Dariusz Michalczewski

Blue Devils

Mentor
What are the chances he makes the Hall of Fame? I've noticed he gets a lot of criticism on ESB and boxingscene from the Roy Jones fan boys. He was a two weight world champion, after beating Leonzer Barber for the WBO Light Heavy Belt he moved up to Cruiser to win the WBO Cruiser Belt by Knockout. Beat Virgil Hill to unify the WBO,WBA,IBF belts only to be stripped shortly after. 23 consecutive Title defenses, 2 shy of Joe Louis' record. 48 consecutive victories. Knocked out Montell Griffin in four,first to Knock out Graciano Rocchigiani in their rematch,stopped Drake Thadzi in 9 after Thadzi beat James Toney and knocked out Scully.
Only lost after he was old and past his prime. Will his accomplishments be enough to get him in the hall. I can think of two fighters who achieved far less than him and are sitting in the Hall. Jose Torres and Barry Mcguigan.
Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Dariusz is probably the most underrated boxer of all time. He's never received the recognition he deserves because his skin happens to be the wrong colour.

He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but they'll never let him in.

However, I believe he is recognized as a great fighter in Europe, where the caste system in sports has never taken effect like it has in the US and Canada.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Dariusz is the true pound for pound king of the 90's. He would have destroyed Roy Jones in his prime howeever that coward Jones made sure the fight never happened. He gets no respect while Jones gets it all. By the way Dariusz is possibly coming out of retirement to fight again late this spring. However I dont expect much as he is past his prime.Edited by: whiteathlete33

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Things are different in Europe. This garbage that is here has not destroyed them. Why else do u think the worlds strongest man and tons of great boxers come out of Europe?I have been to my homeland of Poland and I love it. There are tons and tons of great athletes that would dominate the NBA if only these caste system followers allowed it. Look for Adamek to dominated Bell on the 19th.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What the media does is try to show how white champions are only champions of their countries. They could never defeat superior Us opponents. HAHAHAHA.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Michalczewski broke...

Ring legend Dariusz Michalczewski says he no longer has most of millions
he earned his his Hall of Fame career. "The Tiger," who has been married
three times (to one woman twice), told BILD "I have wasted €30 million on
booze and loose living....my women have my money." Now 40,
Michalczewski is planning to marry his current girlfriend.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=969Edited by: Blue Devils

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Dariusz is once again on the HOF ballot, but about half the voting boxing writers are the Chosen Ones and the other half are brainwashed by them, so although he's deserving, there's no chance he'll get in.

He won titles in two divisions, had one of the longest runs as WBO champion, and beat Virgil Hill to unify the light heavyweight titles.

Hill was favored over Dariusz and admitted into the IBHOF because of his privilege for being non-white (half Negro and half Indian).

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
At least one sportswriter is voting for Dariusz:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/359617-the-ibhof-class-of-2015-how-i-voted-and-why

Michalczewski-Hill_Scheewel.jpg

white is right

Hall of Famer
Dariusz is once again on the HOF ballot, but about half the voting boxing writers are the Chosen Ones and the other half are brainwashed by them, so although he's deserving, there's no chance he'll get in.

He won titles in two divisions, had one of the longest runs as WBO champion, and beat Virgil Hill to unify the light heavyweight titles.

Hill was favored over Dariusz and admitted into the IBHOF because of his privilege for being non-white (half Negro and half Indian).
Dan Raphael talked in a blog how only three spots a year were freed up because of the back log of marginal candidates. So the hall this year created a new old timer category. In the past the hall has discriminated against European based and Asian based fighters. Supposedly 20 spots were opend up and the Ring writer felt that Bowe and Mancini could get in now. Both are very marginal and don't have a better body of work than Darius, Hamed, Maske or even Ottke.