" is a dual personality that presumably will assert itself only when some unsuspecting white male needs to have his butt kicked. In this regard, her "power" is hardly extraordinary; every hot actress over the past 25 years or so has had this strange ability to beat up white males. What would really be amazing is if one of them aquired the power to beat up black males.

Anyhow, just another rant. I wondered if any of you saw this show, and what your thoughts were.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Oh well, just another quality program produced by our trusty friends in Hollywood. So the heroine is a slut stripper with a black kid? If that isn't heartwarming enough, she beats upcowering white men.Millions of dimwits will love the premise.

Bart said:
Oh well,  just another quality program produced by our trusty friends in Hollywood.   So the heroine is a slut stripper with a black kid? If that isn't heartwarming enough, she beats up cowering white men. Millions of dimwits will love the premise.

And what are her "superpowers"? AIDS and razor-sharp welfare checks?
smiley36.gif

Burts

Not surprised to read this at all, especially the ability of the hot chick to make the white men cower in fear. Network TV set out a long, long, time ago and have now totally succeeded in making white men irrelevant. They are always portrayed as the weakest and dumbest humans, even far intellectually inferior to very young children.
I've always admired how they began it all as being so "cute," what with having the kids insult Dad, and every commmercial ever made having the woman know more than the man, and topping him in every single way, intellectually and even physically.
Heck, thirty years ago I was complaining to family and friends about how this supposedly "cute" stuff was part of the reason for the breakdown of the family unit. They, of course, were all convinced that I was making a mountain out of a molehill, if not flat out crazy. I'm sure most people like me have had the same reactions. I know I must be in a very small minority, as these things continue to this day.

G

Our power comes from being able to mock this farce not sit on our butts and moan about these clowns. Basically what we have are several thousand Jewish and white liberals designing absolutely stupid propaganda and trying to pass it off to the rubes as some sort of sophisticated snobbery when in fact its farcial.

I am surprised you guys haven't complained about My name is Earl. We have a white trash woman who is married to a black man, whom she cheated with when she was married to earl. His brother is close to being mentally retarded and has an illegal mexican girlfriend. There is so much more. It is as if they are trying to be as insulting as possible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
wile said:
Our power comes from being able to mock this farce not sit on our butts and moan about these clowns. Basically what we have are several thousand Jewish and white liberals designing absolutely stupid propaganda and trying to pass it off to the rubes as some sort of sophisticated snobbery when in fact its farcial.

I agree. Mocking our pathetic "rulers" is a powerful weapon, because sarcasm and contempt is what they deserve.

I quit watching network television shows 30 years ago. I've never watched a single episode of a "reality" (ha ha) show or anything else trendy. Network television makes me nauseous, there's no way I can sit through any of that crap, especially with the male homosexuality themes and images thatnow saturate the media. It's the fall of Rome all over again except with better technology.

Edited by: Don Wassall

JD074

Master
screamingeagle said:
I am surprised you guys haven't complained about My name is Earl. We have a white trash woman who is married to a black man, whom she cheated with when she was married to earl. His brother is close to being mentally retarded and has an illegal mexican girlfriend. There is so much more. It is as if they are trying to be as insulting as possible.

Wow. Well, if nobody has complained about it, it must be because none of us watch it! I don't... and won't.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
Wow. Well, if nobody has complained about it, it must be because none of us watch it! I don't... and won't.

smiley36.gif

Exactly.

bigunreal

Mentor
I've now watched a few more "Heroes" episodes (trying to give it a chance to keep my son happy). These kinds of shows could be very entertaining if not for the constant propaganda. The blonde stripper's black son is now mentioning how he knows his Dad is innocent, and they had a scene with the black grandmother where she accused the white mom of being unfit and also maintained that her son was "framed." Wow- it's going to be so suspenseful waiting to see if the black guy is actually a criminal. There are two other interracial couples on this show; a white guy with a light-skinned black girl and an Indian/Pakistani guy with a white girl. It makes me so mad that shows with otherwise cool premises are ruined by this required diversity and propaganda.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Let's not forget the goofy white cop (he's a psychic) who is interrogated and humiliated by two women FBI agents, LOL.