Franz Botha, "The White Buffalo", he keeps on ticking!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Botha Vs. Andrzej Wawrzyk tomorrow, March 15th, in Poland.

Polish interview. He refers to himself in the third person, as "The Buffalo"...is that a sign that he's becoming spacey and looking at himself from outside of his own body?

He's lost five in a row now, but two of those losses were highway robberies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHSrDO9c8Sg

Last edited:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Botha is a character. I recall reading an interview where he said - in all seriousness - that he was really undefeated. He said he had the flu when he lost to Wladimir, he only had one week to train when he lost to Lewis, the ref robbed him against Tyson and Moorer ...etc.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Thanks - as always - for the excellent stream, C. It looked like the Buffalo was manhandling the big tall Polish feller (it's easier to say that than his name) for the first two rounds...

Well, I think it might be time to hang up the old buffalo gloves and call it a day.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Botha is a character. I recall reading an interview where he said - in all seriousness - that he was really undefeated. He said he had the flu when he lost to Wladimir, he only had one week to train when he lost to Lewis, the ref robbed him against Tyson and Moorer ...etc.
Botha always had boxing ability and was underrated because of his roly poly build. His problem in his prime was stamina(which is strange for a White fighter). I recall him hitting the wall late against Shulz and holding on for dear life. He also hit the wall and was ko'd by Tyson. The only time he came on strong late was against roid head Shannon Briggs and he was robbed of a win. Now his stamina issues are compounded by age and excessive weight. Also from the interviews I have seen he sounds like he might be slightly slurring his words. 25K purses at his age are a form of gambling with one's health. I think the only reason why he is still fighting is because those purses go much further in South Africa where police officers make the equivalent of a welfare cheque in a Western country.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"I think the only reason why he is still fighting is because those purses go much further in South Africa where police officers make the equivalent of a welfare cheque in a Western country."

Botha lives in southern Cal now.

Speaking of S.A. policemen - I applied for that job once, when S.A was still a white ruled nation. I didn't know how lucky I was when they told me that they are only accepting applicants from the British Commonwealth. I still have the rejection letter - from a Lieutenant Jacobs.

white is right

Hall of Famer
"I think the only reason why he is still fighting is because those purses go much further in South Africa where police officers make the equivalent of a welfare cheque in a Western country."

Botha lives in southern Cal now.

Speaking of S.A. policemen - I applied for that job once, when S.A was still a white ruled nation. I didn't know how lucky I was when they told me that they are only accepting applicants from the British Commonwealth. I still have the rejection letter - from a Lieutenant Jacobs.
Worse than I thought he is heading towards James Toneyville. Maybe the two of them can have a retirement match. Ps if they hired you, you could have been part of the Keystone cops who are doing the Pistorius case. Contamination of the evidence and robbery of the suspects valuables are standards of the South African patrol man......:thumbdown:

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Worse than I thought he is heading towards James Toneyville. Maybe the two of them can have a retirement match. Ps if they hired you, you could have been part of the Keystone cops who are doing the Pistorius case. Contamination of the evidence and robbery of the suspects valuables are standards of the South African patrol man......:thumbdown:
Good one, WIR, LOL

werewolf

Hall of Famer
"if they hired you, you could have been part of the Keystone cops"

Yep, that's me. I'm the guy who falls off the back of the truck on the way to the scene of the crime!

No comment:

[h=1]Frans Botha to headline May 1 UAE card[/h] [FONT=Arial Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT] Last December, Edward Mendy’s Lion Heart Boxing promoted the first-ever live professional boxing event in Abu Dhabi history. Mendy will now return to the United Arab Emirates with a May 1 card taking place in Dubai. The event, billed as “May Day Mayhem,â€￾ will feature former heavyweight contender Frans Botha (48-11-3, 29 KOs) and take place at the Emirates Golf Club’s “The Lawnsâ€￾ venue. The 45-year-old “White Buffaloâ€￾ will be looking to snap a six fight losing streak against an opponent to be named.