fantasy ppv

guest301

Hall of Famer
Here are the seven fights I would like to see and the predicted outcome.
Rampage vs Iceman (obvious reasons, rematch of a Liddell loss)my pick..Liddell first round tko
Tim Sylvia vs Fedor (let's see how good Sylvia is) my pick Fedor- easy win
Andrei Arlovski vs. Heath Herring( caveat...Arlovski returns with the fang mouthpiece and a attitude, Herring gets in shape) my pick...to close to call..lean towards Arlovski
Forest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz...(believe Griffin won the first fight and will win the second fight by decision)
Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin ( rematch) my pick...I believe Franklin is a great fighter who learns from his mistakes..Franklin by TKO in the 2nd round...could be wrong
Rashad Evans vs. Keith Jardine my pick...Jardine slaughters him , easy TKO
Tank Abbott vs Bob Sapp... freak show fight...my pick ..whoever lands the first haymaker...both have always had bad stamina..so the first two minutes are everything...any thoughts....
Edited by: guest301

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see them all, except for a different mix with Rashad-Tito-Jardine:

Iceman v Rampage: Iceman by KO.

Sylvia v Fedor: Fedor going away.
Syvlia v Cro Cop: Cro Cop (tougher fight for Cro Cop than people think, IMO)

Silva v Franklin: Your thoughts on Franklin are my thoughts. He'll learn from his mistakes and come back to win. I think the fight might go to a decision, or he will win by G n' P after watching the Lutter fight.

AA v HH: Toss up, IMO, depending on which guy(s) show up to fight.

I'd rather see Tito v Rashad, Tito v Jardine, or Griffin v Rashad first, than Jardine v Rashad. I think Rashad would take Jardine down too easily for a lay n' pray win. Griffin can stuff a good takedown (see Rnds 2-3 v Tito) and should be able to TKO or UD Rashad. I think Tito beats Jardine, too, but there is less shame in losing to Tito than Rashad at this point. I want Jardine to baby his way to the top just like Rashad and now Diego, too.

Tank v Sapp would have to be way down on the undercard of a cheap PPV. I think Sapp would KO Tank.

Other matchups I'd like to see:

Rashad v Babalu
Rashad v Rampage
Rashad v Liddell
Diego v Hughes
Diego v GSP
Diego v Penn

Get one of these guys to knock those two off their ivory tower.

dkr77

Guru
Rashad vs Babalu
Cro Cop vs Liddell
A Silva vs Nate Marquart
T Sylvia vs J Barnett
A Arlovski vs Cro Cop
Rashad vs Tito
Karo vs BJ Penn
D Sanchez vs BJ Penn
Rampage vs Cro Cop
Fedor vs Sylvia
Kosheck vs Matt Hughes
Lindland vs A Silva
D Henderson vs A Silva
C Liddell vs W Silva
J Horn vs A Silva (the rematch)
Rampage vs Rashad
Couture vs Rashad
Couture vs Rampage
Couture vs W Silva

I have others but that will do for now.

JD074

Master
You guys have pretty much said it all. Any match ups with Evans and Diego where they're not a huge favorite. Any solid contender against Silva (Franklin, Lindland, Marquardt, whoever!) No-brainers Liddell/ Jackson and Sylvia/ Cro Cop. Liddell/ Wanderlei.

P.S. What do you guys think about Sanchez/ Koscheck?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
P.S. What do you guys think about Sanchez/ Koscheck?

I'm not sure what to make of it. Diego certainly hasn't had as easy a road to the top as Rashad, having fought Nick Diaz, Karo, and Riggs. Koscheck isn't on their level, IMO, so it looks to me like this is a step down in class for Diego, not up. But I didn't think that Koscheck would be used by the UFC as a stepping stone, either. If Diego loses this fight, it certainly takes him down a notch or two that's for sure. On the other hand, I don't see a win for Koscheck suddenly elevating him into title contention.

It's an interesting fight, and it does appeal to the TUF crowd. But I don't know what purpose this serves in the grand scheme of things for the UFC, unless it really *is* just marketing.

dkr77

Guru
I'll go with Sanchez over Koscheck. Koscheck has the wrestling credential's and takedown ability but Sanchez has the better submission game and I believe he might have a very slight edge in the striking department. If Kosheck wins I predict it will be from taking Diego down and smothering him until a bell rings. Hopefully, that won't happen. I don't believe either one of them could beat Matt Hughes though.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Very interesting fights here. I especially liked dkr77 idea of a Liddell vs Cro Cop fight. However, I don't see that happening in the UFC since they don't allow fighters in different weight clases to fight anymore. Who do you think is the best overall fighter in the UFC if they ever held a tournament for all the weight classes to determine the best fighter? Liddell is my favorite fighter, but I think Cro-Cop would be the favorite in that type of tournament.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
They could set up a Liddell-Cro Cop fight at a catch weight, or one of them could switch to another weight class. I seriously doubt that the UFC will even consider such a match up however, because both of these guys will be able to make sell a fight with whomever they put in front of them; no reason to risk demoting a champion by having them fight each other.

On the other hand, it would probably be the highest grossing MMA PPV of all time, and eclipse all but the biggest PPV in boxing as well.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
As soon as the pro's of such a fight outweigh the cons, maybe we will see it. The closer Liddell gets to 40(he's 37) the more chances the UFC may take with his career. I just wish the MMA popularity had hit in the late 80's when all we heard was that Mike Tyson was the "baddest man on the planet". Please he wasn't even the baddest black man on the planet, Rashad Evans takes him down to the mat and either submits him, pounds him out or sits on him for three rounds. No sweat.

dkr77

Guru
CroCop fights around 223 lbs. I would think he should have no trouble cutting to 205. That was the idea behind my post anyway.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I would like to see Crocop vs. Jerveygotgypped.It wouldn't be much of a match, but it would be immensely satisfying.
smiley4.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
"Minotauro" Nogueira vs. Sylvia, Fedor vs. Couture, Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin, etc. Alotta the above match-up's would be awesome too.

Guest301, you're right on the money regarding Tyson. I would have love to seen Rickson Gracie vs. Tyson circa 1988....Gracie by submission in under 1 minute!

Regarding Tank Abbott, I'd take him as my partner/backup in a street/bar brawl over any of the above MMA fighters! Folks forget that MMA "rules" don't include alotta street fighting standards (headbutts, eye-gouging, trachea grab, ripping, etc.).
smiley2.gif
Out in the streets it is indeed No Holds Barred & Tank's a vicious mug!Edited by: DixieDestroyer

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
"Minotauro" Nogueira vs. Sylvia, Fedor vs. Couture, Dan Henderson vs. Rich Franklin, etc. Alotta the above match-up's would be awesome too.

Guest301, you're right on the money regarding Tyson. I would have love to seen Rickson Gracie vs. Tyson circa 1988....Gracie by submission in under 1 minute!

Regarding Tank Abbott, I'd take him as my partner/backup in a street/bar brawl over any of the above MMA fighters! Folks forget that MMA "rules" don't include alotta street fighting standards (headbutts, eye-gouging, trachea grab, ripping, etc.).
smiley2.gif
Out in the streets it is indeed No Holds Barred & Tank's a vicious mug!
Ditto Dixie. Although the UFC comes closest to showing what a real fight would look like, I think that it's unfortunate that headbutting, kicking somebody on the matt and elbow strikes are illegal in some organizations. I think they should be allowed. I do understand the rules against, eye gouging, fishhooking etc....those are necessary and preserve the integrity and honor of the sport. But what's wrong with a headbutt, yes it's dangerous but so are alot of other things. I also agree that Tank Abbott would be a great guy to walk down a dark alley with if you knew trouble was awaitng you. I would still love to see him and Bob Sapp fight because it would be a freakshow slugfest.
Henderson/Franklin would be sensational and would love to see Couture/Fedor but I would be scared for Randy.