Crime stats

jcolec02

Mentor
f**king ridiculous

Incarceration rates

Us-incarceration-rates.png

Source: Harrison, Paige M. & Allen J. Beck, PhD, US Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 2004 (Washington, DC: US Dept. of Justice, Oct. 2005), Table 12, p. 9.Edited by: jcolec02

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Nice charts. But instead of listing wikipedia as a source, you might want to see who the contributor of the stats listed as HIS source. Where did the wiki author find the data to create these charts and write the wiki article?

Most people will say rates of incarceration are higher for black males because of poverty and / or prejudice in the criminal justice system. I don't believe that's true, but it's a common defense for the high rates of black crime and incarceration.

jcolec02

Mentor
I might be willing to blame the justice system if the stats were somewhat close...but when they commit about 8 times more crimes as whites and asians, and almost twice as much as hispanics (who are also "discreminated" against) I gotta say that its all bullsh*t...

jcolec02

Mentor
Source: Harrison, Paige M. & Allen J. Beck, PhD, US Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 2004 (Washington, DC: US Dept. of Justice, Oct. 2005), Table 12, p. 9.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Good job, jc. I agree with you, there's no way that discrimination and poverty can account for one race of people committing 8 times the crime that everyone else does.

C Darwin

Mentor
Many darked skin hispanics are put in the "white" classification.