Google Search Engine

Alpha Male

Mentor
I googled "white athlete" and "white runningback" hoping to find links to Castefootball in the first 4-5 pages, but nothing came up. Don, and this may be out of your hands, but is their any way to make this site manifest in the beginning pages of searches for such topcis?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm doing a few searches right now, and "white running back" (in quotes) brings up CF 9th. I just googled "white wide receiver" (without quotes) and we came up 3rd. "White wide receivers" (without quotes) came up 4th. "White tailbacks" (in quotes) brings us up first. "White cornerbacks" (in quotes) brings us up first. So does "white cornerbacks" without quotes.

"Caste Football" in quotes brings up 17,200 results. "Caste Football" without quotes brings up 644,000!Edited by: Don Wassall

White Mike

Guru
Alpha Male said:
I googled "white athlete" and "white runningback" hoping to find links to Castefootball in the first 4-5 pages, but nothing came up. Don, and this may be out of your hands, but is their any way to make this site manifest in the beginning pages of searches for such topcis?

I googled "white running back" about two months ago and discovered this site.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you click on the "Active Users" link at the bottom of the board's main page, it usually shows several search engines crawling the site at any given time.

I know from looking at the traffic data that a lot of people come to this site through searches, including searches of individual namesand image searches. For well-known individual athletes, CF is way down the list of results, but not for more obscure athletes, or guys that have been inactive for a while.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Okay awesome!!! I didn't use quotes in my searches but I don't think it matters. The more exposure the better!!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think quotes are especially helpful in finding CF material because the word "white" is such a commonly used word, and also a common last name.

White Mike

Guru
Everyone should type out the full names instead just initials. This could help increase the hits for the site.