Diaconu-Henry Live!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Donkingtv.com is showing the Diaconu-Henry caste match up today for FREE!

Right now they are showing Jo Jo Dan v. Raul Balbi.

Oh, and Don King's intro is hilarious as he mispronounces words and uses the wrong words to describe his event. At one point he says "this event will metastasize into 2 or 3."

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Wow - Dan KO'd Balbi in the 3rd. Very impressive considering Balbi is a former champ.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I'm able to watch. A Romanian guy (Simeon) is dominating a Dominican fighter (Encarnacion). Main event is next.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good fight so far. Through 6 rounds Diaconu is ahead and has had Henry in trouble a few times. Henry is tough and is finding a home for the uppercut however.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Adrian Diaconu wins by UD - scores were 115-113, 115-113, and 116-113.

We have a new interim WBC light heavyweight champion!

smiley32.gif

Sean

Mentor
Confrats to Diaconu! The day has started off well.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Adamek dropped Bell in the 1st and tagged him a few times in the 2nd. Good start for our guy.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Adamek makes Bell quit!
Making just his third appearance at cruiserweight, former light heavyweight champion Tomasz Adamek (34-1, 23 KOs) stopped former undisputed cruiserweight champion O'Neil Bell (26-3-1, 24 KOs) the seventh round of an IBF title elimination bout at the Spodek Arena in Katowice, Poland. Adamek briefly dropped Bell to a knee with a right hand in round one and had good success by outboxing Bell. The harder-punching Bell upped the pressure in the third round but Adamek continued to use his quickness and tactics with good results. A frustrated Bell suprisingly quit after the seventh roun

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
How did Diaconu look? I missed the fight
smiley7.gif
Was it as close as the scores indicated?

I thought Diaconu looked okay but he seemed a little hesitant by times, probably because he had been inactive for a year. Henry has a good chin, because Diaconu was landing some flush power punches during the fight that didn't seem to affect him much. Henry was hurt, though, at the end of the eighth round, in fact if there was a little more time, Diaconu would have likely stopped him.

The scores are probably okay. The stream didn't work for the last three rounds so we couldn't watch them. I later read during this time, Henry went all out for the KO since he knew he was behind on the cards, and Diaconu was on the defensive. So Henry may have tightened the scores by winning a couple of late rounds.Edited by: JD1986

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Diaconu is good but I would not pick him to beat Erdei, Tarver or Dawson at this point. But he was off for a year and Henry was very tough.

Lumsden is right, his stamina is in question.