EuroBasket 2022 - Final Four - top 6 players on each team by minutes played.

grandmaster

Poland (5 of 6 are white)
Sokolowski
Ponitka
Slaughter (black)
Balcerowski
Cel
Zyskowski

Spain (4 of 6 are white)
Brown (black)
J. Hernangomez
Lopez-Arostegui
W. Hernangomez
Garuba (black)
Diaz

Germany (3 of 6 are white)
Schroder (black)
Wagne
Voigtmann
Lo (mulatto)
Thiemann (mulatto)
Theis

France (2 of 6 are white)
Fournier (half Arab)
Gobert (mulatto)
Huertel
Yabusele (black)
Tarpey
Luwawu-Cabarrot (mulatto)

Last edited:

Phall

Master
Huertel and Tarpey both played great for France yesterday as they eliminated an all-white Italian team (Huertel was France's leading scorer). They are the only whites on the France roster**. The Hernangomez brothers were very strong inside while eliminating all-white Finland.

Pretty lame that Germany and Spain lean on their black players, as they have "only" four and three respectively. One thing I certainly appreciate about this FIBA tournament is that the entire roster seems to get playing time every game. It speaks to the level of intensity that the games are played with and also puts to bed some of the very lame NBA tropes emphasizing individual defensive matchups and offenses "hunting for the weak link" like they're playing 5-5 iso ball.

** How could Huertel and Tarpey feel any sort of "national pride" going into a timeout huddle surrounded by Africans, while their Italian opponents huddle up with only their fellow co-ethnics? Italy and France share a border!
bigbird-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excellent post Big Bird .....or I mean Phall. Great comment about the high level of play and the optics. Yeah I'm rooting against both France and Germany. The only two real French Players can play and they are on an island all by themselve. They have to notice it. The games in
general are a breath of fresh air as the majority of teams are very white and they play great basketball.