Does HBO discriminate against white boxers?

Does HBO discriminate against white boxers?

• No, they treat whites the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I just heard some news today:

Paul Williams, who was KOed in his last fight, will headline a July 9 HBO event.

Andre Berto, who lost his last fight, will headline a card in October.

I've also read that the Adamek-Vitali fight will NOT be shown on HBO (they are showing the Haye-Wlad fight on July 2).

Do you think HBO discriminates against white boxers? Oh, they'll one or two white fighters on from time to time, but it seems in recent years they do favor black fighters, even if they are boring and mediocre like Adrien Broner and Andre Berto.

HBO boss Ross Greenburg and his African-American associate Kery Davis seem to me to be favoring certain unpopular black fighters.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It sure looks like anti-White discrimination to me.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Berto has to be the illegitimate son of the programming executive. Even his fight against the tough as nails Ortiz he was a decent favourite. All other fights that HBO bought he was an overwhelming favourite. When Pavlik fought mismatch mandatories HBO passed on similar patsies and Arum put these fights on independent PPV's. Make your own conclusions.......
smiley5.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Of course HBO discriminates against White fighters. But anytime a White fighter is giving the opportunity to perform on HBO, he should never refuse to go on.

Kelly Pavlik's road looked great there, until his alcoholism got the best of him, and will now have to fight and win several fights to get a slot there.

Westside

Hall of Famer
lost, Greenburg is the head of boxing/sports at Epix. He wanted to showcase Vitali, but his KO of that affelito, got mixed reviews with him KO'ng him so quick.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just read that HBO has signed Paul William against Japanese fighter Isihida. If I'm Isihida I would find a top rate American trainer; ie Roach, Steward or Bloodworth! I think P Will is pretty much damaged goods. Isihida should be able to KO him with a little American training.

Isihida is the one who KO'd newest black hope Kirkland, last month.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
lost, Greenburg is the head of boxing/sports at Epix. He wanted to showcase Vitali, but his KO of that affelito, got mixed reviews with him KO'ng him so quick.

That's a different person than Ross Greenburg. His name is spelled "Greenberg".

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
I just hope Max Kellerman will NOT be working the Wlad-Haye fight.

While Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley have always been fair to the Klitschkos, Kellerman always discredits good white boxers, while coming across as being in love with African-American fighters.

j41181

Master
Parody said:
I just hope Max Kellerman will NOT be working the Wlad-Haye fight.

While Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley have always been fair to the Klitschkos, Kellerman always discredits good white boxers, while coming across as being in love with African-American fighters.
I'd love him to be there, in total denial state as Wlad pounds Gaye to a pulp.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Our poster Westside says I'm a "bile spewing conspiracy theorist" for posting that HBO favors black boxers.

Yet twelve out of twelve people in the poll voted in agreement with me.

G

Pavliks going to fight Bute by the end of the year so he's going to be on Showtime for his next big fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Parody never said HBO doesn't discriminate against Whites. In fact I'm one the 12 who voted that they do! My issue with your flawed logic, is White fighters should avoid fighting on the network cecause of said discrimination. Your attempts to twist the facts never work!

Calling a poster a Negro woreshiper, caste believer and the like is bile spew. Never called u a rabid conspiracy theorists. But if coat fits, your wearing it exceptionally well. I guess your still angry?

Westside

Hall of Famer
Maybe a case of W.D.S? Westside Derangement Syndrome.
smiley36.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Of course HBO discriminates against White fighters. But anytime a White fighter is giving the opportunity to perform on HBO, he should never refuse to go on.

Kelly Pavlik's road looked great there, until his alcoholism got the best of him, and will now have to fight and win several fights to get a slot there.
Parody read this prior post of mind very carefully. It's written in basic English. It surmised my whole counter argument to yours. It even stated that HBO discriminates against Whites! Your making yourself look foolish and deranged. Also, me being a level headed fellow will accept your apology. Let's make up be poster friends?

Westside

Hall of Famer
It was dated May 16, 2011! At 1101 pm! Need we gone with this battle of ours? The only things it is accomishing is Shedding a cloud over us and increasing my post count!
smiley36.gif