Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A 2nd Round Pick

• A 3rd Round Pick

• Total voters

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
According to NFLdraftscout.com Connor Barwin now is listed as running a 4.59 40 (at 6'4 255 lbs.!); Footballs"black"future who I now use for 40 times has him at 4.66. Barwin also had an insane 10-8 Broad Jump, insane 40.5 inch vertical a 4.18 short shuttle (which is good even for a tailback) and a 6.87 3-Cone showing his agility. But even with these workout numbers a white athlete will never bode all round serious athletic respect. Barwin appears "convincingly" to be the most athletic DE in this draft. Still, here is what a joke of a scouting report says on Barwin:

"Barwin is a classic, overachieving defender with a non-stop motor. He brings it hard every down and plays with a lot of emotion."

"He doesn't appear to have great lateral agility and struggles changing direction. In college, he made up for any athletic deficiencies with hard work and relentless effort."

The rest of this non-sense scouting report can be found here:

[url]http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/2/14/759478/scouting-rep ort-connor-bar[/url]

Basically the only thing that could keep Barwin out of the 1st round when you consider his performance in college and incredible "upside" is his white skin. I haven't looked at lots of Barwin scouting reports, but you can bet many of them are like this one. Barwin had a whole 10 sacks last year in his first full season at DE. So what will his draft status be with his melanin deficiency?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
TOugh J i think he might sneak into the first round, of course i would love for him to fall to the second round so the Packers could snag him! Comparing him and Everette Brown, Barwin is the bigger more explosive athlete

Gi-15

Mentor
The packers taking Brown would be an absolute nightmare, I'm still not over Jamal Reynolds...

Barwin should find a taker in the patriots if matthews and cushing are off board by then.

green fire317

Banned
The Patriots love versatile guys so i wouldnt be the least bit suprised if they took him with the 34th pick in the draft.

backrow

Hall of Famer
more on Connor Barwin, after a great pro day (4.4 40)

SI.com Pro Day RISERS:

Risers
Connor Barwin/DL-OLB/Cincinnati: Barwin proved himself to be first round worthy at last month's combine and on Thursday erased any remaining doubt he deserves to be a top 32 selection. Barwin improved his 40 time from Indianapolis, posting 4.48 seconds. He then put on a show for scouts in the position drills. The former tight end worked out with the offensive linemen to show his blocking prowess and with the receivers to display his pass catching skills. Barwin also did defensive line and linebacker drills. He's getting a lot of interest from teams who select in the late part of round one such as the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins.

from rotoworld:

Cincinnati DE/OLB/TE Connor Barwin ran his forty-yard dash in the 4.4-4.5 range at the Bearcats' Pro Day.

Prospects always do better at Pro Days, but this can only help. Barwin, who ran 4.66 at the Combine, is looking more and more like a first-round pick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Let's just hope he doesn't get picked by a team that will mis-use him the way the Steelers did with Mike Vrabel.

green fire317

Banned
some good white defensive guys in this years draft, barwin, Cushing, Matthews, Laurinaitis. Unfortunately there are alot of black offensive linemen.

itsme

Guru
Previously, it was believed that all of the NFL clubs interested in Barwin would put him on their roster as an outside linebacker or a tight end. But as he's held private workouts for teams, and based on feedback from coaches yesterday, at least five teams are still evaluating him as a tight end due to his size, speed and athleticism.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/849052.html

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Interesting, I didn't know NFL scouts wanted to move him back to TE. Personally though, I'd like him to stay on D because there is a lower ratio of white OLBs/DEs than TEs and I think he could be great there.