Fight of Year 2010

Westside

Hall of Famer
I nominate the action packed Marquez vs Katsidis match for the lineal lightweight Championship.

This fight had it all, two way non stop action. Momentum shifts, Knockdowns, courage and skill.

Mike had a chance to win it. But he was fighting a HOFer in Marquez. Mike's left hook that dumped Marquez on the seat of his pants was spectacular.

What frustrates me about Mike is no one ever taught him to properly deliver a right hand cross, jab or any combination thereof. Mike throws this weird right that has absolutely no leverage or snap. Marquez was realistically fighting a one armed fighter in Katsidis.

If Mike never fixes that right of his, he will forever be a 2nd tier fighter. Mike fought courageously and gave the fans bang for the buck as well as Marquez who always delivers.

What do you guys think? Fight of the Year?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yeah - Katsidis-Marquez was all action while it lasted.

Pavlik-Martinez was a great fight too.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Some of the fights I enjoyed the most:

Pirog-Jacobs
Wlad-Peter
Wlad-Chambers (nice KO)
Vitali-Briggs
Adamek-Maddalone
Bute-Miranda
Martinez-Williams II
Litzau-Caballero
Helenius-Levin
Helenius-Brewster
Pulev-Guinn

These were not wars, but were a pleasure to watch because of masterful performances.

smiley32.gif

The Hock

Master
I was able to watch most of those fights though not all of them live. All good fights.

But my nominee for fight of the year is David Haye-Audley Harrison, because it exposed Haye for the quasi-criminal and fake that he is, as we watched Haye and Harrison stall for two rounds, then Haye give Harrison the nod to go down in the third and cash in on the bet Haye stupidly bragged about making after the fight (which he personally promoted). The whole episode could be featured in the show Stupid Criminals.

The cheap tawdrines of it all suprised even the posters here at CF, but more than that it woke up a lot of DWF's to Haye's character, which is weaker even than his chin. He's an even worse "saviour" than Sam Peter, who at least gave an honest effort and didn't rig fights.

And yet the hype for a Haye Klitchko fight survived even this fiasco. The more hard bitten and cynical boxing figures now know, maybe knew all along, that Haye is basically a high volume piece of sh!t. Still, they're going to throw him against the wall and hope he sticks.

Edited by: The Hock

The Hock said:
I was able to watch most of those fights though not all of them live. All good fights.

But my nominee for fight of the year is David Haye-Audley Harrison, because it exposed Haye for the quasi-criminal and fake that he is, as we watched Haye and Harrison stall for two rounds, then Haye give Harrison the nod to go down in the third and cash in on the bet Haye stupidly bragged about making after the fight (which he personally promoted). The whole episode could be featured in the show Stupid Criminals.

The cheap tawdrines of it all suprised even the posters here at CF, but more than that it woke up a lot of DWF's to Haye's character, which is weaker even than his chin. He's an even worse "saviour" than Sam Peter, who at least gave an honest effort and didn't rig fights.

Still the hype for a Haye Klitchko fight survived even this fiasco. The more hard bitten and cynical boxing figures now know, maybe knew it all along, that Haye is basically a high volume piece of sh!t. Still, they're going to throw him against the wall and hope he sticks.
Right!
smiley32.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
I hope some boxing writer who interviews Gaye, asks him about the fight, the bet for the 3rd round, and what clearly appeared to be Gaye gives instructions the Fraudley to take a dive. Man, Gaye, cleaned up. The Fight was fixed, but he probably made several 100k and kicked down and 100k to Fraudley.

I won't be holding me breath for that though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
I hope some boxing writer who interviews Gaye, asks him about the fight, the bet for the 3rd round, and what clearly appeared to be Gaye gives instructions the Fraudley to take a dive. Man, Gaye, cleaned up. The Fight was fixed, but he probably made several 100k and kicked down and 100k to Fraudley.

Haye is apparently so good he wants us to believe he can knock guys out any time he wants. I wonder if he'll be able to make such a prediction fighting one of the Klitschko brothers, if he ever even fights them.

ww

Guru
Westside said:

The British Boxing Organization, or whatever that phony outfit is called, was supposed to be conducting an investigation of that phony fight between the Gaye boy and Harrison - Gayeboy first admitting that he bet on his own fight and then changing the story, Harrison doing nothing - and despite what the British wigger bozos say on their forums, that is NOT the way he usually fights - and Gayeboy apparently saying "now" and Harrison apparently nodding OK. Some investigation. Over before it started. Par for the course.

ww

Guru
<div>
<div ="clear-left">

The Sun (British newspaper)
By DAVID WILLETTS and DAN SALES

<div ="padding-top-10 padding-bottom-10 clear-left">
<div ="-left">
Published: 16 Nov 2010
</div>
</div>

</div>

</div>

<h2 ="padding-bottom-7" style="font-size: 1.05em; line-height: 1.05em;">
BOXING champ David Haye NODDED and spoke to Audley Harrison moments
before flooring him in Saturday's bout, it was revealed yesterday.
</h2>

The Sun asked two expert lip readers to view online footage of the third round
incident.

Deaf Terry Ruane, 63, said: "Haye appears to be saying 'Now'."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...n-hit-the-canvas-did-David-Haye-call-Now.html

ww said:
<DIV ="clear-left">

<DIV ="padding-top-10 padding-bottom-10 clear-left">
<DIV ="-left">
Published: 16 Nov 2010
<H2 style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.05em; FONT-SIZE: 1.05em" ="padding-bottom-7">BOXING champ David Haye NODDED and spoke to Audley Harrison moments before flooring him in Saturday's bout, it was revealed yesterday. </H2>

The Sun asked two expert lip readers to view online footage of the third round incident.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...n-hit-the-canvas-did-David-Haye-call-Now.html
They will chew their own foot off before they'll investigat the only negro holding a world title at heavyweight.......... Edited by: lost

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
smiley32.gif
lost said:
ww said:
<div>
<div>

<div>
<div>

Published: 16 Nov 2010</div></div></div></div>
<h2 style="line-height: 1.05em; font-size: 1.05em;">BOXING champ David Haye NODDED and spoke to Audley Harrison moments before flooring him in Saturday's bout, it was revealed yesterday. </h2>

The Sun asked two expert lip readers to view online footage of the third round incident.

They will chew their own foot off before they'll investigat the only negro holding a world title at heavyweight..........

smiley36.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I recently re-watched the Harrison-Haye fight in HD. You can download it from boxingscene or fightfranchise.

From a different camera angle in HD, you can see a little nod from Harrison right after the moment Haye seems to say "now".