Clinton Portis-Total Idiot

bigunreal

Mentor
Redskin RB Clinton Portis has sprung to the defense of embattled media darling Mike/Michael Vick, I'm sure most of you have heard the comments Portis made by now, but basically this clown demanded to know why Vick was being "hunted down" for "a dog fight" in "his own house." It is always hilarious to hear the likes of Portis attempt to articulate their stupid, violent beliefs. Portis appears to actually think that people can commit felonies (which dog fighting is in 48 states) behind the closed doors of their property. If we needed any further proof that Mike/Michael Vick is an incredibly ignorant guy, this dog fighting thing should remove any doubts. Why would someone worth millions choose to spend their incredibly plentiful free time by organizing a dog-fighting ring? That's supposed to be entertainment? Well, according to Portis, in Mississippi, where he came from, you could easily find dog fights if you wanted to. Portis and Vick represent the new NFL; the lowest forms of human life imaginable, with an affinity for things that most civilized people have no awareness of. It looks as if Vick is as guilty as sin, but if he is to be punished at all, it will have to be by commissioner Roger Goodell, who is off to a great start but will be sorely tested in this case. Those singing his praises will not be pleased with any real punishment meted out to the most overrated athlete of all time. The local law enforcement officials are doing the celebrity special; dragging their feet, showing extreme reluctance to charge someone who is clearly the kingpin of the illegal operation. Btw, Vick was also interviewed about the dog fighting nonsense, and his comments were even less articulate than those issued by Portis. Referring to himself in the third person (as most black affletes now routinely do), Vick gushed about how well loved he is all over the world. If you can listen to it, do so. It will serve to remind you just how odious this egotistical monster is. I am hopeful that Goodell will continue his good work and throw the book at Mike/Michael Vick. That would be cause for celebration. Edited by: bigunreal

white is right

Hall of Famer
It almost sounded like Portis attends those "sporting contests".....
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Gi-15

Mentor
Those guys are just million dollars bums. I mean, you could find a ton ofskeleton into the closet of these guys, the players like portis, who don't have a wife, kids, you think those guys are 100% football all the time? Thats their job, they do it for a living. What are they doing in their free time? only gods knows. They should just shut the hell up, for their own good sake.

I think Portis should go visit this website : http://www.workingpitbull.com/dogfighting.htm

and see if it's still alright if Vick usehis own dog in his own house to do whatever he wants.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hope Portis gets alot of heat for this. He has been trumpeted loudly in the media for the last two years as being a good guy, funny and a good interview. This should take him down a peg or two. Hopefully.

backrow

Hall of Famer
he is an idiot. he should join his buddy Mike when he gets suspended.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Libertarian intellectual addresses inquisitive members of the Caste media:

bigunreal

Mentor
Where are all the animal rights activists, in light of Portis's inflammatory and highly offensive comments? He appeared to be supporting an individual's right to force dogs to fight to the death- isn't that something that these activists would normally be outraged by? I wonder if they'd act differently if say, Chris Cooley made such comments? They are as silent as all the feminist groups were during the Kobe Bryant rape saga or the Duke Lacrosse fiasco. They have absolutely no credibility.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, he got blasted by the commissioner and Redskins and Portis publicly apologized for his stupid comments.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Call him an unemployed total idiot now....Redskins release Clinton Portis

* Email
* Print
* Comments218

ESPN.com news services
Redskins Release Clinton Portis
John Clayton with what is next for Clinton PortisTags: NFL, Washington Redskins, Clinton Portis
VIDEO PLAYLIST video

* Redskins Release Clinton Portis
John Clayton with what is next for Clinton PortisTags: NFL, Washington Redskins, Clinton Portis
* Redskins Offseason Issues
Redskins Offseason Issues
Adam Schefter on the Redskins plans to release Clinton Portis and try to trade Donovan McNabbTags: NFL, Washington Redskins, Clinton Portis, Donovan McNabb

WASHINGTON -- "Southeast Jerome" is officially gone for good. As well as "Dolla Bill" and "Sheriff Gonna Getcha."

Clinton Portis was released by the Washington Redskins on Monday, ending a charismatic and sometimes contentious seven-year stay that, for a while at least, made him the face of the franchise.

"

Portis I always spoke the truth and I think that's bigger to me than the rushing record or the touchdowns or anything else.
"Â￾ -- Clinton Portis

Injuries and money led to coach Mike Shanahan's decision. Portis had played in only 13 games over the past two seasons because of a severe concussion in 2009 and a torn groin muscle in 2010.

Portis was scheduled to make $8.3 million next season, and Shanahan made it clear at the NFL combine that the Redskins wouldn't keep the 29-year-old running back at that price.

"We're going to let him test the market," Shanahan said, "and see what's out there for him."

Portis told 106.7 The Fan that he was given a chance to restructure his contract, but he said it would be "hard to accept not being the go-guy."

"It was kind of a mutual decision," Portis said. "They could have sat and held on and played around. They gave me an opportunity to further my career and go somewhere where I can help."

"We have been through a lot both on and off of the field and we would like to wish him and his family the very best," Redskins owner Dan Snyder said in a statement announcing Portis' release. "He will always be a Redskin and go down as one of the franchise's all-time greats."

Portis is 77 yards short of 10,000 career rushing yards and leaves Washington 648 yards shy of one of his oft-stated goals -- Hall of Famer John Riggins' franchise record.

[+] EnlargeClinton Portis
AP Photo/Caleb Jones"Coach Janky Spanky" was just one of the many colorful characters Clinton Portis trotted out for the media during his breakout 2005 season.

"If the record meant that much, I think I could stay in D.C. to get it," Portis said. "Although I wanted it, I don't think I wanted it bad enough to ... continue to endure the area to get it. If John Riggins is the only name you can say did more than me as a Redskins running back, that's great company to be in. And I'm OK with that."

Portis will be most remembered for his colorfully productive 2005 season, when he set a franchise single-season rushing record (1,516 yards) and led the team to its first playoff berth in six years while playing dress-up along the way. Every Thursday during the season's homestretch he would appear in costume, playing a wide range of characters that also included "Bro Sweets" and "Inspector Two-Two."

Portis is also one who freely speaks his mind, and that frequently got him into trouble over the years. He picked on his offensive line. He derisively called coach Jim Zorn a "genius." He said female reporters are naturally "going to want somebody" when they see undressed players in the locker room.

He even belittled Riggins, saying the local legend had it easier in the 1980s because it was "really not hard to be a great running back when you've got that talent all around you."

"I always spoke the truth," Portis said Monday, "and I think that's bigger to me than the rushing record or the touchdowns or anything else."

Portis was also profoundly affected by the death of Redskins safety and good friend Sean Taylor in 2007. Both played for the University of Miami.

"Being a Redskin was a special part of my life," Portis said. "Coming and being in that organization, I turned from a kid having fun to a man carrying responsibilities. I tried to put the world on my shoulders for coach [Joe] Gibbs and the Redskins fans."

Portis played in only five games in 2010 before the groin injury ended his season. He rushed for a career-low 227 yards on 54 carries with two touchdowns.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

whiteCB

Master
Thank god this clown didn't break Jim Riggins' franchise career rushing record.