Happy Thanksgiving (2012)

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I wanted to wish all my CF brothers a happy and safe Thanksgiving. As for the Dixielander, I'm thankful most for salvation thru Christ, God's Word, my wife and kids, my parents/upbringing and my heritage (...American (pre 2.0), Southern and White). :smile:

Menelik

Mentor
I wanted to wish all my CF brothers a happy and safe Thanksgiving. As for the Dixielander, I'm thankful most for salvation thru Christ, God's Word, my wife and kids, my parents/upbringing and my heritage (...American (pre 2.0), Southern and White). :smile:

Amen and Happy Thanksgiving!

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and everybody at Caste football.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

Thank you DixieDestroyer, that says it all; and thank you Don and all of The CF brothers who contribute. For those who are traveling, be safe and....

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rebajlo

Mentor
Happy Thanksgiving, boys!

Thanksgiving-Dinner-Side-Dishes.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
to my fellows at the best sports site on the Web, wishing you and yours a wonderful day of Thanksgiving!

hopefully,despite the tough times we're having, you still have plenty to be thankful for. cheers, gentlemen. :tea:

Michael

Mentor
Whiteathlete33 condolences on the Lost of your Uncle.

Happy Thanksgiving! Why do we settlement of the 1620 settlement of the Plymouth colony as the founding of this country when in fact Jamestown was settled in 1607? Thanksgiving is a harvest celebration and time to give thanks to God. Though celebrated in Jamestown before the Plymouth colony was even founded the current version appears to come from the 1860's and as such the myths involved with it are a celebration of the founding of the Yankee nation. Jamestown was the founding of the Southern or Confederate nation.

The USA is a country with at least two founding peoples. Probably more if we look at smaller groups like the Dutch, Swedes, Irish who probably did much of the hard labor normally attributed to blacks. Third major group is likely the Germans who should have been the King makers between north and south but always kept a low profile. Have wondered for years if the third cultural area between the North and South mentioned in Geographic class was really the German cultural area. Also, wonder if the New America that some talk about forming in the North Central area could really be New Germany.

Today, Thanksgiving is pushed as a celebration of multiculturalism, but when the White Christian peoples came to this land, Thanksgiving was a time to humble ourselves and give thanks to the Lord God.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Whiteathlete33 condolences on the Lost of your Uncle.

Happy Thanksgiving! Why do we settlement of the 1620 settlement of the Plymouth colony as the founding of this country when in fact Jamestown was settled in 1607? Thanksgiving is a harvest celebration and time to give thanks to God. Though celebrated in Jamestown before the Plymouth colony was even founded the current version appears to come from the 1860's and as such the myths involved with it are a celebration of the founding of the Yankee nation. Jamestown was the founding of the Southern or Confederate nation.

The USA is a country with at least two founding peoples. Probably more if we look at smaller groups like the Dutch, Swedes, Irish who probably did much of the hard labor normally attributed to blacks. Third major group is likely the Germans who should have been the King makers between north and south but always kept a low profile. Have wondered for years if the third cultural area between the North and South mentioned in Geographic class was really the German cultural area. Also, wonder if the New America that some talk about forming in the North Central area could really be New Germany.

Today, Thanksgiving is pushed as a celebration of multiculturalism, but when the White Christian peoples came to this land, Thanksgiving was a time to humble ourselves and give thanks to the Lord God.

Thanks Michael. At 94 he lived a long life.

I have plenty to be thankful for. I have my own house, decent job, and a nice family.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Happy thanksgiving. It's another crappy one for me, lost my uncle on the 17th.
Sorry to hear that WA33. Next month will be one year since my mom passed away. It seems as the days get closer I miss her a bit more.

Wishing all CFers and Don a great Thanksgiving!