DWF Watch

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
10 Year Old Boy Buys William Perry's Super Bowl Ring, Then Returns It
A Pittsburgh-area 10-year-old took $8,500 out of his college savings account to buy William "The Refrigerator" Perry's Super Bowl XX ring. And then he gave it right back to its original owner.

With the help of his mother and a hefty college fund, Cliff Forrest Jr. purchased the ring after seeing it at Mickey Mantle's Restaurant in New York. Cliff's father, Cliff Forrest Sr. (above, left), said he wouldn't have approved his son's spending, "but his mother is a little more soft-hearted," he said.
full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Boy-10-buys-then-returns-Refrigerator-Perry-?urn=nfl-wp819

Fridge_inside062304.jpg
Edited by: Don Wassall

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I saw this article yesterday, it made me cringe then, too. It's a ridiculous gesture by this kid who worships his affletic supaheroes, and an even worse example set by his parents to let him first waste his money on the ring, and then give it to this loser who will doubtless just sell it again for a couple of dozen cheeseburgers.

On the other hand, it might be profitable, as a percentage of the legions of Bears DWF's may send money to this kid and his family, probably more than making up for his outlay.

icsept

Master
Wow. Raising your child to be a bleeding-heart fool. It is well documented that the Fridge is broke and a drunk. He's laughing his way right back to the pawn shop with the ring. Edited by: icsept

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don, I'd seen that article early this week & planned to post it under "DWF Junior League"
smiley2.gif

First, this kid's (weak minded) parents should have NEVER let him squander $8500 on anything...much less some jock sniffin' sports memorabilia. Secondly, his old man is probably a hard core DWF & teaching this kid to be one too. Lastly, this a good example....of how to be a DWF, pantywaist liberal dupe.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Truthteller

Mentor
ESPN Classic did a special on Fridge in the early 2000's and it portrayed him as a very nice, hard-working family man, who was just a little down on his luck financially. He's been a brick-layer for years, who seems to employ mostly blacks -- not illegals(which is good) -- and he told ESPN he sold his Super Bowl ring in order to buy an expensiveconcrete mixer for his business.

Now,why a man who's said to be a'hard workingbrick layer' and probably made at least a few million with the Bears** was so cash strapped that he had to hock his ring for a mixer, is a mystery to me? But if ESPN is correct, he sold that ring like 10 years ago and didn't caremuchabout losing it.

Nontheless, this is a retarded story. Financial circumstances can change quickly in life -- for the better or worse (i.e. Fridge). So who's going to bail out that stupid DWFkid someday if he needs money to go college or pay his rent and he's strapped for cash? Will Fridge give him backthis ring and let him sell it on EBay? Just a stupid, stupid story
smiley5.gif

** Even though NFL players didn't make as much in the 80's as they do now and Fridge had a short career, I remember he gottons of endorsements in the mid-80's. Even appeared on The A-Team, perhaps even was part of Wrestlemania? He had to make a ton of cash, compared to his NFL peers that played Nose guard.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
There is a 100% chance Perry will pawn that ring again to support his drug and prostitution habit.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Typical DWF parent. This moron should have told his son "listen lil dwf, lets put this on Ebay, make at least 20K, then kick down 8k to Jumbo former affelet "the frig." Take the 12k an enroll you in Pop Warner Football or Little League baseball. Yes, we will still have our drunk DWF parties every Sunday worshiping affelet. But the rest of the money goes to your college fund.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I saw this one Yahoo a few days ago as well. This is pathetic even for DWF standards. The afflete is laughing at the DWF's right now.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sickening! Modern "parenting," DWFdom, and team-fanneryat their worst!
smiley7.gif

Rebajlo

Mentor
Well, doesn't this fill one with pride in one's own race, eh?

Cliff Forrest Sr. looks like he was born without nuts, so it's a wonder that he somehow managed to spawn Cliff Jr. I'd put forward theories about proverbial milkmen doing the business with Forrest Sr.'s wife (thank God that she's not in the photo as I'd wager that she's a right fat sl*g), but the "man" and boy share a half-witted look which puts all doubts of paternity to rest.

Speaking of that sleek athlete nicknamed "the Fridge", I remember being reprimanded by a teacher in high school for referring to the lardy git as a "fat, brainless n******" (the stars are my self-censorship)
smiley36.gif
. I guess that these days I'd have been expelled and quite possibly incarcerated...

chris371

Mentor
If I even dreamed of giving away that much money, my father would whoop my ass, and rightly so. Why does a kid have access to his own college fund anyway?
But yeah, an overweight wino who squandered his millions like Perry really deserves our sympathy. He is black after all. He overcame great racism in his lifetime.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Let's remember how the racist Bernard Hopkins visited an 18 year old white kid who was sick and dying of cancer. He let him drive his Bentley. What a great guy! The young kid parents were talking about what a great guy Hopkins is. They even said he beat Joe Calzaghe. Now those are true DWF's.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Truthteller said:
<div>Nontheless, this is a retarded story. Financial circumstances can change quickly in life -- for the better or worse (i.e. Fridge). So who's going to bail out that stupid DWF kid someday if he needs money to go college or pay his rent and he's strapped for cash? Will Fridge give him back this ring and let him sell it on EBay? Just a stupid, stupid story </div>

This is how I feel. I don't get it at all. The kid is too young to know Perry from when he played, he lives in Philly-not Chicago, Perry is not that well known a figure from back in the day, and I thought you couldn't take money out of a college expense account unless it was for hardship or education? WTF? The kids parents should lose custody of the little idiot.

I wonder how much money the fridge will get this time when he hocks it?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Phillies DWFs by the thousands travel to Washington to boo Jayson Werth -- who homered and doubled against his old team -- before returning to Philadelphia to resume cheering fortheir all non-White starting eight.

Werth homers against former team to help lift Nats

<DIV id=articleByline =articleByline>The Associated Press
<DIV id=articleDate =articleDate>Posted:04/12/2011 09:57:07 PM EDT
WASHINGTONâ€"Jayson Werth tried hard not to show this performance against his old Phillies teammates meant anything special.

Werth homered and doubled to lead the Washington Nationals to a 7-4 win Tuesday night in his first appearance against Philadelphia since leaving as a free agent this winter.

When asked afterward about the significance of the game, at first he shrugged it off, calling it "business as usual." But a question about his home run led to a playful dig at his former manager, Philadelphia's Charlie Manuel.

"I was just trying to perform well for Charlie," Werth said with a smile. "He hasn't seen me play in a while."

Werth showed everyone he still has the offensive form that earned him a $126 million, seven-year contract with the Nationals this offseason after four years with Philadelphia. He doubled to lead off the fourth inning and later scored, starting a three-run inning that gave the Nationals the lead for good. His solo homer in the fifth gave Washington a 5-1 lead.

"Anytime you hit a home run you're going to have some satisfaction," Werth said. "Was it extra special against those guys? Probably a little bit."

Phillies fans made up a large percentage of the sparse crowd at Nationals Park, and they booed Werth each time he came to batâ€"or fielded a fly ball in right field.
full article: http://www.inyork.com/sports/ci_17830389

Paleocon

Guru
<div>"He was very appreciative and he said, 'thank you,'" Cliff said.

Well that makes it all just dandy. Perry said thank you.

A sports collection website rains on the parade
a little by pointing out that Perry's ring sold three years ago at
auction for $27,000 and it's unlikely the price would have dropped so
much since then. Even if Cliff's ring was a replica though, it doesn't
change the kindness behind his action.

So this DWF child might have just blown his college fund on a replica ring. If that is the case then he is even twice as stupid as we thought.

-----------------------------------------------------
<div></div>full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Boy-10-buys-then-returns-Refrigerator-Perry-?urn=nfl-wp819</div>
<div></div>
<div></div><div>
</div>Edited by: Paleocon