Guru
Ready for some Goosebumps

www.steinlager.com

click enter and then click on "know who you are" ad
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Maybe we should move to New Zealand they still have their senses it seems.

I vote having this on Frontpage of CasteFootball to rally the troops!!!!
Edited by: voice

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That was a great commercial.Thanks for finding it voice.That boxer reminds me a little bit of Ricky Hatton who is a champ & undefeated.Very cool!

voice

Guru
thanks white lighting!...I can't stop watching it...brilliant stuff

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
very powerful imagery! there's no way an American company would produce that clip. although, you would think the controversy it would inspire from the politically correct self-hate groups would be a sufficient enough reason to air it. after all, according to the terrell owens and randy mosses of the world, there's no such thing as bad P.R.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Is this another one for the Media Racism and Stereotyping forum?

G

One thing though : this commercial shows me more how other countries view the US then anything else. The black guy in this commercial isn't filling the 'loud, angry showboating black guy' persona that he would if the commercial was shown here. Instead he is filling the 'loud, angry, showboating AMERICAN' persona which other countries percieve. It sucks that the actions of so few have such a large implications for how we are viewed as a people for the rest of the world.

White_Savage

Mentor
What's the gist of this commercial?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The black guy in this commercial isn't filling the 'loud, angry showboating black guy' persona that he would if the commercial was shown here. Instead he is filling the 'loud, angry, showboating AMERICAN' persona which other countries percieve.

Who is most responsible for that 'loud, angry, showboating AMERICAN' persona that other countries perceive? Every Sunday afternoon I'm treated to an episode of this behavior every time an 'affalete' scores a TD during an NFL game. Every time Ray Nagin gets on television to complain about the Fed's response to Katrina. Every time a verdict is delivered that the black population of a major city disagrees with. Every talk-to- the-hand, chicken-neckin', Queen Latifah movie that comes out of Hollywood. Ad nauseum.

I am more likely to identify with my race than with my nation anyway, given the current state of affairs in these United States of America. I enjoyed the commercial, and appreciate the imagery they used. I didn't see an American, I saw a typical black athlete. Hell, they could have cast James Toney, Floyd Mayweather or Antonio Tarver in that role and no one would have thought twice about the 'American' persona you describe.

An interesting point was made by an Asian quoted in Jared Taylor's article on the New Orleans debacle, called "Africa in Our Midst." This fellow pointed out that after the catastrophic tsunami in East Asia last December, not a single person was robbed or harmed. And there were lots of wealthy European tourists in the affected areas along with a smaller number of white American tourists. Those Third World people reacted completely differently than did America's blacks, with their raging hatred of whites combined with an attitude of arrogance and ingratitude, demanding that the government instantly take care of their every need.

If white Americans still haven't comprehended that blacks in this country will try to slaughter them during a man-made or natural disaster, they never will.

G

White Shogun said:
I didn't see an American, I saw a typical black athlete.

I know, and neither did I. I am just pointing out what most New Zealanders would see, and it is New Zealanders the commercial is aimed at.

voice

Guru
A sad point to all of us to ponder is a quote I heard a while back and unfortunately I am beginning to agree with...

"When white americans begin to view themselves as hypenated European-Americans then America is dead...."

I will admit I view myself as a European American.

White_Savage

Mentor
I don't have the multi-media capability to download and watch this thing, sounds like it's pretty darn intersting.

White_Savage

Mentor
voice said:
A sad point to all of us to ponder is a quote I heard a while back and unfortunately I am beginning to agree with...

"When white americans begin to view themselves as hypenated European-Americans then America is dead...."

I will admit I view myself as a European American.

Yep. The philosophy in the quote you mentioned is POISON to Americans. Whites are the only people foolish enough to reject their own ethnic identity and expect other people to also do something so un-natural. Instead of banding together as a people, we cry foul when someone else does it.

And throughout most of our history, American Whites most definitely viewed themselves as "European-Americans", well aware of their common ethnic heritage and the differences between themselves and other peoples.

Caucasoids have been racially concscious ever since they first had enough contact and experience with other races to make more or less empircal judgements on the matter.