Fighter of the Year for 2009?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Who do you pick as the best white fighter of 2009?

Vitali Klitschko
Arthur Abraham
Carl Froch
Lucian Bute
Wladimir Klitschko (won Ring title after excellent Chagaev performance)
Tomasz Adamek

I'd say Vitali Klitschko was fighter of the year, with three good wins in his late 30s, including two over undefeated contenders.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Vitali Klitschko at this point because of his long lay off and his dominance in his comeback. I actually think he will do better against Estrada than Povetkin did because of his hand speed.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Make this a poll!

Blue Devils

Mentor
I'd give it to Vitali.

Runner up would be Marco Huck. He went 4-0(2) against opponents who had a combined record of 70-2-3.

j41181

Master
1. Vitali Klitschko - Amazing 3-0 record and 38 years old.
2. Marco Huck - Amazing 4-0 record.
3. Lucian Bute - Spectacular revenge performance vs. Andrade.
4. Tomasz Adamek - Very Good 3-0 record.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Vitali FOTY with Bute and King Arthur tied for 2nd runners up, based on how they won and looked in their last respective fights.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is another reason why I dislike Carl Froch.  http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24297He's just another idiot who is "impressed" with David Gaye's terrible performance against Valuev and the fact that he was knocked down by washed up Monte Barrett. 
Hello... Froch is Brit, so is Gaye. "All Brits" support Brits regardless of race and culture. Not Unless you view it from a BNPers point of view.

Same case applies in the USA. "All Americans" support Americans regardless of race and culture. Not Unless you view it from a CFers point of view.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is another reason why I dislike Carl Froch. http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24297He's just another idiot who is "impressed" with David Gaye's terrible performance against Valuev and the fact that he was knocked down by washed up Monte Barrett.

Hello... Froch is Brit, so is Gaye. "All Brits" support Brits regardless of race and culture. Not Unless you view it from a BNPers point of view.

Same case applies in the USA. "All Americans" support Americans regardless of race and culture. Not Unless you view it from a CFers point of view.

J41181 that is not the case at all!! Froch constantly bad mouths Amir Khan and Joe Calzaghe yet he seems to like Haye.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
j41181 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Here is another reason why I dislike Carl Froch.  http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24297He's just another idiot who is "impressed" with David Gaye's terrible performance against Valuev and the fact that he was knocked down by washed up Monte Barrett. 

J41181 that is not the case at all!!  Froch constantly bad mouths Amir Khan and Joe Calzaghe yet he seems to like Haye.
Then there is truly something wrong these picture. Are they associated with the same trainer or promoter?

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I am not sure but many people feel he is jealous of Amir Khan as well as Calzaghe. Also Lennox Lewis never showed any respect for any white British fighters. It was all about him supporting his fellow bruvas throughout his fighting career.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Westside

Hall of Famer
Frochy bad mouths Super Joe only to goad him into coming out of retirement and make him some serious money, thats all. And in regards to Khan, maybe it is jeolous. Khan is developing into a super fighter.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I know he wants a fight with Joe but that's a fight Froch just won't win. He would end up suffering his first loss. I will always root for Froch over any affletes but I am hoping he loses his belt to a white fighter, maybe even Kessler.

j41181

Master
Whatever Frochy is really up to, I just want him to continue performing successfully... and beat out as many affletes as possible!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
jcolec02 said:
What about Pacqiuao?

Pacquiao is awesome!
smiley20.gif

But I was asking who's the white fighter of the year for 2009.