Dmytro Kucher

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Herelius is legit so this is a great result.

Too bad cruiserweight gets next to no attention in the U.S.

Yes, i saw this result today on BoxRec, and I was thinking about making a thread on Dmytro Kucher. I see that this thread has already been made and thats great.

Kucher's TKO 2 win over Steve Herelius is very impressive!

That's a tremendous result for Dmytro Kucher, as Steve Herelius is a former world champion only about two years ago and a very distinguished opponent. Knocking out Herelius in 2 rounds is amazing. Herelius had good fights with guys like Firat Arslan (Herelius stopped him late to win a world title) and Yoan Hernandez (Herelius was stopped by Hernandez in 7).

Looking at Kucher's record I also see that he has solid wins over cruiserweight veterans like Ismail Abdoul, Lubos Suda, Geoffrey Battelo, and Ali Ismailov.

Kucher looks very promising and after this win I'd say he's not far off a titleshot!

I didn't see the fight so not sure of the particulars on the stoppage, but TKO 2 over Herelius is a very impressive result. I'd love to check out the video when its on youtube (searched youtube, haven't found a fight vid yet, Im sure one will be up soon though).

Last edited:
Video of Kucher-Herelius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60GVFBiOOsQ

That was one of the best KO's I've seen in awhile, Herelius was knocked right out of the ring! :icon_smile:

Wow, very nice KO from Dmytro! To TKO Herelius in only 2 rounds, especially as decisively as this, knocking him out of the ring is an amazing accomplishment! Herelius is only removed from being a world champion by one and a half years, and recently lost a competitive fight to world top5 Yoan Hernandez. Very impressive knockout win over a former world champ, and this win does wonders in establishing him as a top10 contender at cruiserweight. Could definitely see Kucher fighting for a world title in the next year or two depending on his management, development, and ambition.

My thoughts on the fight:

1st Round started very cautiously, lots of arm punches from both. Then Kucher starts landing jabs, throwing rights, backs Herelius onto ropes and unloads meaningful bodyshots. Much more snap on Kucher's punches and he's landing significantly.

2nd Round Herelius starts aggressively, tries to land some shots which is unsuccessful. Kucher begins settling down, lands a right hand that hurts Herelius, from there 2 bodyshots and a right hand knocked him out. Bodyshots had the most effect towards the KO, in my opinion.

Very nice KO!

:)

Interesting to see where Kucher goes from here. Of course this win adds a big name onto his resume. Personally I'd love to see him fight one or two more fights before a titleshot. Firat Arslan (has a fight coming up with Huck) is a guy who I'd like to see him fight and I think he'd take him into later rounds. Alex Alekseev is another guy who would make a great pre-title fight with Kucher, I think.

Somewhere down the road it'd be nice to see Kucher take the belt off of Afolabi, or Hernandez. (If Lebedev or Wlodarczyk don't beat him to it! Huck is a nonfactor as he has said he will be fighting at HW after Arslan)