Ex-con Colt Brennan

Bart

Hall of Famer
Did anyone read this story about Colt Brennan? I can't get over thecaption of the photo. I don't think I've ever seen a black college athlete depicted in the same manner.Who would dare? It's not like there is a scarcity of them.

http://www.yahoo.com/

<CITE =timestamp>Jan 1, 2008</CITE>
<DIV =md id=today>
<DIV =bd id=todaybd>
<H3>Ex-con turns island hero</H3>

Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan, who is a convicted felon, ends his career in the Sugar Bowl on Tuesday.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey Bart, I posted the same article under college football. I thought exactly the same thing. Unbelievable, considering how pissed off everyone gets when anyone even mentions that Sean Taylor might not have been an upstanding citizen, let alone call him a convict in public.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Sounds like he got railroaded by a coed and the college system of attacking any male (especially white) who has an argument with a female. I'm sure it happens to black players too but I doubt that Brennen will have multiple arrests in his lifetime.

I've never heard of a black player referred to as an
"ex-con" but c'mon this is the cultural Marxists at work, the chance to paint a white athlete as a criminal, how could they pass it up? I'm surprised it's not on the cover of SI. Too bad the woman wasn't black, now that would get some coverage!

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Hey Bart, I posted the same article under college football. I thought exactly the same thing. Unbelievable, considering how pissed off everyone gets when anyone even mentions that Sean Taylor might not have been an upstanding citizen, let alone call him a convict in public.

It's been said that great minds think alike.
smiley36.gif
Seriously, that story bothers me to no end. As to Sean Taylor,he is in the process of beatification.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
White Shogun said:

It's been said that great minds think alike.
Seriously, that story bothers me to no end. As to Sean Taylor, he is in the process of beatification.

You should then hop over to the thread I started in College Football and see what some guy named 'Qwerty,' with about 4 posts, has to say about the situation.

Poacher

Mentor
jaxvid said:
Sounds like he got railroaded by a coed and the college system of attacking any male (especially white) who has an argument with a female.

BINGO!

"Ex-con" is probably the most derogatory descriptive this writer could have used to describe Brennan. It doesn't really matter what the article says because the author has poisoned the well with a nasty adjective.Edited by: Poacher

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I'm not trying to justify this, but here is the reason why they're making such a big deal out of a white guy being an ex-convict.

Many in the media have higher expectations for whites than they do for blacks so they make excuses for indiscretions by black affletes while whites are held to a higher standard...basically trying to treat black affletes like cute little puppy dogs rather than men.