Dumbledore is gay.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Nah, there's no pro-gay agenda.

link

Rowling Lets Dumbledore Out of the Closet

Well, it's official. Albus Dumbledore, a hero of the phenomenally popular Harry Potter series and headmaster of the wizarding school Hogwarts, is gay.

That's right, Harry's mentor and father-figure would prefer a nice wizard to a hot witch any day.

In a surprising new Potter twist, author J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore at New York's Carnegie Hall in front of 2,000 Potter fans during a question and answer session Friday night.

After reading an excerpt from the seventh installment of her series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," one young fan asked if Dumbledore had ever loved anyone.

"Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling.

She was initially met with a surprised silence but ultimately the audience erupted in cheers for several minutes prompting Rowling to add, "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

Rowling went on to explain that Dumbledore fell for Gellert Grindelwald, his childhood friend with similarly brilliant wizarding skills, who eventually went over to the dark side and became the predecessor to the infamous villain Voldemort. That love, explained Rowling, was Dumbledore's "great tragedy."

Many fans were thrilled with the announcement.

"This is a victory for homosexuality the world over," one wrote. "Dumbledore is iconic, and I can't wait for all those little children to hear about this. I am so insanely proud of [Rowling] for doing this."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Pretty cool how she can go back and say whatever she wants about the characters now that the books are written, right?
smiley5.gif

I read a few chapters of the first book and never bought, or read, another.

I've seen one Harry Potter movie, and that was one too many.

I wonder what all those parents are going to think, who defended Potter as nothing more than a good, childhood fairy tale, now that Dumbledore has been outed? I expect that Ms. Rowlings will 'reveal' more about the other characters as well, now that she knows such things will be received with such fan fare, and so favorably.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
I wonder what all those parents are going to think, who defended Potter as nothing more than a good, childhood fairy tale, now that Dumbledore has been outed?

Several women of my immediate and extended family love the Potter books. Believe me, the gay aspect will not diminish their popularity among most females.

White_Savage

Mentor
Stupid publicity stunt. She's probably going to announce for public office.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Most kids don't even like Harry Potter. I never seen any kids around here talking about it. However, I have seen women in their 30's reading it and talking about it.

I don't think kids should be learning about this type of stuff. They're too young to understand it. We wonder why children are messed up these days? Well, maybe it's because we push them to be adults before they learn to be children.

Tom Iron

Mentor
This stuff all the time about "gays" is disgusting. When is there an end to it? Why are we constantly be bombarded with this garbage

People seem to be going crazy. How can it be good that some idiotic fictional character is proclaimed to be a degenerate?

I guess next will be Daffy Duck is gay, or maybe Bugs Bunny.

This garbage just never stops.

Tom Iron...

White_Savage

Mentor
He was gay, but he was British so no one could tell the difference...

There is no "bravery" involved in this crap, when everyone celebrate the crap out of you for saing "A-Okay to Gay", it's no longer a brave act in anyway to do so. It is brave to do the opposite.

It's soooo convenient for Rowling to come up with this PC crap AFTER all the books had ever been written. She would NEVER have made a principal character a buggerer when she was actually trying to sell the story, for the simple reason that boys, not yet being brainwashed out of their natural feelings about unatural acts, would have stopped reading that moment.

Haven't read the books, never gotten through one of the movies. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard, C.L. Moore, there are hundreds of writers who kick Rowling's arse in the area of High Fantasy. Who needs Dumbledore when you got Conan?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Who needs Dumbledore and Harry Potter when you can have Aragorn, Frodo, Gandalf, Legolas, etc and I am sure that Tolkien never considered any of those characters gay.

Poacher

Mentor
White Shogun said:
Pretty cool how she can go back and say whatever she wants about the characters now that the books are written, right?
smiley5.gif

I read a few chapters of the first book and never bought, or read, another.

I've seen one Harry Potter movie, and that was one too many.

I wonder what all those parents are going to think, who defended Potter as nothing more than a good, childhood fairy tale, now that Dumbledore has been outed? I expect that Ms. Rowlings will 'reveal' more about the other characters as well, now that she knows such things will be received with such fan fare, and so favorably.

Great post WS.

I work with more than a few people who read the Harry Potter books, women and men...adults. I bought and read the very first Potter book a couple of months ago just to see what all the fuss was about. It was basically a waste of time. I didn't find her writing impressive at all. The characters were indistinguishable from one another, as lifeless as cardboard cut-outs.

It's not even good children's literature. If you want your kids to read good children's books instead of what has become homo-agitprop then have them read the Alice books or The Wind in the Willows or Charlotte's Web. Don't have them waste their time scanning words on a page of Harry Potter. There is nothing there for them. That this woman could become so rich by writing such moribund nonsense is a sad commentary on what the West has become.

And as for her back-****ging the books...well, it's a damn shame is all I can say. An act of sheer womanish obeisance. It wouldn't surprise me if she just made it up on the spot.

Harry Potter and the Fist of Fire
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Bone

Anymore?

And always thought Dumbledore and McGonickle were an item

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Harry Potter sucks. I feel bad for kids today how thats the kind of stuff they have to grow up with. I grew up with cool sh*t as a kid like Transformers and He-Man. These kids today will never know what cool is or what good music is for that matter (I grew up with 80's metal)