Florida State Basketball Idiots

I apologize for not having the knowledge you post this article but yahoo has printed a story with 16 beautiful white women all FSU students posing with white t-shirts asking for a black recruit named Anrew Wiggins to come to Florida State. Im sure this seems innocuous to the common dwf but seeing 16 beautiful women willing to lower themselves just to get this ugly looking dude to come play ball for their school reeks of racial implications. They could not get ONE black girl to be in this. One I believe is even holding a beer. Disgusting! Come on Thrashen buddy... you need to comment on this.

foobar75

Master
I apologize for not having the knowledge you post this article but yahoo has printed a story with 16 beautiful white women all FSU students posing with white t-shirts asking for a black recruit named Anrew Wiggins to come to Florida State. Im sure this seems innocuous to the common dwf but seeing 16 beautiful women willing to lower themselves just to get this ugly looking dude to come play ball for their school reeks of racial implications. They could not get ONE black girl to be in this. One I believe is even holding a beer. Disgusting! Come on Thrashen buddy... you need to comment on this.

Actually, this is nothing new, and has been going on in big college campuses for years. The competition being brutal as it is, schools will go to any length to gain an advantage in the recruiting process.

I do remember reading an ESPN story on this subject, and if I recall, there was another story on TV, where the school they profiled was University of Georgia. They interviewed ex-players, some of whom are in the NFL and a common theme emerged. Although different schools handle things in different ways, it all comes down to selling the school to the recruits.

The ex-players admitted that one of the primary criterias for making their school decision was how good looking the girls were on campus. All they could think about was sex, and having been a 17-18 year old with raging hormones at one time, I don't blame them. And when you are a hotshot football/basketball recruit who will have his choice of women on campus, then I can see how this would become a priority.

In the UGA segment, they openly admitted that there's group of girls who volunteer to show the recruits around during their campus visit, and make sure they have a "good time". Of course, they were adamant that "good time" is not what we think it is, but who knows?

Bottom line, I don't have much of a problem if the recruits treat this as a big deal, but in the FSU example you cite and others where women would almost whore themselves out to attract some afflete to choose their school, well that's just another example of the dismal state of affairs in society these days.

Bronk

Mentor
This is an everyday part of recruiting. Major schools (and likely some minor ones as well) have official corps of pretty (predominantly white)women who shepard potential athletes around the campus. These groups have names, at U of Texas they are the "Texas Angels."

http://www.offthekuff.com/mt/archives/003058.html

Sex sells, amigo.

This has been going on for a long time now.

Last edited:
This is a prime example of Racissm. They couldn't find one black girl, or Latino, or one in a Burka. The NAACP should be protesting this. this is proof that the NAACP is a worthless organization and should be disbanded. Actually, they shouls have been disbanded in 1964.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
They should end this unseemly little "practice" ASAP. This idea of White coeds buttering up to these afroletic recruits is totally disgraceful & inappropriate. I thought these "fine young men" were there for an education....riiiiight?? >:-/

I'm (far beyond) tired of so called academic institutions lowering the bar (to a subterranean level) in order to lure these overhyped, thuggish dullards. The overwhelming majority of the "prized" recruits should not only (rightfully) not be in college, but rather pushing a broom, digging ditches or riding the back of a garbage truck (....and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt).