Dropped pass percentage of NFL receivers

referendum

Mentor
Many Caste Football posters have mentioned that many black receivers drop lots of passes, and that white receivers generally don't drop as many. I'm wondering if anyone has done an in depth study on this. Obviously sometimes its not clear if the receiver only dropped the ball because he made a great attempt at a poorly thrown ball, but I'd love to see the stats on this.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NFL does keep a stat for dropped pass percentage, but I don't know how to find it off hand. My impression is that the league is very generous in what it classifies asa drop, i.e. it has to be blatant to qualify.

Watching NFL games, the number of simple catches that are mangled by "professional receivers" never fails to amaze. But that's part and parcel of Caste System mythology -- all a black player need do is make the occasional spectacular play and his reputation is assured. All the bad plays are quickly forgotten, when mentioned at all to begin with.

referendum

Mentor
Don, I think we should really make a strong effort in finding out about this. Its my contention that QB position has stayed mostly white because there are so many obvious statistics showing the incompetence of so many black QB's, so it would be nice if we had some kind of documentation, however arbitrary and limited it might be, to back up our assertions about receiver positions. I'll do some net surfing myself.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Referendum, I'm sure that statistic is out there, though it may have to be found on a team by team basis. I'm seen many white receivers have bad drops, but I've never seen a white receiver or tight end with consistently bad hands like we find in a large number of black receivers and tight ends.

With quarterbacks, there's so much statistical data, plus the importance of the quarterback in a team's success or failure can't be nearly as easily hidden as with other positions. But never underestimate the tendencyof football coaches to be Caste System copycats. What else explains the blind allegiance toimmobile sumo linemen, receivers that can't run routes or catch, running backs that are slow or run out of bounds to avoid contact, not to mention the large number of downright lousy defensive players? And oh yeah, the huge number of thugs, criminals, and incredibly selfish players in general. The Caste System runs strong and deep and many coaches will continue to try to field a black quarterback whenever possible, though a few are shrewd enough to always keep the starter and backups white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Interesting take on the dropped passes of one player on the Vikes, by Bill Simmons of ESPN Page 2:

Packers (+5.5) over VIKINGS
My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't come close to dropping her yet, or even nearly dropping her, even though I've been holding her and tripped over phone cords and dog tails and everything else you can imagine. I mean, I would never drop her. The parental instinct gives you super-powers -- it's hard to explain unless you're a parent, but somebody could shoot my kid out of one of those T-shirt cannons that they use for NBA games and I would catch her 100 times out of 100 even if you had me hogtied and wearing high heels.

Anyway, I was thinking about this because every time I watch a big Vikes game, Troy Williamson drops at least one huge pass. So why couldn't they hypnotize him to have the same instincts for a football that parents have for their children? Couldn't this work? I feel like this would definitely work. And honestly? I haven't been this excited about an idea since I was pushing for the networks to hire lip readers a few years ago. Have sports teams ever explored hypnosis before? I would also want the Celtics to hypnotize Tony Allen into realizing that he shouldn't dribble or shoot under any circumstances, not even in pregame warmups.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Remember, the poor hands found amongmany of the "world's best receivers" has nothing to do with blacks'shortcomings in thehand-eye coordination department. In the case of Randy Moss, it has everything to do with poor Randy being in a "bad mood" during games.

Moss, asked Monday about dropping more passes than usual this season, said perhaps his lack of happiness has affected his play.

"Maybe because I'm unhappy, and I'm not too much excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down when I'm in a bad mood," Moss said. "So all I can say is if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2661433

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Boy, thats telling! There's no team in his world, just me, me, me.