Geno Auriemma

foobar75

Master
I wasn't sure which forum to post this, and it's a fairly general topic, so I'll do it here.

I don't follow women's basketball at all, but I came across this statement from the UConn coach. Major kudos to him for saying this. I wish more coaches and prominent sports figures would have to guts to come out and re-enforce this, so we can start to debunk the false myth of black supremacy in certain sports.

Connecticut Coach Geno Auriemma offered a disclaimer before his team's practice session Saturday. Then he offered his opinion on why some may view Stanford, Connecticut's Final Four opponent Sunday, as soft.

"I know this is going to get played out the wrong way," said Auriemma, who was named the Associated Press women's coach of the year for guiding Connecticut to a 37-0 record. "But I'm going to say it anyway. And I know I'm going to get criticized for this.

"White kids are always looked upon as being soft. So Stanford's got a tremendous amount of really good players who for whatever reason, because they don't look like Tina Charles or Maya Moore, the perception out there is going to be, well, they must be soft.

"Well, I think that's a bunch of bull. I watched them play and nobody goes harder to the boards. Nobody takes more charges. Nobody runs the floor as hard. Those kids are as tough as any of the kids in the country. But people on the sports world like to make judgments on people by how they look. And it's grossly unfair."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Good stuff. I see this guy isn't a brainwashed moron like many coaches of today. Why are whites always thought of as soft?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The media works non-stop to promote the perception of whites as soft. Just look at the array of super soft-looking and non-athletic actors who portray white "men" in most commercials. That's just one factor out of countless ways psychological warfareis waged against whites 24/7. The powers that be decided a long time ago that whites need to be phased out in America, much like in Brazil and other countries that have a "white" elite and multi-hued masses, and their agenda is anything but subtle for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Having idiots like Al Yankovic who make songs such as "White and Nerdy" doesn't help. That song and music video embarrass the whole white race and it was made by a white.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Way to go Geno. The one player for Stanford(blonde girl/can't recall the name) had 46 points in the last game. Stanford is a joy to watch.