Christopher Cross

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is an absolute great artist. The 80's produced some great artists. Funny how this type of music is extinct today. What do you all think of him?

guest301

Hall of Famer
He's a gulty pleasure to listen too. I love his song "Sailing" but his singing voice is very soprano like bordering on feminine. I have never heard his speaking voice, sometimes that is quite different from one's singing voice.

Deus Vult

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
This is an absolute great artist. The 80's produced some great artists. Funny how this type of music is extinct today. What do you all think of him?

Christopher Cross is a gateway to Judy Garland. Hah! But seriously, I admit he is a good songwriter. And some of his recorded stuff is pretty good -- even if listening to it is the musical equivalent of trying on your wife's panties.

Saxon covered one of his songs, "Ride Like The Wind." That version is entirely, um, hetero.

I saw Christopher Cross get booed off the stage. He was the opener on a bill with Cheap Trick and Foreigner. The crowd was not very tolerant of his type of artistry.

(Hey, Whiteathlete33, you do know I'm just ribbing you, right?)
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
I did not know Ride Like the Wind was his song. That's now two of his songs that I like.