Fighter of the Year for 2010

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Who was the best of our fighters during 2010?

Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko, Tomasz Adamek or Lucian Bute?

Then there's Marco Huck, Sergio Martinez, Sergiy Dzinziruk, Dmitry Pirog, Felix Sturm, Gennady Golovkin, Carl Froch, etc.

Choose the Fighter of the Year for 2010.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I have to go with Sergio Martinez. The K brothers are both very established and we know what to expect from them. Martinez knocking out black hype job Williams was beautiful.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
For me it's Wladimir Klitschko.

He knocked out two top ten negro heavyweights in 2010, neither of which had even been stopped on punches before (Chambers had never been down before, and Peter quit once against Vitali but had never been KOed).

However, I see the boxing websites such as boxingscene are choosing Sergio Martinez as the Fighter of the Year. No question Sergio had a great year, and that KO of Paul Williams was awesome.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have to go with Sergio Martinez for several reasons. 1st, he beat two elite fighters in Pavlik and Williams. I don't think P Will was all hype. He "had" some skills, a chin, high work rate. He was a definite top ten fighter. Pavlik "was" also a top ten fighter with a great skill and stamina. Sergio beat both with relative ease.

None of the fighters Wlad destroyed where considered great fighters. Its pretty much a no brainer who the FOY is. The Great Maravilla! The world is his play ground.

Second runner up would have to be Carl Froch. He beat affeletic wonder Dirrell, who has ability, lost a close one to great Kesseler, and then wiped the floor with powerful Abraham.

Westside

Hall of Famer
3rd runner up would be Pacman. The little guy just goes out and kicks major ass. He beat/destroyed two big welterweights / light middle weights with ease in Clottey and the cheating banditio Margacheato.

white is right

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
My vote goes to Paul Williams for his cast busting performance against Martinez.
I see somebody is sampling the spiked egg nog.....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I will stick with my favorite boxer. Wladimir Klitschko is the most dominant heavyweight I have seen in many decades if not ever. The guy is simply incredible.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Many of our fighters had a good year.

- Ricky Burns became a world champion
smiley20.gif

- Wladimir Klitschko had those two impressive KO wins and moved up in most P4P lists

- Tomasz Adamek racked up four more wins

- Dmitry Pirog had that stunning KO over negro hope Danny Jacobs to win the WBO middleweight title

- Robert Helenius had four wins over negro opponents: Brewster, Olouken, Tony, and Levin

- Kubrat Pulev had SIX wins, including KO 4 over Matt Skelton and a UD over Dominic Guinn

- As previously mentioned, Sergio Martinez had that beautiful KO over Paul Williams

- Marco Huck had four more wins

- Krzysztof Wlodarczyk won the WBC cruiserweight title and then successfully defended it against negro Jason Robinson

- Nathan Cleverly had three wins and is now the interim WBO light heavyweight champion

- The sport's most underrated fighter, ageless Omar Andres Narvaez won a world title in his second weight division

- Gennady Golovkin won the interim WBA middleweight title and then successfully defended it

- Lucian Bute had two successful title defenses, including a nice KO win over Edison Miranda

Other white boxers who had good wins in 2010: Carl Froch, Jurgen Brahmer, Sebastian Sylvester, Zaurbek Baysangurov, Sergey Dzinziruk, Sergey Lyakhovich, Vanes Martirosyan, Pawel Wolak, Peter Manfredo, Jesse Brinkley, Dimitri Sartison, Vyacheslav Senchenko, Matthew Hatton, Jan Zaveck, Daniel Geale, Roman Karmazin, Maxim Vlasov, Robert Stieglitz, Mikkel Kessler and Garth Wood.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Interesting that you mention Ricky Burns, Parody. I was checking the world champions list today and came across his name. It's the first time I've heard of him but I didn't google his name to even check if he was white. With a name like Ricky Burns I expected him to be a negro.