Corrie Sanders to fight TBA on Nov 11th.

G

Thetimes.co.za

Corrie Sanders to fight Nov. 12, 2007 on the undercard of Gairy St Clair vs. Cassius Baloyi.

If the Baloyi-St Clair match-up is a crossroads fight for the South African, Corrie Sanders will be at a dead end if he loses. Only two things motivate Sanders at this point in his career: winning and money. Without one or the other, Sanders will simply pack it in.

An anticipated fight with Evander Holyfield fell through when Holyfield unexpectedly landed a world title shot, against Sultan Ibragimov in Moscow in October, which left Berman to scour the world for a suitable opponent.

Five names are in the mix: Arthur Williams (43-14-1), Danny Batchelder (25- 5-1), Chazz Witherspoon (19-0), Chris Koval (23-3) and Chauncy Welliver (32-3-5).

Unusually, Sanders has opted for the gym rather than the golf course for his preparation. Harold Volbrecht oversees the boxing side of things and, for the first time, he's got former stablemate Sebastiaan Rothmann handling his fitness.

Rothmann knows all about Sanders cutting corners â€â€￾ they were in the gym together for more than 10 years â€â€￾ but he says Sanders is knuckling down and working hard.

Key to their plan is that Rothmann works on his anaerobic fitness, reckoning that at Sanders's age (41) it doesn't do too much good to do high-impact training.

Rothmann knows what he's talking about. Since quitting the ring he's become a personal trainer â€â€￾ among his clients is Claudia Henkel, the former Miss SA who's a darn sight better to look at than Sanders.

"I can't tell if Corrie's gonna make it. A guy can look a million dollars in the gym, but bomb when it gets to fight time. That's the only time I'll know ."

G

I'm wondering what's going on with CS. I can't find a word about this fight anyplace.

G

Nov. fight didn't take place. Sanders is now scheduled to fight in South Africa on February 2nd.

G

I've been a big fan of his since I first saw him. I think he could have been the best of them all. Unfortunately, he never had the opportunities for the big money and glory fights when he was in his prime, being that he lives in Africa and never cared to relocate as did his fellow South-African, Francois Botha (who I just noticed made a boxing comeback in July), plus none of the big names wanted to fight him for obvious reasons, plus he is injury-prone, plus he doesn't particularly give a sh*t.

ww

G

CANNIBALISM IN THE AFRICAN CONGO</font></font>

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%">
<t><tr>
<td align="left">

</font></font></font></font><blockquote>

"Nearly all the tribes in the Congo Basin either are or have been cannibals..."</font></font></font></font></blockquote></td></tr></t></table>

</font></font>http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/congo1.html

BBC News:

UN condemns DR Congo cannibalism

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2661365.stm

ww

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The black boxers are not cannibals though, Werewolf, so I think you shouldn't always be posting that. I'm not a white supremacist, I just don't like discrimination against white athletes. Please tone it down a little.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Sanders is just keeping in shape until he can land one more big fight and big payday. He knows if he trains honestly he will beat this guy, many already have.

G

What's a "white supremacist"? That comes from the same Newspeak propaganda factory as "racist" and "hate" and all the other words they use to manipulate reality. If you're Black or Jewish or Hottentot or anything else (except, of course, whoever's on their current ever-changing Hate &amp; Kill list - Arabs and Iranians and Moslems this season), and if you're for your own people they'll call you a civil rights worker or an activist or something nice, but if you're a White man or woman who stands up on his or her hind legs they'll call you Nasty Names, like "White Supremacist". Anyway, OK, I'll tone it down, even tho I'm not so sure Machimana isn't a cannibal. Raping and killing and eating babies is another thing that has become popular in "New" South Africa. The ca - I mean the People Of Colour think it cures or prevents AIDS. One out of three women in "New" S.A. is expected to be raped at least once in her lifetime.

ww

Angelcynn

Guru
This topic is about Corrie Sanders, not cannibals. Your boxing knowlage is great Werewolf, lets keep it on track. And concerning Nqakula, yes he is an idiot and so are most of the ANC, I will agree on that (I'm half South Africa) but I think thats a happy hour (don't know why?) or media type topic. Anyways, werewolf, I was just wondering if you knew where Corrie Sanders has been for the last few years? and why he's suddenly decided to go back to boxing again? I feel it's way too late to make any impact on the international stage again, it's a such a pitty because he had so much potential.

G

OK, I'm sorry (likeJohn Belushi said in "Animal house" when he busted his guitar over the hippy's head). I apologize for all my past, present, and future transgressions. I'll try to be a nicer, kinder, gentler werewolf.

Far as I know, Englishman, CS has stayed in RSA all along. I think he has his own small game farm. He's much more interested in that and golf than boxing. It's a shame, because I think he could have been the very best of them all, including Tyson, Lewis, and even the great K brothers. I think he still can make a big impact on boxing if he bothers to get in shape.

He came right out and stated why he's coming back - for the money.

Here's a rare and interesting interview with CS:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/3093/one-one-c orrie-sanders/

Edited by: werewolf

Angelcynn

Guru
I reckon there should be way more Afrikaaners (Dutch, Belgian, French and German decendents) in boxing even though Corrie Sanders is British South African like my Mum. Afrikaaners are 'BIG' burly tough strong people. The theory is because the vast majority used to be farmers and have been used to hard physical work over the past 3 odd centuries (unlike the lazy black African who can't even feed themselves).

In South Africa you rarely see a black man bigger than an Afrikaaner despite being out numbered. The only thing Afrikaaners have left is their small farming communities and sport, at which they are very good at. I mean South Africa easily won the Rugby World Cup recently with 12 of the starting 15 being Afrikaaners, 2 British South African and 1 mixed race player.

G

The only thing Afrikaaners have left is their small farming communities...

The blacks are systematically murdering the white farmers of southern Africa, usually slowly torturing them to death. Not a single word about this in the controlled US media, and no crocodile tears from Bush and Hillary and the rest of them.

ww