Ghost Rider: Save your $$$

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I went to see Ghost Rider today. Save your money. Not only was the acting bad, the script cheesy as hell and the plot full of gaping holes, there was also an overt, out of place, shameless plug for the goodness of black people and the evil of whites that had nothing to do with the plot.

In Ghost Rider form, Johnny Blaze has the ability to see the guilt or innocence of a person and uses their guilt against them as a weapon. He only becomes Ghost Rider in the presence of evil.

In one scene, Blaze is arrested in human form on suspicion of murder. He is taken to a cell filled with criminals. You guessed it - all white except for one skinny black teenager. There are about eight burly white men in the cell, all having the appearance of bikers and rednecks, who immediately set upon Johnny Blaze because he is a big shot, and one guy says he wasted money on one of Blaze's stunt shows because Blaze didn't crash and burn. So they knock Blaze to the ground and start stomping and kicking him, while the black kid looks on in anguish. Finally, the black kid jumps up and yells "Leave him alone!" just at the moment that Blaze transforms into Ghost Rider - he is in the presence of evil, after all - and destroys all the white men in the cell, leaving only the black kid crouching in the corner.

Ghost Rider turns to the black kid, points his finger and says in his hellish voice, "You: Innnoocceeeent," then turns and melts the bars of the cell and walks out.

There was not a single black or Hispanic bad guy in the jail. But then again, this is fiction, right?
smiley5.gif

smiley7.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley19.gif

Damn Shogun. From the sound of that, it sounds like a caste-movie-nightmare. Thanks for the heads up, now I know not to throw my money in the crapper by paying to see this abomination. Now, here's Kyle Brownnose and Sheila Vapid-Breathless presenting the award for this year's "Sorry Excuse for a Movie".

Kyle:Drumroll please.....and the award goes to.....Ghost Rider! Accepting the award for this outstanding example of bashing Whitey, is nonne other than Ghost Rider star Nicholas Cage. Come on down Nick, and recieve your award for your contribution to the demonization of the White race.

Sheila:Indeed Kyle. Mr. Cage has worked so hard in this movie, by yet again, embarrassing and demonizing White people everywhere. Bravo!!

Roundabout

Man, that makes me roll my eyes and groan. I wonder if it registered with any other white person in thetheater besides you,White Shogun. It's a fantasy superhero movie, so far removed from the socio-political realm, yet they still have to push their agenda.

I guess since relatively so few films are produced by each studio every year due to ever rising costs, they have to go for every opportunity they can to insert their propaganda. Even if it is little things here and there that are very subtle. Theyaren't always as obnoxiously and blatantly offensive as Remember the Titans or Save the Last Dance. But I see them getting only more brazen as time goes on, it does seem to get worse every year, what passes for entertainment.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yes prisons full of white people and large ghetto's inhabited almost entirely by whites. Hollywierd fantasy. I guess that's what the film industry jews want to see so they control the movie making process and there it is.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I have become notorious at work and among my friends for pointing out these atypical white and black stereotypes in sports and media.

However, the majority of those with whom I have these conversations are Hispanic. Not too many were paying attention to what I had to say until I asked them when was the last time they saw a Latino play the role of God in a movie? Or the President of the United States? How many Hispanic judges, lawyers, doctors and surgeons do you see on television or cinema compared to blacks? Latinos are the largest minority population in the United States yet comprise less than 1/3 the roles blacks do in the entertainment industry. Needless to say, that was an eye opener for some of them.

This is getting so bad I'm beginning to feel like the GEICO caveman.
smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

I see that Ghost Rider has an "hispanic" as the female lead.

Hollywood. A lot of it isn't about profit at all. It's politics. They know they'll make the money somewhere, so the tribe continues its unrelenting program of hate that sprouts straight from their own jealousy and greed.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hollywood. How can you expect anything good to come out of a place where they bugger each other all day whilst stoned on coke? It's a miracle they can even finish a picture. Watching that crap is like self torture. I would recommend reading a good book from a hundred years ago written by white guy. (or posting on castefootball.us)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel Callan said:
I see that Ghost Rider has an "hispanic" as the female lead.

Which reminds me - in a scene from Blaze's youth, Eva Mendes' character and Johnny are under a tree in a field full of flowers. There, after Johnny has just carved J+R Forever into the bark of the old tree, Eva breaks the news: Her father thinks she is too good for Johnny, and is sending her away to live with her mother.

EDIT: In case it wasn't evident, the Hispanic girl's father told her she was too good for White Gringo Boy Johnny Blaze. Edited by: White Shogun

Oh well, even the comic books themselves have gone down the toilet, with homo superheroes like "The Midnighter", women beating the crap out of men, white guys who can't tie a frickin' knot, holier than thou negroes... just like the movies.

jaxvid said:
Yes prisons full of white people and large ghetto's inhabited almost entirely by whites. Hollywierd fantasy.

Yeah, they did the same thing in the movie "The Crow" with Brandon Lee. It supposodly took place in Detroit of all places, and all but one or two of the thugs were White. And I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, Detroit must have a seething White underworld that, for some reason, no one seems to know about."
smiley36.gif
Give me a break.

hedgehog

Mentor
Did you know blacks make up 35% of the movie population. That is why everytime a "black" movie comes out, it will be the #1 movie opening week. 35% of the population all going to the same movie.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I just saw the movie and really liked it (sorry Shogun). I originally objected to going but it was either that or Bridge to Taribithia, and well let's get serious, I would rather have a root canal then be subjected to that tear jerker.

Anyway my objection was mainly based on bad reviews and White Shoguns critique, which shows the awesome power of castfootballs abilty to effect the spending habits of Americans (me anyway).

However faced with no other reasonable options I prepared for the worst. But other then the one ridiculous scene of a jail full of white "thugs" and one nice black kid, which is so over the top unreal that even the brain dead must have thought: WTF, I enjoyed it.

It had some stunning special effects, it was filled with some of the most bad-ass motorcycles that West Coast Choppers can turn out, and had a total of 1 black person in it, the bit part of the kid in the jail.

The lead female is Cuban, which means she is really white but with a great all over tan. Nick Cage is pretty buff but a bit miscast. First of all the kid that played his chararcter as a youngster did not look a lot like him. What did the devil do? Put a curse on the kid's nose, because Cage has a huge honker.

Also Cage is romancing the girl as a fellow teenager but when they grow up he is clearly a lot older. In real life he is 10 years older then Eva Mendes, and in the movie it looks like at least 15, as she looks good and he looks a bit burned out.

Cage is, or at least was, bald and his hairpiece or transplant or whatever makes him look, not like a superhero, but to me he had a strong resemblence to Gilligan.

Minor quibbles though. I thought it was entertaining, and my kid really liked it. As he said afterwards "8 thumbs up".

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What did you think of the acting, jax? The only one that I thought did a halfway decent job is Eva Mendes. Peter Fonda as the devil was the worst of them all, he had no flair, no character, he was completely stiff and wooden.

Cage's character came across as too much like a boob or dumb hick to be the Johnny Blaze / Ghost Rider I remember from the comic books. I mean, he yells "Yaahooooo!" when he ropes a helicopter with his flaming chain! Come on, man! BOOO! HISS! LOL

I like the throwback look of Blaze's motorcycle, but the Ghost Rider motorcycle was a littler over the top.

Anyway, I'm glad you don't feel that you wasted your money, no matter what I said about the movie!
smiley20.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Yeah the acting was bad, Cage especially but I've always felt he was only in movies because of his family. For me it was all about the special effects and the bikes.

I never read the Ghost Rider comics so I had nothing to judge against. I always expect superhero movies based on comics to be horrible, especially ones I remember well.

Like I mentioned I thought Cage was more like Gilligan then a hero and since I don't know the chararcter it didn't disappoint me because I didn't have any expectations. If Johnny Blaze is supposed to have anything on the ball then they really blew it with the movie chararcter because you are right, Cage plays the role as a dumb hick.

I am usually disappointed with the movie portrayals of comic book chararcters, they always seem to get it wrong. I felt that way about Superman and Spiderman. Although the movies were good on other levels.

I think I was in the mood for some mindless entertainment and the movie fit the bill.

texasheat

I looked at the jail sequence as the way to get their token black in. Like Jaxvid said, everyone else was white in the movie, expect for that 10 seconds of screen time for the kid. Dumb? Yes. Central to the plot? No.

The movie was decent as far as comic book movies go. Definietly no Batman Begins or Spiderman but not Elektra either. My beef was they needed to tighten up the plot some. EX: I thought Blackheart's powers weren't supposed to work in a church because it was holy. Oops ... they forgot about that. I would add more but I don't feel like doing the full "Ebert & Roeper" movie review right now.

cutty

Guru
I got dragged to this movie by my girlfriend. I'm not the comic book or science fiction fan base. IthoughtI read somewhere that it's a waste of money but I couldn't remember for sure. Then the scene in the jail took place where he called the little black boy "innocent." Then i remembered I read that here. Damn too late.

foreverfree

Mentor
I don't go to movies habitually (never have), so I don't have a dog in this particular fight, other than reading the reviews on this forum.
smiley4.gif
The last flick I paid to see was The Passion of the Christ in 2004, several months before discovering CF.

JohnEdited by: foreverfree

ironfist

Guru
Why any of you guys give your money to the Hollywood leftist anti-white scum is beyond me.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ironfist said:
Why any of you guys give your money to the Hollywood leftist anti-white scum is beyond me.

I didn't give it to them. I traded it. Six bucks for a couple of hours of mindless amusement. I've spent more for less, so all in all not a bad deal.

I'd like to completely shut out the Hollywood leftist scum but that would mean living in a cave out in the desert. Not an option for me right now.
smiley2.gif
In the mean time I'll do some trading with them while I plot behind the scenes.
smiley15.gif