GGG vs Bernard Hopkins

After losing to Kovalev, Bernard Hopkins has said he'll have 1 more fight at middleweight before retiring.

This fight has not yet been signed but Hopkins has in the past said he'd love to fight GGG and in the media he stated he "wants to fight the best" (to me I'd assume that's GGG).

So at this point it's unconfirmed but there's a good possibility this fight will happen Spring of 2015.

Comments/Thoughts/Predictions?

Westside

Hall of Famer
After losing to Kovalev, Bernard Hopkins has said he'll have 1 more fight at middleweight before retiring.

This fight has not yet been signed but Hopkins has in the past said he'd love to fight GGG and in the media he stated he "wants to fight the best" (to me I'd assume that's GGG).

So at this point it's unconfirmed but there's a good possibility this fight will happen Spring of 2015.

Comments/Thoughts/Predictions?
If this fight happens which I really doubt, GGG better insist on 160 lbs not some catch weight that will favor Hopkins. To me its a lose, lose situation. The only thing GGG gets out of it will be a large purse and he better insist on the the larger one. Hopkins should venture up to Canada and beat that retarded fraud Stevenson.

a5308860

Banned
Hopkins should retire. He couldn't even win a single round against Kovalev and probably wouldn't against GGG. Good for him to get a $1M pay day at age 50 and survive 12 against Kovalev but he didn't show that he can be competitive anymore. Just looking for pay days at this point and overstaying his welcome.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
What are you guys talking about? Where does it say anything about that "I'll never let a white boy beat me" punching bag wanting to fight GGG? That's ridiculous. They're not even in the same weight class. You might as well say he wants to fight Wladimir.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Hopkins says he'll move down in weight to fight a titleholder.

GGG is one possibility, but he's scheduled for Monaco in February. Froch is another and he's available.

Abraham has the WBO belt at 168, he'd be an easier fight for B-Hop than either Froch or GGG.

Then there's Jermain Taylor, the easiest titleholder of all.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Hopkins says he'll move down in weight to fight a titleholder...

So the bum thinks he's automatically entitled to jump to the front of the line and get the big money title fights wherever he goes?

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Hopkins says he'll move down in weight to fight a titleholder.

GGG is one possibility, but he's scheduled for Monaco in February. Froch is another and he's available.

Abraham has the WBO belt at 168, he'd be an easier fight for B-Hop than either Froch or GGG.

Then there's Jermain Taylor, the easiest titleholder of all.
If Hopkins wants another big pay day and have a shot at winning he needs to fight a low volume brawler type. Abraham is probably the best bet but he isn't a big draw in America and does Abraham need Hopkins in Germany? GGG in America could be a big draw but it would probably be at a catch weight and Hopkins would get beaten badly the question would be if he could go the distance. The beating could be similar to Holmes vs Ali but GGG not easing off....