General Strike 9/11/07

C Darwin

Mentor
General Strike 9/11/07

Tuesday, August 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM PDT
Contributed by: Anonymous
Views: 974
Breaking News

September 11 is a day of mourning and reflection, but it should also be a day of dissent and action.

Since the tragic events of 9/11/01, America has fallen under a spell of fear and deception. The government peddles lies and steadily chips away at our democratic rights. Hundreds of thousands have been killed in the Iraq warâ€â€￾mostly civilians. Torture, surveillance, tyranny, empire. Many of us can recognize the fascistic direction of this government. But what do we do?

Why strike? Why on 9/11?

September 11 is a day of mourning and reflection, but it should also be a day of dissent and action.

Since the tragic events of 9/11/01, America has fallen under a spell of fear and deception. The government peddles lies and steadily chips away at our democratic rights. Hundreds of thousands have been killed in the Iraq warâ€â€￾mostly civilians. Torture, surveillance, tyranny, empire. Many of us can recognize the fascistic direction of this government. But what do we do?

The time has come to let go of our fearâ€â€￾to stand up to lies and tyranny with passion and urgency. To connect with others and show our collective power. It's time to realize that we've got nothing to lose. The time is now.

The General Strike is a national call to action, from citizens to other citizens. It is not about a single issue. It is not an anti-war protest, a civil rights protest, an election fraud protest. It is not about torture, surveillance, corporate media, the 9/11 coverup, or the environment. This strike is about all these issues and more.

We all have different concerns, but we all have the same concern: we are being lied to and this government does not represent us. Join other Americans in demanding truth, justice, and accountability.

This our country.
And our world.
We just have to stand up.

A National Call to Action: Tuesday, September 11th, 2007
No school. No work. Buy nothing. Stay home or hit the streets.
No business as usual.

http://www.strike911.org/

Menelik

Mentor
I think that the people are waking up and realizing that our government isn't as honest as it claims to be. I have no faith in the upcoming elections though; "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

PitBull

Guru
Count me in. I may have to spend a little bit of money on that day, but I'll
minimize it.