ESPN is making a hero of a rapist?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes it was statutory rape and he was barely of age, but still you would think that they just released a social activist out of jail. Genarlow Wilson is the new "Mandela", "Walensa". When does Roman Polanski get on the cover of ESPN...
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Genarlow? Dang, I'm from the Delta and thought I'd heard it all!
smiley36.gif

The caste media is in overdrive to try to prove that Blacks are still mistreated, their monopoly on creating our reality is dangling by a thread. If rapists (Wilson), violent thugs (Jena 6) and liars (Palmdale 2) are all they can hang their hat on then maybe, just maybe the end is near.

Kaptain

Master
I think we have discussed this case in a different thread, but let me give a synopsis that you didn't here from the mainstream media:

Genarlow and four other blacks (all with long criminal records) drugged, videotaped, and raped a 17 year old girl and received oral sex from the 15 year old. Charges were filed against all of them and they all plea bargained and pled guilty except Genarlow. The prosecution, rather than trying to prove a difficult rape case that would involve DNA and, of course, the black man's assertion that all sex with black men has to be concentual, went for the easy charge of Aggravated child molestation.

Now, of course, the mainstream media forgets to tell us everything about the case except that Genarlow was an honor student and that the sex was concentual - which is highly disputed by the victims.

the link

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
I think we have discussed this case in a different thread, but let me give a synopsis that you didn't here from the mainstream media:

Genarlow and four other blacks (all with long criminal records) drugged, videotaped, and raped a 17 year old girl and received oral sex from the 15 year old. Charges were filed against all of them and they all plea bargained and pled guilty except Genarlow. The prosecution, rather than trying to prove a difficult rape case that would involve DNA and, of course, the black man's assertion that all sex with black men has to be concentual, went for the easy charge of Aggravated child molestation.

Now, of course, the mainstream media forgets to tell us everything about the case except that Genarlow was an honor student and that the sex was concentual - which is highly disputed by the victims.

the link

Wow that I did not know. I really did feel sorry for this guy when I first heard about this story. I heard he got oral from a 15 year old girl when he was 17, but because of Georgia's ridiculously conservative statutory rape laws was to spend 5 years w/o parole in jail even though they were only 2 years apart in age.

But I didn't know this dude video taped it and also raped a 17 year old. Talk about easy to prove, if he video taped it. Quite dumb for an "honor" student. More media BS.
smiley11.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
If he was under 18 I can agree the sentencing was rather harsh, but that still doesn't make him minor celebrity or a hero? Civil rights people, people that fight for the poor deserve more coverage than a date raper....
smiley11.gif
Also Georgia had some very conservative laws when it comes to sexual activity, oral sex was considered sodomy. I don't know if this is still on the books though.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
white is right said:
If he was under 18 I can agree the sentencing was rather harsh, but that still doesn't make him minor celebrity or a hero? Civil rights people, people that fight for the poor deserve more coverage than a date raper....
smiley11.gif
Also Georgia had some very conservative laws when it comes to sexual activity, oral sex was considered sodomy. I don't know if this is still on the books though.

Well, if you're talking about conservative sex laws in Georgia, Canada is just the opposite. Canada joined with the Netherlands, Spain and a few other European countries in the past 15 years by lowering the age of consent to an unreasonable age IMO. They changed the age of consent to 14 years old unless it has to do with a person in a position of authority (ie. teachers) than it is 18.

This is too young. The politicians said they did this b/c too many 17 and 18 year old H.S students were getting in trouble for having sex with 14 and 15 year olds. I believe the former age of consent used to be 16 unless there was less than a two year age difference. But under the current law, it would be legal for a 40 year old to have sex with a 14 year old. This is ridiculous.

I think a good age of consent is 16 unless there is only a three year age difference. This would keep most H.S students from getting into trouble. A person who breaks this law should be subject to prison time and if the victim is under 14 they should lock them up for a "very" long time. The laws get complicated for sexual delinquency when both involved are very young, but the law I mentioned would work for people 16 or over.

If laws are too conservative, it causes too many offenders being booked into the system and thrown in jail. This causes people who made one irresponsible mistake, by going younger than they should have, to be subject to being listed as sex offenders. But if the laws get too liberal like in Canada, it allows pedophiles to get cleanly away with taking advantage of someone who is so young they don't know any better.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white is right

Hall of Famer
I think Frank Sinatra was convicted of adultery in the 1930's in New Jersey, that makes the Georgia laws look like something out of Sweden.......
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right