Frans Botha stops Flo Simba

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Old pot-bellied Frans Botha TKOed young Flo Simba today.
smiley4.gif

Here an article about black hope Flo Simba: Flo Simba ready for Frans Botha

And here is a report on today's fight: Frans Botha shocks Flo Simba

white is right

Hall of Famer
Botha can still fight at the club fighter level. Just a year or so ago he was beating Timo Hoffman and fighters of that caliber. He just can't beat the elite of the division(never really could) or the near elite now.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Frans knocked this guy out because Simba has a neck in need of bridge work. I love the photo where Botha is saying boxing isn't bodybuilding....
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right

I know that some on this forum really don't like "conspiracy theories", but I have long believed Botha didn't fight with all of his capabilites against the top negros of the 90s.
After all he was a Don King fighter, and he was forever losing to King's black superheros.

BoxingFanUK

Great upset win for Botha.

Botha is a tough veteran, and its always nice to see a veteran expose overhyped prospects (as was clearly the case here).

lol, I can only imagine how even more decisive this fight would have been had Botha actually been in shape and younger or in his 30's. It would have been Botha KO 1.

As it stands, great upset win for Botha! Still a bit of gas in the tank :)

Westside

Hall of Famer
What is kinda of funny is that in Botha's entire career, black fighters and blacks fans love him and respect him. I remember his fight with Tyson, he was winning, but got caught with a big over hand right by Tyson. Tyson power was able to bail him out in a fight he was losing.

To bad he never really got into superior shape in his late 20s or early 30s. Also he never sought a good trainer. Wisha, coulda and shoulda.....

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
What is kinda of funny is that in Botha's entire career, black fighters and blacks fans love him and respect him. I remember his fight with Tyson, he was winning, but got caught with a big over hand right by Tyson. Tyson power was able to bail him out in a fight he was losing.

To bad he never really got into superior shape in his late 20s or early 30s. Also he never sought a good trainer. Wisha, coulda and shoulda.....

Tyson tried to break his arm in that fight.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Botha is a good big strong fighter, but I never thought he was a great one. The great one who should have been heavyweight champ was Corrie Sanders who beat Botha four times in the amateurs. The big names avoided CS at his peak, plus he was living in demonized South Africa when it was still really South Africa, another reason he didn't get the big name fights, and he wouldn't abandon his country to come to the USA as did Botha, and last but not least he really hated training and didn't really care that much about boxing. The great Wladimir Klitschko had the great misfortune to run into him one of the very few times in his life he wasn't injured and bothered to get himself into top condition.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
Botha is a good big strong fighter, but I never thought he was a great one. The great one who should have been heavyweight champ was Corrie Sanders who beat Botha four times in the amateurs. The big names avoided CS at his peak, plus he was living in demonized South Africa when it was still really South Africa, another reason he didn't get the big name fights, and he wouldn't abandon his country to come to the USA as did Botha, and last but not least he really hated training and didn't really care that much about boxing. The great Wladimir Klitschko had the great misfortune to run into him one of the very few times in his life he wasn't injured and bothered to get himself into top condition.

Not only that but Sanders fought decently against Vitali Klitschko. If Sanders was in top shape he may have given Vitali a run for his money in that fight. Sanders was a great athlete and ran a 11 second 100m as well.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
CS was missing Vitali with bombs by inches, and Vitali was beautiful to watch, totally peak Vitali, but I was shocked at the way CS came into that fight, the biggest fight of his life. I had grown suspicious when I saw him training with his baggy sweatshirt on. What the hell was he thinking? He trained very hard for Wlad, and he was using all sorts of experts and innovative training techniques, but just that once.

And then his final come back fight against Chief Bongo Bongo, whatever his name is (David Price just KO'd him in rd. 3), he was knocking him all over the place - until the chief tapped him in his belly and then he fell down. I'm sure he didn't do so much as one situp training for that fight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
werewolf said:
Botha is a good big strong fighter, but I never thought he was a great one.  The great one who should have been heavyweight champ was Corrie Sanders who beat Botha four times in the amateurs.  The big names avoided CS at his peak, plus he was living in demonized South Africa when it was still really South Africa, another reason he didn't get the big name fights, and he wouldn't abandon his country to come to the USA as did Botha, and last but not least he really hated training and didn't really care that much about boxing.   The great Wladimir Klitschko had the great misfortune to run into him one of the very few times in his life he wasn't injured and bothered to get himself into top condition.
Sanders is probably the biggest what if in recent times. I know when he ko'd Wlad he was forced to sit on his ass for about a year because of protracted negotiations with Roy Jones for a summer fight. Jones wanted that belt but ducked the more dangerous Sanders for the slower less dangerous Ruiz. When he fought Vitali he looked pear shaped and couldn't have had the same stamina as when he was much trimmer for Wlad. For what it's worth his last fight is on youtube and notice his build it's even more pear shaped. He looks like he needs to wear a Mansear or a Bro.....
smiley5.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gdb5crtLvg&feature=related

Westside

Hall of Famer
I was at that fight, approximately 8 rows back. I believe in the 2 or 3 rounds Corrie really rocked Vitali. Vitali was staggered, but Corrie being in poor condition could not go in for the kill. Vitali weathered the storm then commenced to put a serious beatdown on the scratch golfer with the ref saving him from further punishment.

I remember they had paintings of Vitali and Corrie in the lobby by that famous artists who paints boxers and athelets. I think he wanted 3K for the works. If I had more money then, I would have purchased it. Its probably worth 12 to 15K in Europe right now.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
I was at that fight, approximately 8 rows back. I believe in the 2 or 3 rounds Corrie really rocked Vitali. Vitali was staggered, but Corrie being in poor condition could not go in for the kill. Vitali weathered the storm then commenced to put a serious beatdown on the scratch golfer with the ref saving him from further punishment.

I remember they had paintings of Vitali and Corrie in the lobby by that famous artists who paints boxers and athelets. I think he wanted 3K for the works. If I had more money then, I would have purchased it. Its probably worth 12 to 15K in Europe right now.

I'm not 100 % sure of this, but I think Vitali has never been down in his pro career. There are some rumors he was knocked down in the amateurs but I don't know if they hold water.

BoxingFanUK

Corrie Sanders was a monstrous puncher in his day, particularly with that left hand. He also had very fast hands. Corrie did have chin issues himself, however, as well he was often unmotivated in top fights.

Corrie is an underachiever who had amazing power and handspeed, but his fragile chin and non-focus proved his downfall.

By the way, I think Prime Vitali absolutely batters and KOs Sanders. In fact I consider Sanders prime to be the Wlad Klitschko fight - Its certainly his best result of his career.

I dont think Corrie Sanders would ever seriously test Vitali is what Im saying.

Vitali beats Sanders all day, any day.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
If you look back at the punch stats of the Sanders-Klitschko fight, Vitali landed almost five times as many punches and over 4 times as many power punches. Vitali was mad about Wladimir's loss and that's when Vitali is at his absolute best.

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #aaaaaa 1px solid; : #f9f9f9; : right; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellPadding=3 border=1>
<T>
<TR style=": #e9e9e9">
<TH>Total Punches </TH>
<TH>Klitschko </TH>
<TH>Sanders </TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Landed </TD>
<TD>230 </TD>
<TD>51 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Thrown </TD>
<TD>413 </TD>
<TD>229 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Pct. </TD>
<TD>56% </TD>
<TD>22% </TD></TR>
<TR style=": #e9e9e9">
<TH>Power Punches </TH>
<TH>Klitschko </TH>
<TH>Sanders </TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Landed </TD>
<TD>171 </TD>
<TD>42 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Thrown </TD>
<TD>285 </TD>
<TD>139 </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Pct. </TD>
<TD>60% </TD>
<TD>30% </TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<H3>2004-04-24: Vitali Klitschko 245 lbs beat Corrie Sanders 235 lbs by TKO at 2:46 in round 8 of 12 </H3>
<UL>
<LI>Location: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
<LI>Referee: Jon Schorle
<LI>Judge: Marty Denkin
<LI>Judge: Daniel Van de Wiele
<LI>Judge: Alfred Buqwana</LI>[/list]
<UL>
<LI>World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
<LI>Time: 2:46
<LI>Weights: Klitschko 245 lbs, Sanders 235 lbs </LI>[/list]

<BR clear=all><A id=Comments name=Comments></A>
<H2>Comments </H2>

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
I love the photo where Botha is saying boxing isn't bodybuilding....
smiley2.gif

...Nor is MMA or a street fight (not a powerlifting competition either). Ya gotta have tenacity, a chin, technique & cardio.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
BoxingFanUK said:
Corrie Sanders was a monstrous puncher in his day, particularly with that left hand. He also had very fast hands. Corrie did have chin issues himself, however, as well he was often unmotivated in top fights.

Corrie is an underachiever who had amazing power and handspeed, but his fragile chin and non-focus proved his downfall.

By the way, I think Prime Vitali absolutely batters and KOs Sanders. In fact I consider Sanders prime to be the Wlad Klitschko fight - Its certainly his best result of his career.

I dont think Corrie Sanders would ever seriously test Vitali is what Im saying.

Vitali beats Sanders all day, any day.

I never saw a guy with a stronger chin than CS in his fight with Vitali. Vitali was hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink. And that was a prime Vitali.

The two guys I'm most disappointed in not having becoming heavyweight champ are Corrie Sanders and Gerry Cooney.

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, Corrie Sanders was a freak, a guy with so much natural talent, he didn't train or focus. I believe he would've defeated Lennox Lewis.

I rewatched his fight with Vitali not too long ago, and he was faster and out boxing Vitali. Of course Vitali is just too tough.

I also like what you say about 9/11. Everyone here should examine Building 7. That is the smoking gun.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
freedom1 said:
Yeah, Corrie Sanders was a freak, a guy with so much natural talent, he didn't train or focus. I believe he would've defeated Lennox Lewis.

I rewatched his fight with Vitali not too long ago, and he was faster and out boxing Vitali. Of course Vitali is just too tough.

I also like what you say about 9/11. Everyone here should examine Building 7. That is the smoking gun.

I'll have to re-watch that Vitali - CS fight. I recall Vitali being absolutely peak and brilliant, but still a fat CS was missing him with bombs by inches. All the big names avoided him at his peak. I'm sure he could have beaten Lewis. He was smacking Rahman around like a rag doll until he totally ran out of gas. He didn't train for that fight at all, no running at all. He said his foot was hurt. I can't find any videos of that fight except for the ending.

Don't get me started on 911. Yes, building 7 - the third largest skyscraper to ever fall down, right after the twin towers - and not a single word about it in the phony 911 commission report - and Larry Silverstein - who bought it even tho it was a huge money loser and never privately owned before, and insured it to the max, as shortly before 911 as the law would allow - close personal friend and crime partner (international money laundering, wholesale ecstasy narco distribution, not to mention arson and mass murder)of Benjamin Netanyahu ("911 was good for Israel" - 42 interruptions for applause and 29 standing ovations by the US Congress last week) - admitted right on camera that he ordered it "pulled" - and he didn't show up for work at the WTC that morning, nor did his two kids, nor did any of the bosses of his company...and no one in the government or the media is even interested in questioning him about all this!!!

Good place to start for anybody who thinks that 911 was pulled off by a dialysis patient and CIA agent and Bush family business partner hiding in a bunch of giant caves (that was the original story line) in the Himalayan foothills, and his 19 evil little islamaniacs armed with boxcutters because they "hate our freedom" is this film:

"911 - Missing Links"

http://www.911missinglinks.com/

j41181

Master
Corrie Sanders may have been the BEST of South Africa's white boxers, despite his weak work ethic, and lack of training. I'd put Francois Botha next to him, and Gerrie Coetzee 3rd.

Geery Cooney suffers the same thing like Sanders, weak work ethic and training.

Botha could've gained more credibility and respect had he beaten a still very good Tyson. That was just one lucky punch from Tyson.

At least, he regains something in this huge upset win.Edited by: j41181