David Lemieux VS Gabe Rosado

This fight between two hard hitting middleweight boxers has been scheduled to take place at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. HBO is televising on Boxing After Dark.

I'm a fan of both boxers and this fight will definitely carry some firepower. Both guys hit hard and have a come forward brawling style. This could be like watching an old Arturo Gatti fight...

Someone's getting knocked out. But who? Anyone laying money down on this fight?

I'm leaning towards Lemieux winning by KO.

Rosado is as tough as they come but Lemieux hits very hard (almost comparable to Sergey Kovalev in terms of punching power, difference being Sergey also has other skills that David doesnt have like speed, defense, pacing, accuracy etc).

Rosado will walk straight into Lemieux and Lemieux will just tee off.

If Rosado can take the punches and comeback with his own he could cause problems for David in the later rounds. But that's a very big if.

Prediction: Lemieux KO 7

Lemieux is certainly beatable but if Gabe gonna come forward brawling I think Lemieux KO'S him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
David should win this on a massive KO. He can not afford to be upset again. His last fight he looked unstoppable. Rosado, although game is on the downslope of his career. The ending to this fight should be explosive.

The Hock

Master
Man this should be a fun fight to watch. Neither fighter is a fancy Dan. Rosado is tough, probably tougher physically than Lemieux, while the Canuck's punches have a lot of thump. Lemieux reminds of a Welshman named Colin Jones back in the eighties. Not real fast or fancy, but super heavy hands.

HBO keeps my subscription for another month with this one.

r24ya9.jpg

Man I can already tell this is going to be a hell of a fight.

In terms of pure punching power David Lemieux is definitely one of the harder punchers in the sport. He has 30 KOs in 32 wins and most of those KOs came within the first 3 rounds. I dont think he hots quite as hard as Kovalev but he's close and his power is comparable.

In fact I'd say the 5 biggest punchers in boxing are (in no order);

Wlad Klitschko
Sergey Kovalev
David Lemieux
GGG
Nicholas Walters

So my point is David ' s power is right up there with the best of them. Unfortunately, David doesnt seem to have good defensive skills, pace, stamina etc. What makes Kovalev amazing is he can hit hard AND box AND defend. David only hits hard so he's a bit limited.

Rosado is a tough friggin dude who can also bang himself. If he can survive the first 5 rounds it'spossible he could trouble Lemieux down the stretch.

Many have compared Lemieux to Mike Tyson and I think the comparison is valid; short power puncher who's dangerous early but fades in the late rounds and can be outboxed.

This is going to be an awesome fight I know it. May the best man win!

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Man I can already tell this is going to be a hell of a fight.

In terms of pure punching power David Lemieux is definitely one of the harder punchers in the sport. He has 30 KOs in 32 wins and most of those KOs came within the first 3 rounds. I dont think he hots quite as hard as Kovalev but he's close and his power is comparable.

In fact I'd say the 5 biggest punchers in boxing are (in no order);

Wlad Klitschko
Sergey Kovalev
David Lemieux
GGG
Nicholas Walters

So my point is David ' s power is right up there with the best of them. Unfortunately, David doesnt seem to have good defensive skills, pace, stamina etc. What makes Kovalev amazing is he can hit hard AND box AND defend. David only hits hard so he's a bit limited.

Rosado is a tough friggin dude who can also bang himself. If he can survive the first 5 rounds it'spossible he could trouble Lemieux down the stretch.

Many have compared Lemieux to Mike Tyson and I think the comparison is valid; short power puncher who's dangerous early but fades in the late rounds and can be outboxed.

This is going to be an awesome fight I know it. May the best man win!
Rosado is a gatekeeper/junk yard dog type of fighter. So this is a test of what Lemieux has than what Rosado is. If Lemieux has more versatility than being a pure puncher he should win this fairly easily. If he is just a pure puncher than he still may win this easily but he also could drown in deep waters if he gasses out like in the Rubio fight. Tonight should be fun and interesting.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Really looking forward to seeing David's improvement. I said it a year ago, I think he would be better at 154 lbs rather than a full fledge 160 pounder. Watching the undercard, this Centano kid has a lot of potential as a young fighter.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Centano gets a sensational KO over a good fighter in De La Rosa, who, BTW beat Angulo easily. If he is moved smartly his end game will be in the 168 lbs division top ten contender.

Westside

Hall of Famer
The fight is starting now.

Westside

Hall of Famer
David reminds me of a prime Mike Tyson destroyer so far. I like his head movement and hands up.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Rasado is a tough warrior tho.

The Hock

Master
Nice win by Lemieux. His two losses were good learning experiences and so he moves forward. I was worried he'd gas around the sixth but he paced himself well. He's a fun fighter to watch.

Westside

Hall of Famer
David got the TKO. Looked good/sensational. My only critique is that his team refine his jab, which I saw couple times tonight. If I am him I would be calling out Quillin 24/7. The fight to be held in Canada. Big turn out, big money for both fighters. HBO is on the Lemieux bandwagon. If things go right, David will be facing GGG in a year and half. The world is David's if he keeps on improving. I have never seen a middleweight commit to power punching thought the match like Lemieux did tonight. Like I said he looked like a 1989 Mike Tyson at 160 lbs. Congrats to him.

Great win by David who seems to have improved from his losses to Rubio and Alcine some years back. Rosado took a beating and Im assuming will be heading to a hospital after the fight, because he took a lot of punches. Decent stoppage my only concern is that I thought the fight possibly could have been stopped earlier.

After the fight Max Kellerman seemed to imply that a Lemieux-GGG showdown could be forthcoming. What a disaster that would be. David is way too wide open and hes too easy to hit. GGG would destroy him and knock him spark out, Id say within 3 rounds. David hits hard and is offensively gifted, but he is very easy to hit himself and he takes as much as he gives. Golovkin is vastly superior technically.

I am a huge fan and supporter of Lemieux so I hope his team instead targets a fight VS Jermain Taylor or Danny Jacobs. Lemieux would win a world title in those fights and Id favour him to win them both by KO.

HBO is desperately seeking opponents for GGG so theyre essentially feeding Lemieux to GGG. Lemieux has no chance in that fight, better to fight Taylor or Jacobs.

white is right

Hall of Famer
David got the TKO. Looked good/sensational. My only critique is that his team refine his jab, which I saw couple times tonight. If I am him I would be calling out Quillin 24/7. The fight to be held in Canada. Big turn out, big money for both fighters. HBO is on the Lemieux bandwagon. If things go right, David will be facing GGG in a year and half. The world is David's if he keeps on improving. I have never seen a middleweight commit to power punching thought the match like Lemieux did tonight. Like I said he looked like a 1989 Mike Tyson at 160 lbs. Congrats to him.
Before the fight ESPN had a panel about this fight and everybody agreed that this was a showcase fight for Lemieux. If Lemieux had learned to pace himself and his chin wasn't made of glass he would beat Rosado. This was what happened. I saw a few flaws of not rolling his upper body when the other guy was punching and very little head movement when on the defensive. But David will never be a Gayfeather or a Sweet Pea, it's just not his style.

I think there are winnable title fights for ie the IBF title with Jermain Taylor, maybe the WBO winner next week or the paper WBA regular belt held by Jacobs. But boxing is about money more than titles so Lemieux may fight a few contenders on HBO if the champions low ball him or out right duck him. I do feel that a GGG fight will be a cash out fight, so that should be far down the road unless his management team feels he can't win the previous fights I talked about or feel that he has more than a punchers chance against GGG.

The Hock

Master
I think it was a good stoppage. Rosado was too tough for his own good, as they say. It was starting to look like one of those fights where I guy goes the distance but gets beat up in a losing cause, then collapses in the dressing room and ends up on a ventilator. Lemieux was really teeing off in that last round. Rosado might not be the same after this fight.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
I forgot about Jermaine Taylor. He would lay waste to him. I say HBO should make this fight. After he KTFO out Taylor, and has a strap around his waste. Call out the poser Quillin non stop. It would be a huge match in Canada with both fighters making huge money. If Quillin is a dumbass, which he is, David destroys him with in 6 rds and calls out Canelo or GGG. If David wins against the black hope Quillin, huge fights and money are ahead for him.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Great win by David who seems to have improved from his losses to Rubio and Alcine some years back. Rosado took a beating and Im assuming will be heading to a hospital after the fight, because he took a lot of punches. Decent stoppage my only concern is that I thought the fight possibly could have been stopped earlier.

After the fight Max Kellerman seemed to imply that a Lemieux-GGG showdown could be forthcoming. What a disaster that would be. David is way too wide open and hes too easy to hit. GGG would destroy him and knock him spark out, Id say within 3 rounds. David hits hard and is offensively gifted, but he is very easy to hit himself and he takes as much as he gives. Golovkin is vastly superior technically.

I am a huge fan and supporter of Lemieux so I hope his team instead targets a fight VS Jermain Taylor or Danny Jacobs. Lemieux would win a world title in those fights and Id favour him to win them both by KO.

HBO is desperately seeking opponents for GGG so theyre essentially feeding Lemieux to GGG. Lemieux has no chance in that fight, better to fight Taylor or Jacobs.

Good post. I agree. Feed some common negroes to GGG.

What's Lemieux' backgroend? He has a French name, born and lives in Montreal, and carries a Greek flag and has Greek letters on his trunks?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Good post. I agree. Feed some common negroes to GGG.

What's Lemieux' backgroend? He has a French name, born and lives in Montreal, and carries a Greek flag and has Greek letters on his trunks?
He carried the French Canadian flag last night.

He has an Armenian mother and a French Canadian father.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;kXelahgT1N4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kXelahgT1N4[/video]

werewolf

Hall of Famer
He carried the French Canadian flag last night.

He has an Armenian mother and a French Canadian father.

That was a French Canadian flag? I though the French Canadian flag had fleur de lis on it. And didn't he have Greek writing on the back of his trunks?

That was rides - Lilesanadian flag? I though the French Canadian flag had fleur de lis on it. And didn't he have Greek writing on the back of his trunks?

Before the fight, he had a Fleur-des-Liles flag in his corner. It's the provincial flag of Quebec and is usually associated with French Canadians, Francophones, or even Quebec separatists. I lived in Quebec for 5 years so I knew all that right away.

It's quite telling that David chose to use the Quebec flag instead of the Canadian flag. I didn't see any Canadian flags in his entourage.

The letters on the back of his trunks read "EEOTM" or something like that. I have no idea what it means.

I've always heard Lemieux is part Armenian and HBO showed his family last night its clearly on his Mom's side. His Dad looks pure Quebecois and his name "Lemieux" is one of the most common surnames in Quebec.