Gerry Cooney and Tyson Fury

werewolf

Hall of Famer
BE7H4D5CIAAq8nD.jpg:large

Time goes by.

Last edited:
Lol, awesome pic.

Tyson Fury is one of my favourite boxers and I'm a huge supporter of him. On this site, even before David Price lost, I mentioned many times that I preferred Fury over Price, the reason I said that is because Fury has always appeared more confident and just more of a fighter "mentality" to me. I also like how Fury is super c0cky and confident in the ring! In his last fight, where he beat Negro Kevin Johnson, Fury was showboating and parading in the ring during the fight and it was awesome!

Fury is also always using twitter to insult other fighters and I have to admit I find his posts hilarious and awesome lol. In the past he has insulted David Price, Kevin Johnson, Tony Thompson etc and I always find his comments hilarious. Fury is easily the most c0cky guy in boxing right now! He's awesome lol. Part of boxing is entertainment and hyping a fight up, and Fury is excellent at that.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lol, awesome pic.

Tyson Fury is one of my favourite boxers and I'm a huge supporter of him. On this site, even before David Price lost, I mentioned many times that I preferred Fury over Price, the reason I said that is because Fury has always appeared more confident and just more of a fighter "mentality" to me. I also like how Fury is super c0cky and confident in the ring! In his last fight, where he beat Negro Kevin Johnson, Fury was showboating and parading in the ring during the fight and it was awesome!

Fury is also always using twitter to insult other fighters and I have to admit I find his posts hilarious and awesome lol. In the past he has insulted David Price, Kevin Johnson, Tony Thompson etc and I always find his comments hilarious. Fury is easily the most c0cky guy in boxing right now! He's awesome lol. Part of boxing is entertainment and hyping a fight up, and Fury is excellent at that.
BS2, there is a pretty funny interview of Fury at Boxrec.com right now. Yeah, he has major personality, much like Froch, both exude uber confidence. Both understand that its a major part of hyping a fight as long as you can back it up in the ring. Both have demonstrated they can.

Look forward to his next fight against Cunningham.

amoeba man

Guru
Lol, awesome pic.

Alot of people dont like him.He gets alot of abuse on twitter.But the trash he talks is mainly reserved for other fighters.In interviews he comes across as a genuinley nice guy as opposed to Mayweather who's just arrogant all round.He has a tough fight coming up against experienced Cunningham who [unfortunately]i thought beat Adamek last time out.Fighting in the US wont make it any easier either.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Alot of people dont like him.He gets alot of abuse on twitter.But the trash he talks is mainly reserved for other fighters.In interviews he comes across as a genuinley nice guy as opposed to Mayweather who's just arrogant all round.He has a tough fight coming up against experienced Cunningham who [unfortunately]i thought beat Adamek last time out.Fighting in the US wont make it any easier either.
I thought Adamek won 115-113.

One thing we know, the BJ (Benjamin) Flores will be rooting against the white guy and trying to convince the audience Cunningham is winning, even if he's not.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I am still so sad that Cooney didn't become heavyweight champ. He could of and he should of, but he was mismanaged. Here he is in May 1981 vs. Ken Norton, his last fight before fighting Larry Holmes for the heavyweight championship in June 1982:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhsraJ4u8A

Last edited: