Ethnic Pandering helps White alderman get elected!

Old Scratch

Mentor
Amusing. The black that lost said "it was not good for democracy," but that's okay because democracy isn't any good anyway.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Amusing. The black that lost said "it was not good for democracy," but that's okay because democracy isn't any good anyway.

Ain't that the truth. Democracy might work for a short while in a very small homogenious population with shared values, but even then only briefly. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Just one of those swell sounding words mass murderers like to toss about, like Washington bringing democracy to every defenseless country they can lay their hands on by bombing them from 30 thousand feet, as in the Peoples Democratic Republic of this and that.

TBProdigy

Guru
Ain't that the truth. Democracy might work for a short while in a very small homogenious population with shared values, but even then only briefly. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Just one of those swell sounding words mass murderers like to toss about, like Washington bringing democracy to every defenseless country they can lay their hands on by bombing them from 30 thousand feet, as in the Peoples Democratic Republic of this and that.

I read this article the other day and it still fills my face with a huge childish grin. How do you beat a white liberal with a black majority vote? Just pit him up against a black republican!

Gotta love the guys sense of humor too.

One of his mailers said he was "Endorsed by Ron Wilson," which longtime Houston voters might easily interpret as a statement of support from a former state representative of the same name who's also African-American. Fine print beneath the headline says "Ron Wilson and Dave Wilson are cousins," a reference to one of Wilson's relatives living in Iowa.

"He's a nice cousin," Wilson says, suppressing a laugh. "We played baseball in high school together. And he's endorsed me."

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
LOL! Hilarious! He'll do 10x+ a better job than the boy he beat for office.