First Varsity Game

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Guys i started my first varsity game today as the nickleback! I did good had 4 tackles, didnt get burned, but we still lost 27-24. It was a close game against Racine Horlick but they pulled away with it. Anyways thought id share some happy news at least for me.

Sean

Mentor
Hey Congrats celticdb! I'm sure the games will get better for you as it starts to slow down abit. Keep us posted on your progress!
smiley32.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Guys i started my first varsity game today as the nickleback! I did good had 4 tackles, didnt get burned, but we still lost 27-24. It was a close game against Racine Horlick but they pulled away with it.  Anyways thought id share some happy news at least for me.

Good deal dude! Carry the banner for us!!!
smiley32.gif
Please let us know how you do this year I like hearing how my bruthas are doing.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
celticdb15, congratulations partner! Keep working hard in practice, keep you diet good, getting good rest & don't let your studies slip. Do everything you can to keep your athletic & academic edge. Forget socializing or messing around too much during the season....sellout to be game-ready via going 100% at practice, weight room & hit the books hard. It'll pay dividends, as it did for me in HS, eventually landing a football scholarship.
smiley1.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Thanks you guys. I have to admit the first half i was jittery, but the second i settled down. I am just proud of myself to be on the field, we run a 4-4 and all 3 other dbs are 3 year varsity starters and this is my first year up. Right now we are 3-1 go Tremper Trojans!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
BTW our 5'7 white rb has 4.5 speed and is having a great senior year. Last week he carried for 39 carries for a 241 yards! He's a tough kid but he is on the small side

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Keep that bulldog tenacity, celticdb15, and keep us informed!
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
don't worry about the jitters, celticdb15. being nervous at the start of competition just means you want to kick ass.
smiley2.gif

keep up the good work, and best of luck this year!

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Hey, good luck this season! I had a blast playing high school football, despite being one of only a few whites on the team.

From one DB to another, make sure you keep the play in front of you and make good form tackles. No matter how fast someone is, you can beat them with more intelligent coverage.

Keep up the good work, celticdb!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
hey celticdb!

how's the season coming along?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
We're 7-2 have a playoff game Tuesday against Janesville Craig who is 5-4!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
congrats on a good season for the team, and good luck on Tuesday,
smiley1.gif

how have you been performing on an individual basis?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well havent gotten much playing time the last couple of weeks just kickoff

PhillyBirds

Mentor
celticdb15 said:
Well havent gotten much playing time the last couple of weeks just kickoff

If I learned one thing while playing, it's that you should ALWAYS take pride in special teams. I loved being on ST, and I might say that kickoffs are my favorite part of football. ST is there for you to show your intensity!

The plight of a white DB is not an easy one!Edited by: PhillyBirds