Dos Equis beer commercials

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I dislike 99 percent-plus of commercials because they promote miscegenation, deracination, mindless consumerism, and promotion and adherence to the conformity of the current Cultural Marxist party line. Their importance in shaping the mass mind can never be underestimated.

That said, I enjoy the Dos Equis beer commercials that feature a 60ish white man with a Spanish accent who is billed as "the world's most interesting man." He is surrounded by beautiful women as his accomplishments and heroics are shown (some in flashback). There are some clever lines too, like "He speaks French -- in Russian," and "He lives vicariously -- through himself."

I'd never heard of Dos Equis beer before and still have no inclination to buy some, but maybe I'll give one a try the next time I'm at a bar. At any rate it's refreshing to see an ad campaign centered around a white man who is portrayed positively through good-natured humor.

jcolec02

Mentor
Dos Equis is a mexican beer, but the guy I think is white, Anyway I like how when the commercial comes on it goes to when he is younger, and it looks like something from the 70's, they even use old film.

StarWars

Mentor
They are funny commercials. In one he is just running away into the woods with a fox in his hands, laughing. Haha. It is nice to see a white man portrayed as some sort of funny joke/ hero. Like Chuck Norris doesn't push himself when he does pushups, he pushes the world, etc. There are always a few signs from the past. The direction we are going in is always the same though. Not to mention I wonder if he is consiered non-white to some DWFs, like Mark Sanchez.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I agree i find the commercials entertaining, very Bond like

Bart

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
Not to mention I wonder if he is consiered non-white to some DWFs,

I had to check these clips out on Youtube. I'm not a drunk fan, so it didn't take long for me to figure out the mystery. White or Hispanic? Um...no. Does not matter. They are only silly commercials.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Dos Equis isn't a bad brew (especially on draft). I prefer Shiner Bock or PBR (if I'm going on the cheap).

Fyi, Will Lyman who the narrates for PBS' docu-series "Frontline" also narrates that Dos Equis commercial, "The Most Interesting Man in the World".

white is right

Hall of Famer
The commercial intrigued me enough to buy a 6 pack once. It's a decent beer and probably worth the price. In Ontario a 6 pack will run you 12 Canadian. (I don't know what it costs in the US) As for the guy he reminds me of a white Ricardo Montalban....
smiley2.gif
Edited by: white is right