Duggars Expecting 19th Child...Plus Granddaughter

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
God bless the Duggars!!!
smiley4.gif

The Duggars Expecting 19th Child

Tue Sep 1, 6:05 AM PDT

TV's biggest reality family is getting bigger.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of TLC's "18 Kids and Counting" are expecting their 19th child, People reported.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Keepin' It Real With TV's Hottest Reality Stars!

"We are so thrilled," Michelle, 42, told the mag. "We just couldn't believe it is happening."

Michelle is expected to give birth five months after daughter-in-law Anna gives birth to the Duggar's first grandchild.

Anna, 21, is expecting a girl next month with the Duggars' oldest son, Joshua, 21.

"I love all of this, it is so fun," Michelle said. "Anna and I will have babies five months apart. My mother and my sister were pregnant at the same time and it was really wonderful. The kids were really close and still are. I have a nephew who grew up with me, we're just three months apart."

Michelle also told the mag that her 19th pregnancy came as a surprise.

"I was in Weight Watchers with Jim Bob and I wasn't losing any weight," she said. "I couldn't figure it out. I was doing what I should. And the baby, who was nursing, was fussy. I kept thinking, 'This isn't right. She isn't teething, she doesn't have an ear infection. I'm not cheating on my diet, I should be losing weight.' Then, I put two and two together and wondered if I could possibly be pregnant."

***Reference article...

guest301

Hall of Famer
Would love to see more white families just half as big as this and what's amazing is that they are self-sufficient and are not on any type of goverment welfare.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
From what I understand, Jim Bob is a real estate investor, not your ordinary job. I have read that the Duggars have received help from their church and also from companies that have donated items to them over the years. Of course, the TLC network helped build their house. While I believe it is good for whites to have large families, I don't think the Duggars could have this large of a family without help. They don't talk much about where their money comes from either, and that leads me to believe more strongly that they get quite a bit of help. I'll say it again, the ancient quiver held 6 arrows. Just like with anything else, some folks in the quiverfull movement take things too far.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Getting help from your church and donations from area businesses(publicity) is not the same as getting goverment help. I bet that family has helped plenty of other people in the community and at the church they belong too. I saw the Duggars interviewed on the Mike Huckabee show once and came away very impressed by their expressed Christian faith and family loyalty.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Good points CR. I'm not neccessarily an advocate of 19+ kids, but 3-6 is a good goal/# for solid/stable White families. We have four, and may try for another (God willing).
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
As a born-again Christian, I admire and appreciate their faith as well. I'm just saying having a family that big it isn't workable for most folks.