Chicago Politics at its Best

Menelik

Mentor
I didn't realize how corrupt some Chicago politicians are until I read this article and did a little research. I'm just wondering how much of his hometown is Obama going to bring to the White House.

A taste of things to come?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Jesse Jackson Jr, is rumored to be Senate candiadate #5 in the affidavit relaeased yesterday. Reportedly some representatives from Jackson Jr. offered Blegovich about a million dollars worth of incentives to appoint him to the Senate. This story has alot of legs and and could absolutely explode into something much larger. I just have this feeling that a certain person doesn't get sworn in this Jan 20th for some reason. Alot of people I know feel that way. Of course it's just a feeling.Edited by: guest301

white is right

Hall of Famer
So is that what you call a political PUSH or in the case of a White Governor appointing a Black official an example of a Rainbow Coalition?
smiley2.gif
Seriously Chicago has always been a sleazy town. Who can forget the fact that Al Capone was the unofficial mayor of Chicago.Edited by: white is right

Blago is not the worse. He has yet to tear up an airfield at midnight.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Bart

Hall of Famer
Blogojevich Plays The Race Card

[url]http://www.thepoliticalcesspool.org/jamesedwards/2008/12/31/ blogojevich-plays-the-race-card/ [/url]

I knew there was a reason Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was meeting with all those black ministers the other day. He's obviously trying to curry favor with blacks, figuring he'll soon be facing a jury comprised of them, and they'll be deciding his fate when it comes to the massive corruption charges he's facing. Hey, it worked for Richard Scrushy of HealthSouth infamy. More here.

Blagojevich may be stupid and corrupt, but he's not a complete idiot. And now he's raising the stakes even further. He just named former IL Attorney General Roland Burris to take Obama's seat in the US Senate. Burris is black, of course. He accepted in a heartbeat. And then at the press conference another black Congressman chimed in that if people try to block Burris from the Senate, they're racists. He warned people not to "hang or lynch" Burris. (snip)