Female soldier goes AWOL

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
...because of sexual harassment in the Army.

U.S. soldier goes AWOL -- alleges sexual harassment
Enemy lines: She deserted the Army just before her 2nd tour in Iraq, not because of the war, she says, but because her superiors preyed on her.

Full article

I forget.. why do we women serving in the military? In combat zones, no less?

Those men were wrong, if they did what she alleged, but the other side of the coin in this case is that men and women should not be serving together in the military, especially in combat conditions.

Your thoughts? Edited by: White Shogun

white is right

Hall of Famer
Women in the army is a bad mix. Yes your average female soldier isn't the prissy homecoming queen, but females can't do many physical and pyschological things in combat that men can do. I'm dead set against women in combat.

G

During my time in the service I never did serve with any females. I was a grunt and the policy when I was in stated that no females would be assigned to infantry units lower than the brigade level which is a headquarters type unit. The few females that I did happen to deal with in a work setting seemed to be competent and professional. The problem is the type of war we are currently involved in. There are no front lines and unfortunately not enough men are joining the service these days. Other then a draft I don't see any way that army has any option but to assign females to a war zone.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Maybe we shouldn't be fighting wars if we can't get enough men to join up to do it.

I don't know what military you were in Menelik, maybe the pre-1980's but every branch of the service since then has attracted the same kind of women: gold diggers. Women in the military are husband shopping, whoring, or getting knocked up and having Uncle Sam support them and their kids. The straight ones anyway, about 50% of them are using the government to set up lesbian only communities also on the taxpayer dime. Beyond the PC press reporting of women in the military the real truth is a disaster. But no more then the situation at large in the rest of society which goes unreported too.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Maybe we shouldn't be fighting wars if we can't get enough men to join up to do it.

Amen to that!
smiley20.gif

G

jaxvid said:

I don't know what military you were in Menelik, maybe the pre-1980's but every branch of the service since then has attracted the same kind of women: gold diggers. Women in the military are husband shopping, whoring, or getting knocked up and having Uncle Sam support them and their kids. The straight ones anyway, about 50% of them are using the government to set up lesbian only communities also on the taxpayer dime. Beyond the PC press reporting of women in the military the real truth is a disaster. But no more then the situation at large in the rest of society which goes unreported too.

I was in the U.S. Army 1980-2000. My gosh
smiley9.gif
you have some pretty harsh judgments of our female service members! Like I said I never did serve with any so I really can't say how they were job-wise, but I salute anyone who freely enlists and chooses to put themselves in harms way. Just my opinion but I consider them all heroes regardless of whatever branch of service or job they are doing; "Its an Army thing, some of you wouldn't understand."
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Menelik said:
jaxvid said:

I was in the U.S. Army 1980-2000. My gosh
smiley9.gif
you have some pretty harsh judgments of our female service members! Like I said I never did serve with any so I really can't say how they were job-wise, but I salute anyone who freely enlists and chooses to put themselves in harms way. Just my opinion but I consider them all heroes regardless of whatever branch of service or job they are doing; "Its an Army thing, some of you wouldn't understand."
smiley2.gif

You spent 20 years in the military and didn't see them whoring on the streets of the cities around the army bases, didn't see them sleeping with the highest ranking officer available, getting pregnant and re-assigned to do nothing jobs so they could raise their kids on the taxpayer? What part of the Army were you in where you never saw went on in the barracks and local communities? I frankly find it hard to believe.

G

jaxvid said:
You spent 20 years in the military and didn't see them whoring on the streets of the cities around the army bases, didn't see them sleeping with the highest ranking officer available, getting pregnant and re-assigned to do nothing jobs so they could raise their kids on the taxpayer? What part of the Army were you in where you never saw went on in the barracks and local communities? I frankly find it hard to believe.

Were you ever in? If so for how long and what type units, and where stationed at? I spent plenty of time in the local community. Even married a local girl. Only females I saw in the barracks were local (civilian) gals. I was in high speed-low drag units. It sounds like if you were in you served in a REMF type unit.
smiley36.gif