Falling gas prices

Bart

Hall of Famer
Well, what do you know? The price of gas has been declining and itappears it will continue to do so for some time. How fortunate we are! Happy days are here again. The media will tell us it is due to a myriad of reasons andRush will tell us it's just a reflection of market dynamics.Could the critical fall elections have anything to do with the situation? No, of course not, just an interesting coincidence. Market manipulation is a myth.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting that the decline in pricebegan to happen right after BP closed down its Alaskan pipeline, which was supposed to drive the price that much higher. Maybe the fedgov tapping into the "Strategic Petroleum Reserve" is responsible for the decline.

The one practical byproduct that was supposed to come out of the unconscionable invasion and occupation of Iraq was cheap gasoline. Of course the opposite happened. But then again with America's collective ten-second attention span, most have forgotten that gas was under a dollar a gallon just several years ago.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think it was Steve Sailer who said the anti-war protest should be changed from "no war for oil" to "no war for NO oil".

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The one practical byproduct that was supposed to come out of the unconscionable invasion and occupation of Iraq was cheap gasoline.

What is happening with all the Iraqi oil? Is it being pumped? Whos's getting it? Don't tell me with that country in total chaos and bombed to bits that somebody is keeping an eye on on the oil and keeping accurate records. You know darn well that billions and billions upon even more billions of dollars of oil moneyis being -siphoned - out of there.

hedgehog

Mentor
I am not kidding when I say this, but Al Queda actually has control of one of the oil fields right now in Iraq. When I find the info I will post it here.

Bart

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
I am not kidding when I say this, but Al Queda actually has control of one of the oil fields right now in Iraq. When I find the info I will post it here.

I remember watching a Peter Jennings reportduring the first Gulf War extravaganza. They showed images of burning oil wells. He said more than 500 of them were on fire. How many were not on fire? How many wells are in Iraq? How many fields are there?

G

KJV1 said:

smiley5.gif
Please do.

hedgehog

Mentor
Here is just one of many articles about the current oil plunder occuring in Iraq, just published today. While this article does not outright say Al Qaeda controls the fields, it definetly confirms they are "in" or networking with the oil pirates.

Weekly's military sources in Iraq report that the generals who compiled this report for the Bush administration completed their work in April. Little did they know that one of their key predictions was about to come true. They pointed out that the two-way routes used in the wholesale piracy of Iraq's primary national resource, oil, would become the most dangerous threat to American troops from the beginning of summer up to the end of the 2006.

The plunder is large-scale - between 20% and 30% of Iraq's entire output.

Despite strenuous measures to put a stop to it, the scale of the brigandage has increased; the Shiite militias have developed a network for the organized disposal of stolen crude from all of Iraq's oil fields.

As a result -

1. Shiite militiamen spend more time and energy on their nefarious oil trafficking than on fighting.

2. Their links with the smugglers' rings run two ways. To corner the market, the Shiite militias have agreed to act as the main channel for smuggled arms to reach Sunni and Baathist insurgents and al Qaeda's contingents in Iraq.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1169

Bart

Hall of Famer
I don't know the truth of the Iraqi situation, but Debka is one of the least credible sources of news on the planet.

G

Bart said:
I don't know the truth of the Iraqi situation, but Debka is one of the least credible sources of news on the planet.

I agree. Not to hijack a thread
smiley2.gif
but I have a question. How do you evaluate news to be credible?

cslewis1

Guru
Don't listen to anything from CNN, or the big three media. They long ago lost their way. NY Times, LA TIMES, Wash Post, Reuters, Ass Press, same thing. All anti-American to the hilt..

Listen to Rush, read the Wash Times, Wall St. Journal, NROnline and a bunch of blogs, that's my media source. And of course, I am forever grateful to Rupert Murdoch and Fox News.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
cslewis1 said:
Listen to Rush, read the Wash Times, Wall St. Journal, NROnline and a bunch of blogs, that's my media source. And of course, I am forever grateful to Rupert Murdoch and Fox News.

Wow, did you open a can of worms there.

Go easy on him, fellas.
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i read the BBC's stuff quite a bit. at least when they say "Live from wherever," they're actually Live at said location. the rest of the media sources you mentioned actually pay the BBC to use their footage, and then have their reporters stand in front of a blue screen claiming to be live on the scene. it's much cheaper that way, see. or sometimes they are too cheap to pay the BBC's rates and they'll use stock footage for their blue screen.

it's hilarious, because if you pay attention, you can usually pick up on it because the shot is from exactly the same angle, shot length, etc. sometimes it's even more obvious, for example they'll claim to be live at Tel Aviv or something reporting a blackout and the shot behind them will have lights on.
smiley36.gif
it takes a perceptive viewer to notice, but they do it all the time.

you can also notice it when they have "Live" glitches but the video doesn't skip after the glitch, or it's the same local "Live" report for the 10 o'clock news as it was at 6, and it's still daylight during the 10 o'clock stand-up.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I remember gas for under a dollar a gallon in early 2002, back when I was still a lowly undergrad! Wait a minute, I'm still a lowly (and even more humble) grad student!
smiley36.gif
I long for $1 a gallon gas but I doubt I see it again. By the way, its still $2.90+ for the cheap stuff (85 octane) here in Utah.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Whoo hoo just paid $2.50 a gallon, I'm voting Republican in the fall now baby!!!!

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Whoo hoo just paid $2.50 a gallon, I'm voting Republican in the fall now baby!!!!

The prices where I live haven't dropped that low yet, but by election day a gallon will most likely be under $2.00 Yesiree,I had 4 Republican campaign messages on my answering machine in the last two days. I keep sending theme-mails telling them to cross me off thier lists unless they close the border NOW. No more promises and talk. After it's secured they can discuss what to do about the illegals here.My congressman Jim Sensenbrenner has a few things going for him. He is a leader of the ant - amnesty wing of the Republican party. Kudos to him.

G

I just paid $2.41 a gallon for unleaded here in GA. Premium is going for $2.58. I really hope that they hurry up and develop that field in the Gulf of Mexico. My truck burns a lot of gas and I'm tired of being a hostage to Middle Eastern oil!
smiley19.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Howinteresting. No more peak oil talk at least for a while.Happy days are here again.What is the truth?The truth is we can't trust politiicans and the people who profit immensely from the swings inthe markets. What they say, depends on whether they are short or long. Whether it's time to distribute or accumulate. The price of stocks and commodities often has little to do with reality.

[url]http://news.bostonherald.com/international/view.bg?articleid =157340[/url]

VIENNA, Austria - The world has tapped only 18 percent of the total global supply of crude, a leading Saudi oil executive said Wednesday, challenging the notion that supplies are petering out.
Abdallah S. Jum'ah, president and CEO of the state-owned Saudi Arabian Oil Co., known better as Aramco, said the world has the potential of 4.5 trillion barrels in reserves - enough to power the globe at current levels of consumption for another 140 years.
Jum'ah challenged oil ministers and petroleum executives at an OPEC conference in Vienna to step up exploration "and leave the minimum amount of oil in the ground."