Fed Ex Cup Playoffs

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Am slowly getting into this four week PGA playoff after ignoring it most years since it started in '07. Jason Day won the first tournament today, shooting 125 over the weekend, and jumps over Jordan Spieth for first place with three weeks of playoff golf left.

Day has now unexpectedly jumped over Spieth and McIlroy, he of the stupid soccer injury, and is now the best player in the world. He cried like a baby when he won the PGA after being so close in many majors, he is a class act, I have no problem being glad for his success, but hopefully he, Rory and Jordan and maybe others will keep golf going strong in the post-Tiger era.

Though I wanted to gag when Peter Kostis mentioned the new "big three" and then "hoped" that Woods would join them to make it real. All of the media analysts are tools, thank God for the new generation of stars.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Am slowly getting into this four week PGA playoff after ignoring it most years since it started in '07. Jason Day won the first tournament today, shooting 125 over the weekend, and jumps over Jordan Spieth for first place with three weeks of playoff golf left.

Day has now unexpectedly jumped over Spieth and McIlroy, he of the stupid soccer injury, and is now the best player in the world. He cried like a baby when he won the PGA after being so close in many majors, he is a class act, I have no problem being glad for his success, but hopefully he, Rory and Jordan and maybe others will keep golf going strong in the post-Tiger era.

Though I wanted to gag when Peter Kostis mentioned the new "big three" and then "hoped" that Woods would join them to make it real. All of the media analysts are tools, thank God for the new generation of stars.

After missing the cut in the first two FedEx Cup tournaments, Jordan Spieth is in contention after the first day. However, so is Jason Day who is playing on a different level right now! Day, the leader, was at -10/61 and Spieth was T-3 at -6. Now, Day is still -10 and Spieth is at -7. Also McIlroy sticking around at -4. Rickie Fowler at -2.

Forget about the "big three." We could be talking about 3, 4, or 5 with Day, Spieth, McIlroy, and Fowler or a guy named Justin Thomas if he can break through and win much like Spieth, this guy Thomas who is at -7 could be another Spieth if he can break through.

...anyway, looks like it's shaping up to be could weekend on the PGA Tour.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Jordan Spieth wins the Tour Championship in Atlanta and takes the Fed Ex Cup Championship, becoming the youngest Fed Ex champion ever at 22 years old, by 5 years!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
It's a good thing, and he's further supplanting and burying you-know-who. These new young bucks are the real deal and they seem consistently good.