Even Harold Reynolds

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing that almost every single black celebrity in the sports world screws up sooner or later no matter how privileged a lifestyle they enjoy. Even the friendly, non-scowling ones who seem articulate can't seem to control themselves. O.J. is the best known of this type along with Warren Moon (choked his wife very nearly to death but she "stood by her man" and changed her story). Now comes Harold Reynolds, ESPN's best-known black baseball announcer along with Joe Morgan, who was suddenly fired after multiple allegations of sexual harrassment by Reynolds of ESPN female staffers surfaced. Bye, bye, Harold. Who'll benext to misfire,Morgan?
smiley36.gif

Deacon

Guru
Are the sexual harrassment charges true? Some are saying he was fired because he didn't like the A-Rod bashing.

Oh well, he was actually pretty good on Baseball Tonight.

G

Don Wassall said:
...who was suddenly fired after multiple allegations of sexual harrassment by Reynolds of ESPN female staffers surfaced. Bye, bye, Harold. Who'll benext to misfire,Morgan?
smiley36.gif

Got any sources?

Deacon

Guru
Oh, guess you were right.

link

"It was a total misunderstanding," Reynolds told the Post. "My goal is to sit down and get back. To be honest with you, I gave a woman a hug and I felt like it was misinterpreted.

The newspaper, quoting sources, reported that the woman is an ESPN employee.

Maybe he touched her ass. Who knows.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It would take a little more than ass touching imo to get an otherwise competent, high-profile black like Reynolds fired from such a position. Which reminds me, Mike Turico, probably the most high-profile of all in ESPN/ABC's large stable of black announcers, was accused of sexual harassment a few years back but is none the worse for wear.

I'm very well aware that "sexual harassment" has been turned into a political weapon in the war against white men but there certainly are legitimate cases of it, and on average the black males charged with it tend to be a lot more inappropriate and brutish than white men.

On New Year's night 1989, O.J. beat up Nicole and was (surprisingly to him, especially) actually arrested. Nicole swore a complaint, but quickly recanted. The incident appeared on a back page of the LA Times, but nowhere else in the MSM.

NBC signed O.J. to a new contract later that year. The incident didn't hurt his broadcast career at all. Hertz kept him on as their "house golfer." Years later, Hertz CEO Frank Olson claimed that he "hadn't known" how bad the 1989 incident was. He claimed in 1996 that Simpson "would never have worked for Hertz again if he had known the truth."

I don't know he had too of really screwed up to get canned, but part of me wants to give Reynolds the benefit of the doubt because of the way feminists use "sexual harrassment" to win a fat law suit from a company.

The story wouldn 't shock me either way.

Kaptain

Master
The fact that the harrassment charges came from multiple sources is enough to convince me that they are true. Don't dismiss these charges because of the idealog of feminism. The worship of black culture has always trumped feminism. They didn't fire Reynolds because of a couple of inappropriate jokes.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I hope its not true, since I basically like Harold Reynolds--who has always struck me as a reasonable, articulate guy. His commentary on "Baseball tonight" is quite good, in my opinion.

If it is true, its depressing, and shows how, as DW says, even the respectful, likeable blacks can wind up acting like jerks.

Of course, this affects all who acquire fame and money. They develop a sense of entitlement to girls, and the perks of office.

Are his accusers white women? If so, I think the charges are more likely to be true, since there is a strong psychological/cultural pressure not to appear "racist" by rejecting outright the advances of a black. They would have never reported,e.g., a mere request for a date, or a merely verbal harassment or suggestive remark. It must have crossed a certain line, if they are willing to make a public case out of it.

I hope he's innocent, but let the truth emerge and justice be done!