Eric Crouch

I think crouch would have been an excellent runningback in the nfl. He ran the ball so much at nebraska its not like he wasnt used to it. All he woulda had to do was line up in the tailback spot instead of behind center. One off season of practicing taking hand offs and pitches and he would have been good to go.

Edit: Forgot to say that i think its great hes still going after what he wants, most would have given up by now. Its very admirable.Edited by: SuperSpeed23

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Crouch used to be my favorite QB when I lived out in Colorado. The way he ran the ball he instantly became my favorite college player and really encouraged me to try and be like him. He was 6'0 200 and had 4.4 speed. Of course he could have been a runningback in the NFL, if he bulked up. Looking at his highlight he looks like a very light 200lbs with a lot of room to fill out. He could have been a stout 210 with some real homerun speed.

But I agree Crouch should've put in more thought in what Martz offered him. Crouch was a natural athlete we needed him in the NFL...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eric Crouch thinks that if he was playing today that he'd be sought after as a read-option "new breed" QB in the NFL. I think he's wrong; just ask Collin Klein, and I'm afraid Johnny Manziel next year, and every year there are White QBs with good running skills who never get a shot in the NFL. But Eric is right that he should have made the most of his opportunity at WR on the Rams. He was drafted in the 3rd round; I thought at the time and still do that if Mike Martz hadn't drafted him he would have otherwise been drafted very late, or even not at all.

Crouch regrets the way he approached the NFL

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_fa8b8632-9f63-519a-8e7f-52a4a40461f5.html