Dmytro Kucher

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Dmytro Kucher will be fighting Ilunga Makabu this coming Saturday.

This is an excellent boxing card in Monaco, with the the following fights:

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=668771

Grachev-Rodriguez will be the final of the "Monte Carlo Million Dollar Super Four" tournament.

Three white boxers will be matched up against sub-Saharan Africans:

Allakhverdiev-M'Baye (for the IBO and WBA light welterweight titles)

Kucher-Makabu (WBC Silver cruiserweight title)

Bursak-Arron (EBU (European) Middleweight title)

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rodriguez-grachev-gearing-up-for-big-monte-carlo-payday-211339

Rodriguez, Grachev gearing up to cash in on big Monte Carlo payday

While the rest of the United States celebrated the Fourth of July over the weekend, Edwin Rodriguez and Denis Grachev were busy in Houston, Texas and Big Bear, California, respectively finalizing preparations for their return to Monte Carlo next Saturday night. The Rodriguez/Grachev showdown, scheduled for ten rounds, will be competed at a catch weight of 171.5 with the winner pocketing the lion’s share, 60%, of the Monte Carlo Million Dollar Super 4 Prize, the loser coming away with 40%. The fight takes place at the glittering Salles de Etoile entertainment venue.

“This is an outstanding matchup between two fine warriors and true gentlemen outside the ring. I’m very proud to promote this event to those in attendance in Monte Carlo in addition to those viewing the telecast across the globe,” said promoter Rodney Berman, head of Golden Gloves in South Africa. One week out, organizers are still working on U.S. television for the fight.

Rodriguez advanced to the final on March 31, taking a ten round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Argentinian contender Ezequiel Maderna. Grachev moved forward on the same day with a ten round split decision over former world champion Zsolt Erdei, both bouts also taking place at the Salle des Etoiles venue in the world’s most beautiful tourist location.

Each combatant is finalizing training in two of the finest boxing gyms in the United States, PLEX in Houston, Texas for Edwin Rodriguez and The Summit High Altitude Training Facility in Big Bear, California for Grachev.

After a morning run on the Fourth of July, Grachev (13-1-1, 8 KOs) spoke about the upcoming clash. “After my fight with Erdei on March 30th, I was able to take in quite a bit of the Rodriguez/Maderna fight which was very close. It was not Edwin’s best performance, although he won, I’m confident he can fight much better. ”

In regards to the unique catch weight, Grachev stated, “I’ve fought at 168 against Bute so making 171.5 for this fight is no problem. Super middleweight might be best for me going forward. Not looking past Rodriguez but I’d love to fight Carl Froch or Mikkel Kessler as well as Tommy Oosthuizen. I was very comfortable at 168 when I fought Lucian Bute last November and I thought I beat him clearly eight rounds to four. The training here at The Summit has been outstanding, sparring has been terrific, even went some rounds with Gennady Golovkin. Always good to train alongside a world champion. We leave on Sunday and I’m ready to go. It’s a big purse to win, hopefully I can fight two more times this years as well.”

Finishing a training session with Ronnie Shields at PLEX in Houston, Texas, Rodriguez (23-0, 15 KOs) talked about his Super 4 Final with Grachev.

“My fight with Maderna was after his win over Erdei so I didn’t get to watch it that night but I’ve seen his win a few times. He’s been on my radar a bit as he fought Lucian Bute at 168; additionally I saw his win over Ismayl Siliakh. He also beat my pal Vladine Biosse a couple years ago so I’m very familiar with him. I’m fine with the catch weight of 171.5 as I’m really a super middleweight, I’ll be on weight and I’m sure he will be as well. We both agreed to it and I don’t anticipate it being an issue. After this fight I’d like a world title shot, Sakio Bika would be a great opportunity.”

Three other outstanding bouts round out the evening with a 12 round WBA junior welterweight world title bout between defending champion Khabib Allakhverdiev and top rated challenger Soulemayne M’baye. In the middleweight division, Max Bursak of Kiev, Ukraine will face the United Kingdom’s Prince Arron for the EBU middleweight title over 12 rounds. Rounding out the card is a 12 round cruiserweight clash between Dmytro Kuchar of Kiev, Ukraine and South Africa’s Ilunga Makabu.

Last edited:

Ambrose

Master
Allakhverdiev-M'Baye presser with photos:

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-khabib-souleymane-mbaye-face-off-monaco--67489

Note the negro's much longer arms.

Take a good look at picture number three. That picture has a good angle on both fighters. Now take a good look at Khabib's hand size, wrist size, and forearm. Compare them with M'baye's whose are slender and dainty. Those are some clues as to who has more power. Its in the bones man, its in the bones...

Ambrose

Master
Not necessarily. For instance they say Rocky Marciano had small hands.

No Werewolf, it is always the bones. The hands are just part of it. I never wrote power only comes from the hands. This is the secret of power: shorter arms = thicker bones = less deflection = more power. This is not sometimes the case, this is always the case (where proper technique is applied and fighters of same weight). Tall, skinny, long-armed, thin boned fighters will never have the power of shorter-armed, thicker boned fighter of the same weight. Never. Now go look in a gym, or a weight room, and find the proof for yourself. The shorter limbed man with thick bones is always stronger too.

When I fought I never -never- worried about fighting a man with telescopic arms. Never. I knew he couldn't hurt me (except by counter).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The first of the four fights will start early today, probably at 19:00 hrs Monaco time, that's 1 PM Eastern time.

Nice 1st round, both guys throwing some big shots. I thought Kucher did more though, would have given him the round :), 10-9 Kucher.

Nice 2nd round, closer than the first, but I still thought Kucher landed and did a bit more. Both guys throwing with a lot of power. Good fight so far. 20-18 Kucher.

Tough 3rd round, close round, but I thought the African landed a bit harder punches and more of them. Gonna have to give it to Makabu. Tough fight. 29-28 Kucher.

Man this is a hell of a fight. Great action in the 4th, it was a close one, I'll give it to Kucher but the African also landed some great shots. Thought Kucher landed the best punch of the round though, an uppercut which seemed to hurt the African. 39-37 Kucher.

5th round was close, Id go with Makabu, but Kucher had his moments. 48-47 Kucher. I think this fight will be decided on which guy has better stamina or willpower!

6th round, probably won by Makabu. Would like to see Kucher make some changes. Needs a bit more on his shots and maybe go to the body of the African to slow him down. 57-57.

7th round was close, Makabu came on in the last minute, but Kucher held his own and I preferred his activity over the round. I'd edge it to Kucher. Kucher needs to get the jab going and go downstairs. 67-66 Kucher.

8th round was for the African. Kucher showing a lot of heart but he needs to return some fire and he's losing momentum in the fight... 76-76.

9th was close, Ill go to Kucher, but very close, could have went the other way. 86-85 Kucher.

Thought Kucher comfortably won the 10th. The African didn't throw enough and Kucher outlanded and outworked him. 96-94 Kucher.

Great 11th round from Kucher, he won it no doubt. Must have outthrown and outlanded Makabu by a margin of 2-to-1. Clear round for Kucher IMO. Lotta heart from the Ukrainian. 106-103 Kucher.

Last round I thought Kucher nicked it! He outworked and outlanded the African. 116-112 Kucher is my card.

I admit some rounds were close, and I could see one or two rounds the other way. The turning point of the fight for me was round 9... Kucher seemed to take control of the late rounds and the African's output dropped.

Thought Kucher won it! Showed a lot of heart. A draw would also be a decent result. IMO though, Kucher won it closely.

Last edited:
The African was given the majority decision, scores were 114-114, 115-113, 115-114.

I can agree with a draw, but I thought the African lost the fight in the last 4 rounds. Close fight no doubt.

Bad decision in my opinion. Not a robbery, but I thought the African threw away the fight in the late rounds.

Draw would have been more fair. I don't think the African won the fight.

Zeus

Guru
I am very disappointed seeing Kucher losing. I am known in here for considering Eastern Europeans being these "superior fighting machines" and I was not expecting Kucher to be such a light puncher. This fight could go both ways and the French of course picked the African....What else is new? Well the African fought well though and the fight was close.

Let's hope our two main guys win!

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The African was given the majority decision, scores were 114-114, 115-113, 115-114.

I can agree with a draw, but I thought the African lost the fight in the last 4 rounds. Close fight no doubt.

Bad decision in my opinion. Not a robbery, but I thought the African threw away the fight in the late rounds.

Draw would have been more fair. I don't think the African won the fight.
I scored it 115-113 for Kucher. He was behind after 8, but he swept the last four rounds.

Zeus

Guru
Is it me or the British commentators are OBVIOUSLY (and grossly) in favor of every colored fighter against the white man? And then some people complain because I am stating the obvious..........Alright there are self loathing whites everywhere in the world but it seems like in the UK and US have taken it to another level!

I scored it 115-113 for Kucher. He was behind after 8, but he swept the last four rounds.

Yep, that's a good card. I had it 116-112 Kucher, but I admit I gave him a lot of close rounds. So I can agree with even 115-113, or 114-114.

However, I really don't think the African won the fight. He didn't deserve the decision and he lost the fight by losing the last 4 rounds.

So I fully agree with your observation!

Is it me or the British commentators are OBVIOUSLY (and grossly) in favor of every colored fighter against the white man? And then some people complain because I am stating the obvious..........Alright there are self loathing whites everywhere in the world but it seems like in the UK and US have taken it to another level!

Yes, great post Zeus and I agree. Generally speaking it seems like further "West" countries tend to have more self-hating and liberal whites. No doubt there are socio-cultural, economic, and historical reasons for that. Actually it seems to me, many Americans and Brits particularly still have an intense guilt complex over slavery and that seems to be the root of their self-racism (and of course the media constantly re enforces that).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
You are correct.

It's really the result of a lot of brainwashing in the English-speaking part of the world over the past 50 years by the media and entertainment industry.

Movies and TV programs nearly always portray negroes as likable, honorable and wise and whites as evil (except for the one white anti-hero). And anyone who is pro-white is portrayed as evil.

I just watched the 1980s movie Platoon last night. It's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The pot-smokers and negroes were portrayed as likable people, while the dedicated white soldiers (especially the Ton Berenger character) were made out to be ruthless and evil.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Dmytro Kucher-Ovill McKenzie: EBU title heads to London, April 30

kucher-mckenzie-elite-qp.png

The Hock

Master
Enzo needed to superglue his right hand to his chin for any chance.

Which means he needs to hang 'em up.

Every time his gets stopped I think that's it but then then he is again a few months later.