Greatest Inventors

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
While it's fairly easy to make a list of the greatest inventors, it's hard to rank them (as it's subjective). Here are some that I feel are amongst the greatest (IMHO)...

Archimedes - Siege engines, screw pump
Charles Babbage -1st Mechanical Computer
Alexander Graham Bell - Telephone
Karl Benz - Automobile
John Browning - Firearms (single-shot, lever-action, & slide-action, rifles & shotguns)
Willis Carrier - (modern) Air Conditioning
Samuel Colt - Firearm (revolver)
Leonardo da Vinci - Various
Thomas Davenport - Electric motor
George Eastman - Portable camera
Thomas Edison - Phonograph, motion picture camera, electric light bulb
Henry Ford - Automotive assembly line
Benjamin Franklin -Lightning rod, bifocals, the Franklin stove
Sergei Korolev - Satellite
Tim Berners Lee - The http:// protocol for the internet
Guglielmo Marconi - Radio
Ed Roberts - Personal Computer
Charles X. Thomas - Mechanical calculator
Nikola Tesla - Alternating Current, Electric Motor
James Watt - Steam Engine
The Wright Brothers - Aircraft

Highlander

Mentor
Adolph Rickenbacker - Electric guitar
Les Paul - Multi-track tape recording machine

Arend

Guru
Karl Drais - bicycle
Hans and Zacharias Janssen- Microscope
Heinrich Göbel - first light bulb
Hugo Junkers - all-metal aircraft
Felix Hoffmann - Aspirin
Manfred von Ardenne - Toothpaste
Justus Liebig - artificial fertilizer
Hugo Schmeisser (C.G.Haenel) /Mikhail Kalashnikov - assault rifle
Cornelius Drebbel - Submarine
Johannes Gutenberg - printing
Otto Hahn - Nuclear Fission
Domingo Santo Liotta - Artificial Heart
Konrad Zuse - first functional program-controlled computer
Philipp Reis - Telephone
Werner von Siemens - Dynamo, Tram
Hans von Ohain - Jet Engine

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All y'all have done here is just post lists of evil, rayciss white guys! :wink: Where is da luv for da bruvas?? In my sense of fairness, here are some inventions by blacks, who at the time (mostly), were unable to show their superior affleticism in the arena of sports:

1. Elijah McCoy (1843–1929) invented an oil-dripping cup for trains. (The "real McCoy")
2. Lewis Latimer (1848–1928) invented an important part of the light bulb — the carbon filament.
3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jan Ernst Matzeliger (1852–1889) invented a shoemaking machine that increased shoemaking speed by 900%!
4. Granville T. Woods (1856–1910) invented a train-to-station communication system.
5. George Washington Carver (1860–1943) developed peanut butter and 400 plant products!
6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madam C. J. Walker (1867–1919) invented a hair-growing lotion.
7. Garrett Morgan (1877–1963) invented the gas mask.
8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Otis Boykin (1920–1982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker.
9. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949–) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see.
10. Lonnie G. Johnson (1949–) invented the world-famous watergun, the Supersoaker.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Zeus

Guru
That's a great thread man, thanks for this.

Georgios Papanikolaou - Pap smear
Socrates - Western Philosophy
Plato - Platonic method
Pericles - Democracy (not as we UNFORTUNATELY define it today)
Aeschylus - Drama
Aristophanes - Comedy
Democritus - Atomic Theory (Way before this overrated tool Einstein)
Euclid - Pretty much Geometry itself
Herodotus - History as a scientific subject
Heraclitus - Various
Hippocrates - Western Medicine
Homer - Western Poetry
Nanopoulos, Dimitri - Various
Phidias - Father of western architecture
Praxiteles - Father of sculpture
Plethon, Georgius Gemistos - One of the first pioneers in Renaissance
Pythagoras - Pythagorean Theorem/Various in mathematics
Solon - Western Law
Thales of Miletus - Various
Thucydides - Political History
Vangelis - Most forms of Electronica Music

Last but not least, Hypatia, the greatest female astronomer, mathematician and philosopher to this day. If you guys want to watch a good PRO WHITE movie, then watch the movie named "Agora"....................It OPENLY shows how Judaism, Zionism and even Christianity has always been ANTI-WHITE.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186830/

Watch this movie and you won't regret it, definitely an eyeopener movie.

Anak

Mentor
All y'all have done here is just post lists of evil, rayciss white guys! :wink: Where is da luv for da bruvas?? In my sense of fairness, here are some inventions by blacks, who at the time (mostly), were unable to show their superior affleticism in the arena of sports:

1. Elijah McCoy (1843–1929) invented an oil-dripping cup for trains. (The "real McCoy")
2. Lewis Latimer (1848–1928) invented an important part of the light bulb — the carbon filament.
3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jan Ernst Matzeliger (1852–1889) invented a shoemaking machine that increased shoemaking speed by 900%!
4. Granville T. Woods (1856–1910) invented a train-to-station communication system.
5. George Washington Carver (1860–1943) developed peanut butter and 400 plant products!
6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madam C. J. Walker (1867–1919) invented a hair-growing lotion.
8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Otis Boykin (1920–1982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker.
9. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949–) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see.
10. Lonnie G. Johnson (1949–) invented the world-famous watergun, the Supersoaker.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Nay sir, all myths (except the supersoaker, but that's not really an "invention"). http://tightrope.cc/Black-Invention-Myths.htm

Had to link that website because the original. more extensive Brinkster page was apparently banned.

white is right

Hall of Famer

3. Jan Ernst Matzeliger (1852–1889) invented a shoemaking machine that increased shoemaking speed by 900%!
6. Madam C. J. Walker (1867–1919) invented a hair-growing lotion.
8. Otis Boykin (1920–1982) invented the electronic control devices for guided missiles, IBM computers, and the pacemaker.
9. Dr. Patricia. E. Bath (1949–) invented a method of eye surgery that has helped many blind people to see.
Notice when most of these inventors were born. They were born during slavery or shortly after. Reconstruction was probably the most productive time period for Black American society. These days only crack, the crack pipe and I guess the Super Soaker have been invented by Blacks....

Truthteller

Mentor
Notice when most of these inventors were born. They were born during slavery or shortly after. Reconstruction was probably the most productive time period for Black American society. These days only crack, the crack pipe and I guess the Super Soaker have been invented by Blacks....

Not true, back in the early 90's an African-American male, Terry Smith, created the wildly popular logo for the San Jose Sharks:

logo-launch-presser-home.jpg

white is right

Hall of Famer
Not true, back in the early 90's an African-American male, Terry Smith, created the wildly popular logo for the San Jose Sharks:

logo-launch-presser-home.jpg
Touche! But I would put a corporate logo below even the ballpoint pen. I also wonder if the modern decal was chosen to be hip with the urban crowd. Also a sad biproduct of this and the Kings decal of the Gretzky era is that inner city gangs started sporting these colours and killed while wearing them....

werewolf

Hall of Famer

Prior to integration being forced upon us in the 1960's Negroes were the most rapidly advancing segment of American society, and there was very little hatred between the races, tv and Hollywood depicting them as friendly and lovable, as in "Amos 'n Andy", Jack Benny's servant Rochester, etc etc., and there was no question about the hierarchy of the races.

While the average Negro IQ is 15-20% lower than that of the higher races there is an overlap that confuses the issue, and there have been authentic Negro geniuses, like George Washington Carver mentioned above.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Prior to integration being forced upon us in the 1960's Negroes were the most rapidly advancing segment of American society, and there was very little hatred between the races, tv and Hollywood depicting them as friendly and lovable, as in "Amos 'n Andy", Jack Benny's servant Rochester, etc etc., and there was no question about the hierarchy of the races.

While the average Negro IQ is 15-20% lower than that of the higher races there is an overlap that confuses the issue, and there have been authentic Negro geniuses, like George Washington Carver mentioned above.

Carver was part white i believe!

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'll add the name of Sir Isaac Newton. A true genius and the man who supplied the knowledge needed for so many to invent after him. But here's a maxim of his that should be memorized by each and every one of us because it relates to us and everything else in this world. All Ironworkers know this, whether they know the actual maxim or not. Equal and opposite reaction is very big in our trade.

"For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction."

BINGO!

Use that on some of the people you talk to.

Tom Iron...

Truthteller

Mentor
Touche! But I would put a corporate logo below even the ballpoint pen. I also wonder if the modern decal was chosen to be hip with the urban crowd. Also a sad byproduct of this and the Kings decal of the Gretzky era is that inner city gangs started sporting these colors and killed while wearing them....

Yes, I really disliked those black uni's the Kings sported. The popularity that the Kings apparel had with gangs was well documented in the 1990's. I guess in a attempt to increase sales via gangs, the Chicago White Sox soon followed with all black uniforms. And many more sports teams eventually added black in their alternate uni's (i.e the Mets). Here's my thing: As long as these gang members are shooting at each other (and not civilians), it's all cool.

Tom Iron said:
Thruthteller, C'mon, that's an "invention?"

You are correct, Tom. It was a creation, instead of an invention. Here's the thing: I've wanted to mention that the Sharks logo was created by a brother for a while...this is probably the closest thread I could place it in, so I did stray from the topic a bit.

whiteathlete33 said:
Carver was part white i believe!

This is a bit off topic, but a few years ago a local sports channel ran re-runs of the White Shadow, a TV show from the early 1980's. It revolved around a white, ex-NBA player coaching basketball at a fictional, urban Los Angeles school, Carver High ...Anyway, during games, they'd have pretty much an all hood-rat cheerleading squad rooting them on, and their mascot was some small black (nerdy) student that would dress up as a peanut.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Of course, you all know that I put the list of black "inventors" up to stir the pot. A cursory google search didn't dig up much else, which goes to show the dearth of creativity of them as a people. For further amusement, you can take a look at "african-americaninventors.org" to see what they try to present as "inventions". Things like Wallace "Wally" Amos Jr., "inventor" of the Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie! Oh, and the opening screen on the front-page slideshow reads "There are literally thousands of black inventer Here are a few of the important ones"..........

Zeus

Guru
An incredibly marvelous thread where the great contributor Dixie, gave the chance to everyone in this site to mention as many white inventors as possible (not too hard, if you think how 99,9% of the greatest inventors are white) most members picked to focus on blacks (again) and some even posted photos of black "inventors" and their INCREDIBLY insignificant contributions to the mankind, instead of focusing on all the great things our people contribute.................Sad, no joke!

An incredibly marvelous thread where the great contributor Dixie, gave the chance to everyone in this site to mention as many white inventors as possible (not too hard, if you think how 99,9% of the greatest inventors are white) most members picked to focus on blacks (again) and some even posted photos of black "inventors" and their INCREDIBLY insignificant contributions to the mankind, instead of focusing on all the great things our people contribute.................Sad, no joke!

I think the topic is probably too broad. White inventions include literally everything around us, as evidenced by the fact that I type this on a QWERTY keyboard, invented by Christopher Latham Sholes, on a computer that is the result of the innovations of thousands of white engineers. I'm also sitting in a chair. I don't know who invented the chair, but I have never seen such an item in the remaining Stone/Iron Age cultures of Sub-Saharan Africa. They have barely managed to create the concept of indoors, much less anything else. While white inventions are all around, the claims of black inventions are so absurd that they draw more attention.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Of course, you all know that I put the list of black "inventors" up to stir the pot. A cursory google search didn't dig up much else, which goes to show the dearth of creativity of them as a people. For further amusement, you can take a look at "african-americaninventors.org" to see what they try to present as "inventions". Things like Wallace "Wally" Amos Jr., "inventor" of the Famous Amos chocolate chip cookie! Oh, and the opening screen on the front-page slideshow reads "There are literally thousands of black inventer Here are a few of the important ones"..........
Some of these "inventors" are a joke at best. How does somebody get credit as an inventor when he creates "Negro History Week".....:icon_mrgreen::huh: I give the crack pipe inventor more credit plus he only had the prototype as now it's evolved to Black History Month....:icon_mrgreen::thumbdown: