Global warming

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Dual headlines today: "Global warming protests begin Saturday" and "Northeast prepares for major snow storm." I heard some of the global warming protests were canceled--it was too cold!
smiley36.gif
Gotta love the tree huggers getting screwed on this one. I don't pretend to know the real story on the climate but I do know that giving the government a blank check to fight it is a bad idea.

Andy Van Slyke (Tigers base coach) said it was so cold in Detroit on opening day that they should of made Al Gore throw out the first pitch!
smiley36.gif
I'm surprised he didn't get any criticism for the remark. But it was the funniest thing I heard in a while.

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Andy Van Slyke (Tigers base coach) said it was so cold in Detroit on opening day that they should of made Al Gore throw out the first pitch!

The other day The Drudge Report posted a link to a story about Gore and his personal energy consumtion. His main home is anenergy hog costing big Al almost 30 K per year to keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter. He is a huge air polluter traipsing across the globe in enormous jets that spew out carbon emissions at staggering rates. Barbara Streisand is another green elitist. She wants us all to cut consumption, live in smaller housing units, and recycle everything imaginable. She lives in a hillside home overlooking the ocean that is so huge it could shelter half the population of Haiti.

John Travolta is lecturing us too.

[url]http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23390848-detai ls/Air+miles+Travolta+urges+fans+to+'do+their+bit'+for+the+e nvironment/article.do[/url]

With five private jets, Travolta still lectures on global warming

His serious aviation habit means he is hardly the best person to lecture others on the environment. But John Travolta went ahead and did it anyway.

The 53-year-old actor, a passionate pilot, encouraged his fans to "do their bit" to tackle global warming.

travoltapilotREX_468x502.jpg

Happy landings: John Travolta's plane collection parked at his home in Florida

But although he readily admitted: "I fly jets", he failed to mention he actually owns five, along with his own private runway.

Clocking up at least 30,000 flying miles in the past 12 months means he has produced an estimated 800 tons of carbon emissions - nearly 100 times the average Briton's tally.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Despite political agendas, environmental issues should be taken to the forefront. There is no reason to pollute our planet. I thought conservatives would be the ones trying to preserve our planet and wildlife. Lately I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on the right cares about wildlife or the environment. What is the point of conserving our traditions and values if there is no world left? Yeah, global warming could be bullsh*t, but its not a risk I'm willing to make. We can't get back extinct plant and animal species. These species could have been cures for future human illnesses.

Freedom

Mentor
Conservatives don't really want to conserve. Our natural resources are being wasted and used up. "Global Warming" isn't really global, only the Arctic and the Antarctic have experienced rapid increases in temperature. But weather is getting more extreme and climates are changing everywhere else. I think seasons will start to merge.

We're using up resources and industries. The #1 reason is because we're encouraging people in third world countries like Mexico to have lots of kids. If we work on sterilizing people that can't support children, in poorer nations, the climate will be better.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think the problem 'conservatives' have with the greenies is that the only people the greenies want to control are the conservatives. Al Gore, et al want the little man to pocket the expense of doing battle with global warming, to curtail their driving, use smaller vehicles, use less energy, and so on, while they yet fly around in jets and ride in limos and burn fuel at 100x the rate of your average citizen.

Nor do we ask any of the Turd World countries to shape up while we undergo massive reductions in consumption and use. Many of these countries are given 'exemptions' for pollution output, carbon emissions, and so forth, while the good old USA is told to clamp down and turn out the lights.

Kaptain

Master
As usual a serious topic turns into a political Republican v. Democrat poop throwing match. Global Warming exists and is caused by air pollution. Common sense tells me that you can't continually pollute the planet and expect that everything will remain the same.

I don't care how much energy Al Gore uses. Pollution combined with world overpopulation is destroying our natural environment. Beware if your agruement against Global Warming awareness sounds a lot like Sean Hannity's.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
Conservatives don't really want to conserve. Our natural resources are being wasted and used up. "Global Warming" isn't really global, only the Arctic and the Antarctic have experienced rapid increases in temperature. But weather is getting more extreme and climates are changing everywhere else. I think seasons will start to merge.

We're using up resources and industries. The #1 reason is because we're encouraging people in third world countries like Mexico to have lots of kids. If we work on sterilizing people that can't support children, in poorer nations, the climate will be better.

Freedom, the Globalist Elite want that growing Mexican population (of low/no skilled workers & criminals) to invade our borders so the American middle class can be completely eliminated & the NAU can more quickly be implemented. BTW, population control & reduction (Neo-Malthusianism) is embraced by the Globalist Elite (ie - the Club of Rome). It's part of their overall Globalist agenda. Research the facts and learn the truth (not NeoCON/Globalist propaganda)!

www.infowars.com

www.jbs.orgEdited by: DixieDestroyer